At the park now, FP+ lines are snaking through the park

What about those without a smart phone, how do they do it in 15 seconds.

Hail down a CM with an Ipad, or find an unused kiosk. You can do this any time before the end of the day even after your FP windows has closed. Using a CM has the advantage of possibly getting pixie dust that you can't get on the phone. pixiedust:

Forgive my economic ignorance. It seems to me, that if you spend (avg.) 30 mins at a kiosk to pick your 3 FP+, then you're spending time in long lines at the ride itself (whether it is stand-by or FP), you don't have time to meander around the shops or take time for a sit down restaurant.

Just wondering.:scratchin

Hail down a CM with an Ipad, or find an unused kiosk. You can do this any time before the end of the day even after your FP windows has closed. Using a CM has the advantage of possibly getting pixie dust that you can't get on the phone. pixiedust:

In 15 seconds, don't think so.

Forgive my economic ignorance. It seems to me, that if you spend (avg.) 30 mins at a kiosk to pick your 3 FP+, then you're spending time in long lines at the ride itself (whether it is stand-by or FP), you don't have time to meander around the shops or take time for a sit down restaurant.

Just wondering.:scratchin
Hey, watch that logic stuff. That doesn't always go over well here. ;)

Just passing along my experience today (Saturday) at Epcot:

Test Track: got in line with two people in front of me at FP+ checkpoint one so no line outside at all. Walked straight through to FP+ checkpoint two where there were 6 people in front of me. Total wait time from first getting in line until scanning band at checkpoint two - under two minutes. Stand by wait time was 50 minutes.

Soarin': got in line with no one in front of me at checkpoint one. Line stopped with about 20 people or so in front of me. Waited a few minutes to scan band at checkpoint two. Total wait time from getting in line until scanning band at checkpoint two - 5 minutes. Stand by wait time was 70 minutes.

Mission Space: no one scanning in front of me at either checkpoint so total wait time was under a minute. Posted wait time was 20 minutes but this was probably inflated as line seemed closer to about 10 minutes.

In total walked in to Epcot at 1:30, had lunch at Boulangerie, rode three rides, bought Mickey ears, and walked out by 4:35 to head back to Resort.

This is how RFID security works across this country, and if they have to go back to cards until they can figure out how to get enough range from a "magic" band, then that is an easy fix. EASY.

Readers do not pick up every card within 10 feet, but they can pick up a card within 6 inches. Easily. Without swapping out the scanners.

Or...they could just go back to paper fast passes, even if they linked it to Magic Bands or cards. Grabbing a piece of paper will always be much faster than those kiosks, and having a CM eyeball that piece of paper will always be faster than the scanners.

Of course, that would make too much sense. Why do it the old fashioned, low tech way, when you can overspend on clunky high tech that slows things down?

Test Track: got in line with two people in front of me at FP+ checkpoint one so no line outside at all. Walked straight through to FP+ checkpoint two where there were 6 people in front of me. Total wait time from first getting in line until scanning band at checkpoint two - under two minutes. Stand by wait time was 50 minutes.

Soarin': got in line with no one in front of me at checkpoint one. Line stopped with about 20 people or so in front of me. Waited a few minutes to scan band at checkpoint two. Total wait time from getting in line until scanning band at checkpoint two - 5 minutes. Stand by wait time was 70 minutes.

Mission Space: no one scanning in front of me at either checkpoint so total wait time was under a minute. Posted wait time was 20 minutes but this was probably inflated as line seemed closer to about 10 minutes.

In total walked in to Epcot at 1:30, had lunch at Boulangerie, rode three rides, bought Mickey ears, and walked out by 4:35 to head back to Resort.

Nice!:thumbsup2

How did you get FP+ for both TT and Soarin'? Is Epcot doing away with the tiering?? I sure hope so!!!

Apparently there was a glitch that allowed people to be able to schedule them both. It has since been fixed.
I would have loved that too, but for those who weren't able to take advantage of that glitch they were waiting for either 50 or 70 minutes to ride one of them. Not much to love about that.

Ahhhh the glitch. Started getting all excited there for a minute! Hoping for one of those glitches when it's time to book the fastpasses for our August trip. :)

THE GLITCH!!!! Sure wish we'd get one of those when we make our selections in 40 days!

Apparently there was a glitch that allowed people to be able to schedule them both. It has since been fixed.
I would have loved that too, but for those who weren't able to take advantage of that glitch they were waiting for either 50 or 70 minutes to ride one of them. Not much to love about that.

Yes I was lucky with the glitch but getting there at 1:35 with FP- I would probably only have been able to FP one (if any at all) since by 3:35ish it would be likely the other one would have run out. Therefore, I would have had to stand in one line with FP- as well. Also, there is no way that the FP- I would have obtained at 1:35 would have been for a return time that would accommodate the fact that I only had 3 hours at the park. So in my particular circumstances today, with FP- I may have had to stand in BOTH lines or skip them both.

Today was our first day so I'll post our other experiences in case anyone finds them useful.

Yes I was lucky with the glitch but getting there at 1:35 with FP- I would probably only have been able to FP one (if any at all) since by 3:35ish it would be likely the other one would have run out. Therefore, I would have had to stand in one line with FP- as well. Also, there is no way that the FP- I would have obtained at 1:35 would have been for a return time that would accommodate the fact that I only had 3 hours at the park. So in my particular circumstances today, with FP- I may have had to stand in BOTH lines or skip them both.

Today was our first day so I'll post our other experiences in case anyone finds them useful.

That is definitely a demographic that would be served well with the "plus". As long as hopping isn't involved.

Just passing along my experience today (Saturday) at Epcot: Test Track: got in line with two people in front of me at FP+ checkpoint one so no line outside at all. Walked straight through to FP+ checkpoint two where there were 6 people in front of me. Total wait time from first getting in line until scanning band at checkpoint two - under two minutes. Stand by wait time was 50 minutes. Soarin': got in line with no one in front of me at checkpoint one. Line stopped with about 20 people or so in front of me. Waited a few minutes to scan band at checkpoint two. Total wait time from getting in line until scanning band at checkpoint two - 5 minutes. Stand by wait time was 70 minutes. Mission Space: no one scanning in front of me at either checkpoint so total wait time was under a minute. Posted wait time was 20 minutes but this was probably inflated as line seemed closer to about 10 minutes. In total walked in to Epcot at 1:30, had lunch at Boulangerie, rode three rides, bought Mickey ears, and walked out by 4:35 to head back to Resort.

Wow, what a horribly short day. I assume you are a pass holder, or don't have to worry about a budget.

Since only half the people at Epcot can choose either ride, i wouldn't expect too long of FP+ lines, really. Especially a random February weekend.

-Jason

Yes I was lucky with the glitch but getting there at 1:35 with FP- I would probably only have been able to FP one (if any at all) since by 3:35ish it would be likely the other one would have run out. Therefore, I would have had to stand in one line with FP- as well. Also, there is no way that the FP- I would have obtained at 1:35 would have been for a return time that would accommodate the fact that I only had 3 hours at the park. So in my particular circumstances today, with FP- I may have had to stand in BOTH lines or skip them both. Today was our first day so I'll post our other experiences in case anyone finds them useful.

Epcot used to run out of Fastpasses at 3 pm in February?

Jason

Originally Posted by BuckeyeBama
This is how RFID security works across this country, and if they have to go back to cards until they can figure out how to get enough range from a "magic" band, then that is an easy fix. EASY.

Readers do not pick up every card within 10 feet, but they can pick up a card within 6 inches. Easily. Without swapping out the scanners.

Ah, but they would lose their true end game- the long range transmitter in the MB, wouldn't they?

That's what really ticks me off. This is all about THEIR agenda and their endless greed, at the expense of the guest experience. If the guest experience starts to suffer, in their pursuit of another x% of profit, guess which one will always be thrown overboard?

How long can they keep pushing relentlessly for more profits, pretending to put the quality of our vacations first, before they start killing the goose that laid the golden egg? How long before they really anger us and have a serious backlash on their hands?

I've been saying this all along. Disney is a corporation whose #1, #2 and #3 goals is to make as much money as they can. And as long as they can hoodwink people into ponying up their cash, regardless of how much the park experience has deteriorated, they will be doing their job for their stockholders.

They don't care about you as an individual guest, only about the bottom line. So if you're inclined to put up with this and keep returning to be slapped in the face over and over again, Disney will be delighted.

Sadly, there used to be a time when they made tons of profits BY caring about you as an individual guest.

This is where they just don't "get it". They think bean counting, spreadsheets, data mining and cynical manipulation of the public is the way to go. If they cared passionately about creating the greatest possible product, they would reach a level of long-term success that they can only imagine today. All they have to do is invest whatever it takes to create the most amazing attractions, and people will come from all over the world to experience them. It's that simple. Didn't Universal prove it, with WWOHP?

The WDC's future is far from assured. It may be a monolith now, but things can change. Today's empire could be tomorrow's rubble; history has shown that time and again. 20 or 30 years from now (or sooner?), the growing backlash could well have given the company's rivals the opening they need to leave Disney in the dust. When all you care about is the almighty dollar, you end up making a lot less dollars. Will they ever learn that lesson?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter