Atlantis Aquaventure - Minimum Age?

eroq20

Earning My Ears
Hi, we’re (2 adults, 6-year old and 1-year old) booked on the Wish in November in a Concierge suite. We submitted requests last week and just received the following message from Concierge:
  • Regrettably we are unable to request the Atlantis Aquaventure (N-25) or a Private Cabana at Atlantis (N-65) for your party because Atlantis has limited these experiences to guests age 5 and up.
I find this hard to believe. I understand that the baby won’t be able to do the slides, etc., but I can’t image that we wouldn’t even be allowed to enter Aquaventure or use a cabana just because we have a baby with us? Would 1 of us have to stay behind (and find something else to do) with the baby and the other go to Aquaventure with the 6-year old? Anyone have first hand experience bringing babies to Aquaventure? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Have you tried contacting Atlantis directly and asking them? It is possible that Disney has it wrong. If you can have Atlantis email you saying that the children are allowed, then show that to DCL. It could have something to do with the transportation also and not really Atlantis.

Have you tried contacting Atlantis directly and asking them? It is possible that Disney has it wrong. If you can have Atlantis email you saying that the children are allowed, then show that to DCL. It could have something to do with the transportation also and not really Atlantis.
Good idea, I just emailed Atlantis, thanks!

It's also possible that booking through DCL has a minimum age requirement. If so, you can make plans on your own to go to Aquaventure. Sometimes excursions through DCL have a different age limit than the vendor, due to DCL's liability and they won't waiver on it.

I just looked up the Aquaventure website last week because we (eventually) want to take my son but want to wait until he's able to do the slides. The only restriction I saw was that you needed to be 48 inches to ride all the slides. Nothing about age.

I did also search on DCL's website and it looks like their excursion is limited to ages 5 and up. https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/nassau-bahamas-atlantis-aquaventure/

Edit to add: when you try to book a day pass to Atlantis, it says ages 4 and up.

1657108873583.png

Oh my…I’m curious now too. We are booked on the Wish for 3-nights on 7/29, and I also have a one-year old (plus an eight-year old). This is our first cruise, so I assumed that there was no admission fee for small children (i.e. theme parks - no admission fee for two and under) when I was unable to select my one-year old when booking the Aquaventure through DCL. It allowed me to select and book everyone else except my one-year old.

I also booked a cabana and additional excursions for my eight-year old directly through Atlantis’ site, since DCL wasn’t offering it. The cabana alone is $900, so I’ll definitely reach out to Atlantis today to confirm.

So glad I saw this post. Thanks for posting and any updates will be super appreciated!

You will need to confirm with DCL if you are booked through DCL and plan to use the provided transportation.
Thank you for your response! I confirmed with Atlantis through online chat that there is no age limit for Aquaventure and that I may bring my one-year-old, and I emailed DCL and waiting to hear back from them.

I know the N25 was previously to all ages, as I found a similar question posted on PlanDisney from Feb. 2020 and it stated it was for all ages, which unfortunately is no longer the case. Hopefully DCL will change it back to allow 4 and under like before, so I won't have to cancel, book the day passes directly through Atlantis, and figure out the transportation upon arrival. Since this is our first cruise, navigating our own transportation makes me a little nervous and would prefer to just have everything through DCL!

Thank you for your response! I confirmed with Atlantis through online chat that there is no age limit for Aquaventure and that I may bring my one-year-old, and I emailed DCL and waiting to hear back from them.

I know the N25 was previously to all ages, as I found a similar question posted on PlanDisney from Feb. 2020 and it stated it was for all ages, which unfortunately is no longer the case. Hopefully DCL will change it back to allow 4 and under like before, so I won't have to cancel, book the day passes directly through Atlantis, and figure out the transportation upon arrival. Since this is our first cruise, navigating our own transportation makes me a little nervous and would prefer to just have everything through DCL!
I suspect that Disney put the 5+ requirement in place because of Covid-19 restrictions in the Bahamas and from the CDC, especially the rule that unvaccinated kids were only allowed off the ship for closed, guided excursions They probably just didn't get around to changing it back now that most of those restrictions are gone.

Update:
I suspect that Disney put the 5+ requirement in place because of Covid-19 restrictions in the Bahamas and from the CDC, especially the rule that unvaccinated kids were only allowed off the ship for closed, guided excursions They probably just didn't get around to changing it back now that most of those restrictions are gone.
Update: This has now been changed back to an all-ages excursion.

Update:

Update: This has now been changed back to an all-ages excursion.
How were you able to take your infant? We want to book the same excursion for June, but the box to check my baby is not available. Do we just take him with us because he is free? I do see on Atlantis website that 3 and under is free.

We’ve been twice, the first time took just the 9 and 11 year olds because there isn’t much for those under 48” to do, the next time brought the littles who were 10 and 12 by then. If you are just using the little slides/pools with little ones I’d choose another day pass.

We’ve been twice, the first time took just the 9 and 11 year olds because there isn’t much for those under 48” to do, the next time brought the littles who were 10 and 12 by then. If you are just using the little slides/pools with little ones I’d choose another day pass.
There's no height requirement for the river system at Atlantis..I've been riding it with my children since they were toddlers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter