At which DVC resort do people party the most?

We had a great time out on the patio area at OKW this past trip. Very fun interactions with guests and cast members and the live entertainment was great.

I think most people are exhausted from rope drop and walking around parks all day that there’s not much partying going on at the resorts. But I do agree that the crescent lake resorts would be the most active just due to the proximity to Epcot and all the liquor that flows there.

I'm not sure about partying but I love to go to Stormalong bay in the afternoon and watch the lifeguards dance the Cupid Shuffle and watch the volleyball games. Really relaxing. Makes me forget there are any problems in the world.

Well once it was on the slide at Stormalong Bay. I was practising my speed in a pike position and all I could smell was beer. Huh?

Four UK boys going for a beer run. :laughing: a sight to see.

-----------

Time of year is everything, more than any resort. At one point I went at Christmas a couple of years and then off season. It took me a bit to understand why it was so hard to find something open.

Honestly, the Value resorts are the most lively. And it makes me wonder about the Coronado having a ton of conferences.

SSR has late hours a walk or boat ride away.

Any place works, had great time at the Cove bar at BLT on Christmas Day 2015,, Reindeer punch i believe. my memory is foggy that Christmas EVE

I had my Bachelorette party memorial day weekend in Disney and we stayed at Copper Creek. We definitely partied lol. But we would have partied at any of the resorts. The first night we drank around the monorail resort loop and the second day we went to EPCOT. I booked copper creek because I own there and booked early. If I was booking anywhere and wanting to party I would either do beach or boardwalk, for walking distance to Epcot, or Poly or Bay Lake to drink around thr monorail.

Edit to add: BWV used to be busy at night. In a good way. But when they removed the live entertainment, they virtually killed it. ESPN not opening back up yet isn't helping either at this point. #MissedOpportunities
We stayed at Boardwalk Inn in December 2021 and Beach Club Villas in November 2022 and enjoyed live Boardwalk entertainment both times! Magicians, acapella groups, jugglers, etc. My kid loved it. I feel like the Boardwalk was super lively in the evenings - it was nice to get some ice cream or a drink and watch the performers, pop into the shops, etc.

It’s hard to find a bar open past 11pm unless you go to Disney Springs. Even then it is limited

In my experience Aulani on the weekends is the worst! I make plans to avoid the pool area those days. The first time I went in 2014 I couldn't believe the locals arriving early Saturday morning with carts of supplies. I get wanting to take advantage of your full day at the resort, but the amount of booze surprised me.

We stayed at Boardwalk Inn in December 2021 and Beach Club Villas in November 2022 and enjoyed live Boardwalk entertainment both times! Magicians, acapella groups, jugglers, etc. My kid loved it. I feel like the Boardwalk was super lively in the evenings - it was nice to get some ice cream or a drink and watch the performers, pop into the shops, etc.
Just back from a week at Boardwalk. While ESPN is a big loss (especially for our 30-something sons who are big sports fans) we found the Boardwalk to be active every night. The games, boardwalk performers and yes, especially Jellyrolls (piano bar) where we spent an evening after dinner at Flying Fish (we left around midnight and the place was still hopping on a Monday night - it’s open til 2am!).

I think most people are exhausted from rope drop and walking around parks all day that there’s not much partying going on at the resorts. But I do agree that the crescent lake resorts would be the most active just due to the proximity to Epcot and all the liquor that flows there.
True, on all accounts. They roll up the sidewalks quite early there

I’d like to think that those who do drink around the world help to subsidize prices in WDW. Thank you for your service;)

a disney resort is the last place I’m going to drink heavily on a vacation. Can easily do that @ Universal for less $, an A-I resort or cruise ship...or one of WDW’s nearby Millers restaurants, where you see many who work in the industry letting loose & getting a solid pour for little $

As the day wears on, Epcot is so often chock-full of sloppy :drinking:, or, as those of us who used to work in the industry would say: amateur hour. Not judging, Salute! To each their own, at least it’s usually easy enough to identify from a distance via the drinking around the world shirts.

It has to be AKV. You have Animals. Just add the Party. A resort full of Party Animals!!
:rotfl2:in truth, I find it to be among the most sedate of those we visit often. Although the bar in the mezzanine above Boma has skilled bartenders. A nice refuge from the day’s bustle.

Trader Sams has gotten just a bit too popular, can be work trying to get a seat there. Always wondered why they didn’t expand the size by taking over the nearby patio area

BWV‘s boardwalk area can be so much fun for all ages in the evening. We appreciate staying there &, after a long park day, enjoying a few cocktail/beers on our balcony and then milling around watching the buskers & the vibe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter