At what age can I stop the party bags?

Kallison

<font color=red>I'm a lab adorer<br><font color=na
DS is celebrating 12th birthday tomorrow with a screening of Austin Powers with a few of his friends. He gave me no ideas for party bags and I'm kind of stumped. Is he old enough where we don't need to do it? I'm buying them candy, popcorn, soda, pizza afterwards.

My 13 yr old DD and her friends still do them but my 13 yr old DS and his friends do not.

Most people around here stop them at around 11-12 for girls, and around 8-9 for boys. Mostly because it's really hard to come up with stuff for boys that isn't either junk or expensive. I think you are doing enough for them without the goody bags. The original purpose of the goody bag was intended for small children who couldn't understand why THEY weren't getting presents anyway, right !!!

We didn't do goody bags this year with DS. He turned 12.

Good point Jeafl - I never thought about what the purpose was before - lol! Thanks for the replies everyone. Crossing party bags off to-do list.

I must be dense today but I could NOT figure out what this was about before I read it! I was thinking that someone might know a way to get rid of those bags you get under your eyes the day after too many beers or margaritas!!! DUH!!!!:D :D :D

I don't think that goody bags are needed if you are already buying snacks at the movie.

lets see... I'm 52 so maybe give me until I'm 55. I need time to prepare myself for missing them.

d.kurz..that is what I thought it was about too :rolleyes: LOL! Glad I was not the only one ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter