At WDW for ds's 4th bday...

nikkimc

Earning My Ears
Is there any way to have a birthday party of some sort for DS at WDW (MK?)? Doesn't have to be anything BIG...just some sort of a bday surprise, with the characters?

How does a person go about "meeting" the characters?

Hi Nikkima, I am not sure about a birthday party or that sort of thing, but you can arrange a birthday surprise at a Character Meal, which you would reseve in advance. YOu can get your DS a button to wear for the whole trip that says something like, "Birthday Boy" or " I'm Four" or along that lines. You get the button from Guest Services in the parks. But check with your resort, if you stay on property. We got our "First Trip" buttons at the hotel, without even asking for them!

As for meeting the characters, the best way is the Character Meals, so you are guaranteed to meet certain ones. Like a meal at Crystal Palace means you meet Winnie, Tigger, Eeyore etc... We had lunch there and it was great! Breakfast at Ohana, at the Poly was wonderful and it was to meet Lilo and Stich, but Mickey and Pluto were there to!

You can always check out the Disney website for the schedule of when and were the other characters will be in the parks for a certain day. This will help you plan your day.

Hope this helps and have a super time!!

Suz

I agree with OP about getting the birthday button from guest services. My kids had some of the best memories because of those little pins! Several times CM's took us to the head of lines, we got a free pic on RnRC and security (bag check) made an announcement and had folks going through the line stop and sing HB to DD. I'm sure you'd get some special TLC at a character meal if your DS was wearing a birthday pin. Have fun with it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter