• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Attendance

It very well could be, I was just making an observation based on app wait times and comments I am seeing on Disneyland FB Groups from people who are currently there.
Just checked the app. RSR is under an hour šŸ˜³ it looks busier than the weekdays, but not bad. We will see how the day goes with the parade, fireworks, and F&W crowds.
Side note: itā€™s pretty chilly today too. And it was drizzling by my house in Westchester. So idk how the weather is in Anaheim and if that would impact anything

OMG NOW RSR IS 45 MINUTES šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³ Lol. Nothing at the park is over an hour. Last week at this time all headliners were a minimum of 90 minutes.

I stand corrected then. It still looks busier then the past few days and RSR FP return times are already into the evening (as they usually seem to be by this time - I was there during the d23 week last August and they ran out around 12-1pm each day, so Iā€™m basing off of that). It might not be as busy as it was last weekend, but itā€™s also not the ghost town some were thinking it was going to be this weekend.

The real test of attendance is going to be crowd levels over the next 4-6 weeks as spring break visitors descend on the parks!

The real test of attendance is going to be crowd levels over the next 4-6 weeks as spring break visitors descend on the parks!
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking too. Outside of the parade and food and wine there isnā€™t much happening. Itā€™s still that odd time between breaks.

Iā€™ll check the app again around the evening to see
If wait times go up

The crowds arenā€™t bad...except itā€™s lunch time and thereā€™s a crush of people on the DCA parade route and the lines for food are long.

ROTR still hasnā€™t started boarding (see other thread). Mix of clouds and sun, nice day to be here. Curious how the day progresses.

The crowds arenā€™t bad...except itā€™s lunch time and thereā€™s a crush of people on the DCA parade route and the lines for food are long.

ROTR still hasnā€™t started boarding (see other thread). Mix of clouds and sun, nice day to be here. Curious how the day progresses.
See I thought food and wine would make the ride lines at DCA long. Food lines are always long for it so that makes sense. It sometimes will taper off midday. It did last weekend for a short time. Then when people noticed them getting shorter they would hop in and make them long again lol

Went Sunday through Thursday, On Sunday we went for opening and it was a madhouse. We were able to get a boarding group which I screwed up trying to get so ended up with 108 or something. We were able to go on the ride later in the evening. The rest of the week we didnt want to deal with the ridiculous morning crowds so we went late morning. 2 of the days we were still able to get boarding groups and ride the ride in the evenings. It worked out great.

Crowds were really low, especially Wednesday and Thursday. Many of the rides were very short waits or even walk on. We could pull fast passes for almost immediate ride times. I was able to pull one for RSR and after we used it and got in line I was able to pull another one right away so we went on it twice in a row.

We walked on Pirates multiple times throughout the week. Millennium Falcon had 15-20 minute waits most of the week. We went on it multiple times but never did get to be a pilot. (Sadface)

I think as the Corona Virus fears grow larger crowds will thin out even more.

Its a great time to go right now.

I was going to start a new thread, but this seems like an appropriate place to ask given some of the comments. if not the mod can split this off.

what is currently happening at the resort? pretty much business as usual or business as usual with a lot of hand sanitzer stations around?

I stand corrected then. It still looks busier then the past few days and RSR FP return times are already into the evening (as they usually seem to be by this time - I was there during the d23 week last August and they ran out around 12-1pm each day, so Iā€™m basing off of that). It might not be as busy as it was last weekend, but itā€™s also not the ghost town some were thinking it was going to be this weekend.

A 45 minute wait for RSR on a Saturday at midday is pretty much a ghost town at Disneyland. Yeah, itā€™s busier than Wednesday, but those are pretty low crowds. Saturdays are always nuts at DLP, and theyā€™ve been HORRIBLE since ROTR opened.

Crowds are light today, Saturday IMHO. Not ā€œghost-townā€ but the walkways are not full of people and wait times arenā€™t bad, FP return times are almost immediate for some attractions. Food lines, especially breakfast are noticeabley increased now with ROTR.

I was going to start a new thread, but this seems like an appropriate place to ask given some of the comments. if not the mod can split this off.

what is currently happening at the resort? pretty much business as usual or business as usual with a lot of hand sanitzer stations around?

They do have lots of sanitizer stations around.

Saturdays are always nuts at DL

Saturdays have actually been my favorite day to go for several years. Itā€™s the day that passes get blocked the most and therefore manageable crowds. Obviously there are exceptions to this... This Saturday definitely has noticeably less people than our last two ROTR Saturday attempts (opening weekend of Rise and Presidentā€™s Day weekend).

The rest of the week we didnt want to deal with the ridiculous morning crowds so we went late morning. 2 of the days we were still able to get boarding groups and ride the ride in the evenings. It worked out great.

Amazing how that has shifted. Going late morning would have been unthinkable to us. Now, on a multi-day trip I totally get it. Maybe I will sleep in for once on vacation! Congrats on your trip this week.

Saturdays have actually been my favorite day to go for several years. Itā€™s the day that passes get blocked the most and therefore manageable crowds. Obviously there are exceptions to this... This Saturday definitely has noticeably less people than our last two ROTR Saturday attempts (opening weekend of Rise and Presidentā€™s Day weekend).

True.... summer Saturdays in 2019 were pretty decent. Iā€™m thinking about fall, holidays, and post ROTR. Itā€™s been really really busy on Saturdays, it seems. Will be interesting to see what happens next weekend with the start of SB!

DCA is much busier than DL. Should have stayed there. Arrived at 1030 am after driving in from Phoenix

Yeah, we went Thursday and DLP was quiet and we went over to DCA about 4 and as we were leaving about 5:30, there was a definite uptick at DCA for the food and wine festival. Lots of adults.

True.... summer Saturdays in 2019 were pretty decent. Iā€™m thinking about fall, holidays, and post ROTR. Itā€™s been really really busy on Saturdays, it seems. Will be interesting to see what happens next weekend with the start of SB!
Summer Saturdays were a piece of cake compared to fall lol. Fall is crazy. Holiday is crazy but a fun crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter