At the Fort now...

Paulaparm

DIS Veteran
...and LOVING it! We got here Monday around 11. 1300 Loop. Site is great. Got in no problem. Rented a golf cart from an outside source, but it was already here so we didn't have to go out to get it. Got everything set up and had dinner at Trail's End. It was great! Ate there for breakfast yesterday, also great. Headed to MK for the first time now on the boat:)
Cannot tell you how happy we are with camping here!

Glad to hear you're having such a good time. I was worried going into our trip in early January with all the negativity on the board. Turned out to be pretty amazing. Great site. Great park experiences. Great campground experiences. We even loved the Genie experience. Going back next year for 12 days after having such a great time.

I love camping, and I love the Fort, but I do not love the idea of towing 1,200 miles down I-95 with three kids, so instead I'll live vicariously through folks like you. Enjoy!
I get it :)
We are about the same distance but avoid 95 until Georgia (I think). It was a very easy drive. We stay over a night on the way.
And it's just the 2 of us :)

I've stayed at the Cabins a dozen times and I still can't remember if we can get a bus to MK at Outpost? We usually take an internal bus to Settlement and take the boat, but someone in our group wants to ride the bus to MK.

Bus goes from settlement to MK , this was asded for covid. It was running that way in november. it was faster then the boat and empty in the am. So best to ask if its still running, and hopefully the staff is up to speed by now.

I've stayed at the Cabins a dozen times and I still can't remember if we can get a bus to MK at Outpost? We usually take an internal bus to Settlement and take the boat, but someone in our group wants to ride the bus to MK.

No MK bus from Outpost. Internal bus to Settlement Bus Depot, pick up MK express bus there. It's been only a single bus running that MK route so if you miss it then it's another 15-20 minutes till it returns. There's no second bus on the route (or wasn't).

I love camping, and I love the Fort, but I do not love the idea of towing 1,200 miles down I-95 with three kids, so instead I'll live vicariously through folks like you. Enjoy!
I would hazard a guess be in Eastern PA , Northern NJ, or Southern NY. Being in Central DE it is a 1000 mile trek for us. When we stayed in Cabins ( Those trips were just wife and myself ) we did push it and go straight thru once and next time added an extra day.
With our class A , I am the driver and our trip to takes place in Mid Dec so I like to be stopped for the night by 4pm for set up purposes. As my wife and I over 65 and our 2 dogs are 6 we try and stop around every 2 hours to stretch our legs and Potty calls. So we now do our trip over 3 days We have places that work very well for us and our average travel day is around 350 miles.
I recently helped my friend and his wife plan a trip down that involves 2 overnigts and a short 3rd day. As they are in their 30's with a 7 yr old son and believe that 400 miles a day not a problem for them. So everything is relative. How far are you willing to travel, What amenities at stops are important to you, How late are willing to travel, all things to consider.

We are right down the road in 1200.
We struggled with the thought of cancelling this portion of our trip to Florida but we were unable to find an alternate. Part of me wishes we had, its been 3 yrs since our last stay and I have to say I feel like the Fort is diminished since then. Its complicated and difficult to articulate but the mess that the new development has made and the fact that nothing is being done about it really bugs me. a 5 day schedule at P&J and trails end coupled with no HDDR takes away from the vibe. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the food trucks on Tues and Wed. Great food and a good value. The work on the marina dock removal is an eyesore. Its definitely WAY below Disney standards, its junky looking and no effort has been made to hide it, bad show on the part of the mouse.
Disney springs was still going strong but the new entrance security seems cobbled together and is hard to follow the first time. Another example of the bad show.
I realize that Disney has faced challenges but for over $200 per night for a campsite I have expectations, many of which arent currently being met.
Scott

We are right down the road in 1200.
We struggled with the thought of cancelling this portion of our trip to Florida but we were unable to find an alternate. Part of me wishes we had, its been 3 yrs since our last stay and I have to say I feel like the Fort is diminished since then. Its complicated and difficult to articulate but the mess that the new development has made and the fact that nothing is being done about it really bugs me. a 5 day schedule at P&J and trails end coupled with no HDDR takes away from the vibe. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the food trucks on Tues and Wed. Great food and a good value. The work on the marina dock removal is an eyesore. Its definitely WAY below Disney standards, its junky looking and no effort has been made to hide it, bad show on the part of the mouse.
Disney springs was still going strong but the new entrance security seems cobbled together and is hard to follow the first time. Another example of the bad show.
I realize that Disney has faced challenges but for over $200 per night for a campsite I have expectations, many of which arent currently being met.
Scott

Yes!!!!!! This is the reason we canceled our 2 week trip for January...the cost of the campsite coupled with gas prices...forget it! Can we afford it? Yes... will we ever pay 200 a night to camp? Nope. Especially when the campground we loved for the efficiency, amenities, and grounds have become sub-par

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter