At some point, would love to see Kevin and John go back to doing Restaurant Reviews

Briar Patch Home

Earning My Ears
Obviously with Covid, it may have to wait until there's a vaccine, but Kevin always did an excellent job and the segment added a whole lot of entertainment to the show. I know Disney Restaurants are expensive, so it doesn't have to be weekly, maybe a once a month segment. They could even take short videos of the experience. Would love to have seen a picture of the crab cake Kevin raved about.

Last edited:

Kevin and John have excellent taste. I have been campaigning for years to have them go back to restaurant reviews. They are so funny without being mean.

Can someone link the sad little crab cake review? It is an inside joke in our family as I order crab cakes when I see them on a menu.

I don't agree that they hated everything. I think the perception that John and Kevin "hated everything" came from their entertaining way of talking about the things they didn't like. I tend to remember the reviews that had me in stitches because of mishaps, rather than the "good" reviews.

First of all.... we didn’t hate everything. That’s silly and dismissive.
I could have stated it better; I don't remember seeing any restaurant review where you enjoyed much. I'm sure you do, but the things you don't enjoy, at least to me, tend to be the primary focus of the review. It seems like that's what people like best about the reviews, though.

I realize that much of that is just your senses of humor.

We stated that everyone make their own opinion.
And I did. And I posted it above.

Please continue to make the videos and posts that you want to make!

Not me. They never seem to enjoy anything. Everything is the 'worse ever' experience.

With the prices Disney charges for food, their service and food quality should be held to a higher standard. Food critics by nature are supposed to have discriminating palates. That's why people pay attention to them, besides the fact that Kevin and John's presentations are normally very entertaining. Kevin and John know that honesty means everything and bad reviews for the sake of entertainment would come across disingenuous and their reputation as good reviewers would go out the window.

Last edited:
I liked Kevin and John's reviews they were honest. Not everything at Disney is fabulous. Plus the reviews were more hilarious when the restaurant was bad. Shutters aka SHUDDERS, The Cinderella royal Table( My lard) were hysterical. And quite on point for quality of the restaurant

When J&K did their restaurant reviews they were always careful to point out that it was based on their personal experience and likes/dislikes. They always recommended that people go themselves rather than relying on other people's opinions.

While we may think we know these people by virtue of watching them weekly for years, its really hard to judge how their taste matches your own. Having said that, we have found that K&J's opinions do match ours fairly well. So yes, I'd love for them to resume dining reviews.

I use their reviews to choose places to go. I've only seen their reviews of Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, Liberty Tree Tavern, and 'Ohana. All of which they hated. I've been to Coral Reef once and enjoyed it. I'm in the minority and have enjoyed San Angel Inn both times I've bone. LTT is one of our favorite restaurants on property. And I've never been to 'Ohana but my wife and son loved it. So the more they hate a restaurant, the more I want to go try it.
I'm only halfway kidding, ha.

I really, really miss their reviews! They were informative, entertaining, and enjoyable to listen to! In fact, there have been quite a few occasions when I've gone back into the Archives to listened to some of their older reviews. I did this quite a bit throughout the closure actually. Their Wonderland review earlier this year reminded how much I enjoyed their reviews.

I understanding right now dining out may not be a possibility, but when the situation subsides, I'd love to see them doing some restaurant reviews again! Even the off-property ones were very enjoyable, and thanks to @DisneyKevin and @WebmasterJohn, I discovered a few great Orlando area restaurants that I would have otherwise missed.

I love watching anything with J&K. They are truly happy with each other and it’s really nice to watch happy people. I always feel so much better after I watch their witty banter. My dogs also love it when the dogs are apart of the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter