At SSR - Just some observations

FinallyBoughtDVC

<font color=blue>That reminds me of the first time
We are having such a great time. Dinner at FF last night was fabulous.

1. Parks aren't crazy busy - we expected much worse for this time of the year.

2. Bus service to/from SSR - top notch.

3. Staff at SSR - fabulous, on the ball.

4. DDP - Wow - lots of food! First time we've done it. This is a MUST for a family with teenage boys. They will eat all the extra food nobody else can eat!!

5. Bathrooms in the parks - I've read other posts about this, and this is the first time I've experienced a downturn in cleanliness. I know that once in a while I'll stumble onto a stall that is gross - this trip, it seems that we have to check at least three stalls before we can find a clean one. Of course, it's the guests who are so disgusting in the first place - but it also seems like there isn't someone cleaning up very quickly either.

6. I didn't know that the Land ride no longer had a CM - I actually preferred it since the last few times we've ridden this ride we've had a CM with such a heavy accent we couldn't understand them anyway.

7. The Nemo ride at Living Seas - very cute.

8. Monsters Inc. was very funny - we did it twice.

9. Just a comment to the moronic woman sitting at the table next to us in the land - Number one - you're an idiot for leaving your purse on the chair while your daughters/granddaughters could do the hokey pokey & participate in the Land Band and Number Two - Clean off your table when you're done eating - if you want table service - PAY FOR IT! Uggh - frustrating. People have no class.

10. Funny thing about wait times posted: Test Track had a posted wait time of 70 minutes - we got some fruit and while we were eating it the wait time was lowered to 50 minutes. We decided to just ride it standby rather than FP it - as we walked toward it the wait time was lowered to 30 minutes. When we went through the queue we had ZERO wait. It was actually really funny.

11. Still love Soarin' - however, it seems like the film had some spots and a line running through it - it kind of took away from the experience. Anyone know when they're expecting the new film?

I'll update more later. Weather has been sensational. What a great time of year to come.

Off to AK!! :goodvibes

Hope that good weather keeps up and the parks stay reasonably quiet.................we're coming down Thursday morning (SSR)! :yay: :yay:

How is the air quality? There was talk about lots of smoke from fires and an air inversion over central Florida. :sad2:

Enjoy the rest of your trip, and thanks for the report!:thumbsup2

We are having such a great time. Dinner at FF last night was fabulous.

1. Parks aren't crazy busy - we expected much worse for this time of the year.

2. Bus service to/from SSR - top notch.

3. Staff at SSR - fabulous, on the ball.

4. DDP - Wow - lots of food! First time we've done it. This is a MUST for a family with teenage boys. They will eat all the extra food nobody else can eat!!

5. Bathrooms in the parks - I've read other posts about this, and this is the first time I've experienced a downturn in cleanliness. I know that once in a while I'll stumble onto a stall that is gross - this trip, it seems that we have to check at least three stalls before we can find a clean one. Of course, it's the guests who are so disgusting in the first place - but it also seems like there isn't someone cleaning up very quickly either.

6. I didn't know that the Land ride no longer had a CM - I actually preferred it since the last few times we've ridden this ride we've had a CM with such a heavy accent we couldn't understand them anyway.

7. The Nemo ride at Living Seas - very cute.

8. Monsters Inc. was very funny - we did it twice.

9. Just a comment to the moronic woman sitting at the table next to us in the land - Number one - you're an idiot for leaving your purse on the chair while your daughters/granddaughters could do the hokey pokey & participate in the Land Band and Number Two - Clean off your table when you're done eating - if you want table service - PAY FOR IT! Uggh - frustrating. People have no class.

10. Funny thing about wait times posted: Test Track had a posted wait time of 70 minutes - we got some fruit and while we were eating it the wait time was lowered to 50 minutes. We decided to just ride it standby rather than FP it - as we walked toward it the wait time was lowered to 30 minutes. When we went through the queue we had ZERO wait. It was actually really funny.

11. Still love Soarin' - however, it seems like the film had some spots and a line running through it - it kind of took away from the experience. Anyone know when they're expecting the new film?

I'll update more later. Weather has been sensational. What a great time of year to come.

Off to AK!! :goodvibes

We're heading down on Saturday, staying at VWL. I am just waiting for DH to compare the VWL buses to SSR(they were great even at Thanksgiving). :headache:

As for your #5, don't get me started on the bathroom issue, I see it at resturants and stores here at home also. Actually had a Bob Evans manager comment that at busy times(weekend mornings) they actually bring in an extra person to just check and clean the bathrooms on an hourly and as needed basis. Eventually we all end up paying for slobs(prices go up to cover the extra cleaning).

thank you for the report, sounds like you are having a great time. I have to ask, what this means??

I figured when you do CS meals you need to throw away your stuff when you are done(kind of like eating at McDonalds). We always do, but I see alot of people just leave the stuff on the tables, figuring some worker will come clean it off.

It kind of honks me off too.

Silly me, I didn't realize that they were at a CS. I was thinking that they were at a TS and maybe something had changed about cleaning up after yourself at a TS! Forget I asked!

Hope that good weather keeps up and the parks stay reasonably quiet.................we're coming down Thursday morning (SSR)! :yay: :yay:

How is the air quality? There was talk about lots of smoke from fires and an air inversion over central Florida. :sad2:

Enjoy the rest of your trip, and thanks for the report!:thumbsup2

When we checked in on Sunday - the air was thick with smoke. That night at MK - air quality was fantastic. Yesterday, as we arrived at Epcot we could smell smoke, but not very strong - didn't smell it for the rest of the day. It was muggy last night.

I have no idea what an air inversion is - so I can't comment on that.

Have a great trip! Oh, btw, we're not going to AK because EVERYONE IS STILL SLEEPING!! So - those of us who are awake are heading down to the pool and leaving the other boneheads (namely my son and a family friend) back here to sleep. We'll do AK tomorrow - Epcot tonight.

I live here in Orlando and the smoke was pretty bad on Sunday but the winds have shifted and you really can't smell it now. It is a bit hazy and starting to really warm up. I think it's getting up to around 89 today. Enjoy your stay! :)

thank you for the report, sounds like you are having a great time. I have to ask, what this means??

I meant that if you are going to use counter service - you should take your tray and all the stuff left on it and throw it away - clear your table. If you want to be waited on - go to a sit down restaurant and pay for it.

I just think it's so rude to leave trays with garbage on a table, especially when the garbage can was literally a table away.

She had two young kids with her, so she's setting an awful example as well.

Silly me, I didn't realize that they were at a CS. I was thinking that they were at a TS and maybe something had changed about cleaning up after yourself at a TS! Forget I asked!

I should have read ahead...

Sorry - I dont' think I had my daily quotient of coffee when I made my original post.

I'll write more later. I'm having a bunch of Margaritas with dinner tonight, so my nighttime post may be even more confusing :lmao: than my morning w/o enough coffee post :surfweb: .

5. Bathrooms in the parks - I've read other posts about this, and this is the first time I've experienced a downturn in cleanliness. I know that once in a while I'll stumble onto a stall that is gross - this trip, it seems that we have to check at least three stalls before we can find a clean one. Of course, it's the :goodvibes

Do you see the correlation here? :rotfl:

Glad you having a great time! We have friends at OKW this week; sounds like they picked a wonderful week to be there. Enjoy your stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter