Atlantis vs Baha Mar Excursion?

Polynesian27

Mouseketeer
Hi All, so in full disclosure I have never been on a Disney Cruise or any cruise for that matter. My wife has finally convinced me to do a 3-day on the Wish. We travel to Disney world 2-3 times a year and consider ourselves experts except for DCL and really need your help! We were looking at all the excursions for the Nassau stop and thought the kids would really enjoy the water parks at either Atlantis or Baha Mar. Our kids are 10, 7, and 4. Could anyone point us towards which resort we should pick to spend the day? Also, I watched one YouTube video where a couple strongly recommended not using the transportation setup through Disney as they waited almost two hours from the time they left the ship until making it to Atlantis which is only 5 minutes away!! Can anyone speak to this, is it really that bad with lots of waiting around and confusion in the bus pickup area? Is it better to book the water parks directly through Atlantis or Baha Mar and figure out your own transportation? Is it safe? Please help lol! More questions to come I promise!!

I bought a day pass for Atlantis Aquaventure directly from the Atlantis website this past October. It's easy to get there. When you disembark the ship on Nassau, there is a taxi dispatch area parked outside, and you tell the dispatcher you want to go to Atlantis. You'll wait a few minutes until enough people are gathered for a shared taxi ride, and you pay cash for your family's share of the ride. Going back to the ship from Atlantis is the same thing: there is an organized dispatch area right outside Atlantis. It's easy.

You need pictures of your vaccine cards on your phone to show them at Atlantis. When I was there in October, they were not letting people use lockers, so I kept my phone and money in a waterproof lanyard around my neck. They might be allowing use of the lockers again by now, but just a heads-up to look into that.

Atlantis is stunning and has lots of great slides, pools, a fast lazy river and a beautiful beach. Here's a link to the Atlantis day of my October cruise trip report, which has some nice pics of Atlantis:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...s-magic-getaway-cruise.3858291/#post-63499710

I bought a day pass for Atlantis Aquaventure directly from the Atlantis website this past October. It's easy to get there. When you disembark the ship on Nassau, there is a taxi dispatch area parked outside, and you tell the dispatcher you want to go to Atlantis. You'll wait a few minutes until enough people are gathered for a shared taxi ride, and you pay cash for your family's share of the ride. Going back to the ship from Atlantis is the same thing: there is an organized dispatch area right outside Atlantis. It's easy.

You need pictures of your vaccine cards on your phone to show them at Atlantis. When I was there in October, they were not letting people use lockers, so I kept my phone and money in a waterproof lanyard around my neck. They might be allowing use of the lockers again by now, but just a heads-up to look into that.

Atlantis is stunning and has lots of great slides, pools, a fast lazy river and a beautiful beach. Here's a link to the Atlantis day of my October cruise trip report, which has some nice pics of Atlantis:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...s-magic-getaway-cruise.3858291/#post-63499710
Thank you so much! Do you know if Atlantis requires proof of vacation for a 4 year old?

Thank you so much! Do you know if Atlantis requires proof of vacation for a 4 year old?
I didn't bring a child so I don't know. You'll have to check their website. I also don't know if DCL allows 4 year-olds to go to port without being part of a ship excursion. They didn't used to allow that, but maybe they do now? I don't travel with a small child, so someone else will know that info.

I didn't bring a child so I don't know. You'll have to check their website. I also don't know if DCL allows 4 year-olds to go to port without being part of a ship excursion. They didn't used to allow that, but maybe they do now? I don't travel with a small child, so someone else will know that info.
They changed that requirement in April or May 2022

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter