Atlanta layover question

CdnDisneyFan

<font color=FF0033>Tigger, he is oh so cute!<br><f
I have an upcoming flight June 1, with a 2 hour layover in Atlanta, and was wondering if it would be worth it to make the trek from my southwest arrival gate, to five guys at gate c41 for takeout breakfast and back in time to make my connection? My flight arrives 8:55 am and my connecting flight leaves 10:55 am.

Thanks in advance!

That's sort of impossible to answer. Can you do it. Sure. That's enough time, even in that enormous airport. But whether its "worth it" is a personal decision. For me, five guys isn't worth walking across the street. but if you really like it, then go for it!

Yes you could do that. And seeing how you're doing enough sitting while on the flight I think being up and moving when on the ground is fabulous

Now, for their breakfast? I just don't know. What do they have that's Earth shattering enough to go?
I'd be getting me some Chick-fil-A breakfast

Now, for their breakfast? I just don't know. What do they have that's Earth shattering enough to go?
A full menu, plus you can swap the burger for eggs. It's actually quite tasty to get an egg sandwich with A1 sauce and caramelized onions, though I wouldn't trek across the terminal for it.

Now a Chicago hot dog when I fly through ORD, that I do.

Its plenty of time to get to anyplace within the ATL terminal.

Do you have the Five Guys app? You can "order ahead" through it, but don't know if an airport location would be "participating location" so to speak. It might save you a some time waiting in line.

I almost always fly SW out of ATL. I have never seen a super long line at 5 Guys in Concourse C. Chik Fil A yes, but not 5 Guys. If your flying SW with a 2 hour stop in ATL you will have plenty of time.

Yeah, preorder, if they offer it, helpful at Chickfila. Not needed at Five Guys. Guess it's not high on the breakfast priority list

Keep in mind that with Southwest, you'll want to be at your next gate 30 minutes prior to the flight time. This is when they begin boarding, so unless you don't care where you sit, you'll want to be there at the start of boarding so you board in your correct position. I've found this particularly important at an airport like Atlanta that often has carry-over passengers already on board, so I'm not boarding an empty plane.

So to answer the question - I would play it by ear. If you arrive early or on time, I'd like 30 minutes should be enough time to get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter