At home Keratin treatment?

snapppyd

God is Great, Beer is Good and People are Crazy!
I've had the Brazilian Blowout in the past. I don't want to spend that kind of money again.

Has anyone here tried the Coppola at home treatment? I'm not sure how I would be able to flat iron the back of my hair properly.

I have seen some threads here about treatments, but didn't find any about doing it at home.

Thanks!

With my chronically wavy hair, I get keratin treatments about every 3-4 months. I haven't tried any of the at-home treatments, but I looked into them during Covid when my hair was driving me nuts. I texted my stylist and asked for his opinion. He said to be careful about the ingredients that could potentially damage my hair. I also thought it would be difficult to flat iron the back of my hair and didn't want the results to be uneven. I ended up finding a leave-in conditioner that contained keratin and using that until I could see my stylist. It helped to keep my hair a bit smoother, but I ended up just doing a lot of ponytails during that time.

Brazilian blowouts are definitely more costly than salon keratin treatments. My stylist won't even do them because the fumes trigger his asthma. He offers two types of keratin treatments - regular and express. The regular is more costly and is supposed to last longer. You can't wash your hair for 3 days afterward. The express costs much less (he charges me $100 for it). You can wash your hair after 8 hours and it's supposed to last 6 weeks or more. The express treatments last longer for me since I've been getting them for so long and I have a good amount built up in my hair.

Have you looked into the cost for salon keratin treatments? You might find that they're a lot more affordable than Brazilian blowouts.

I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but I am a hair stylist. When it comes to straighteners, I would have a stylist complete the service for you. I have seen major hair issues from hair loss to hair breakage. It is just not worth the risk.

I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but I am a hair stylist. When it comes to straighteners, I would have a stylist complete the service for you. I have seen major hair issues from hair loss to hair breakage. It is just not worth the risk.

I wrecked my hair with at home straightening over time, so much so I had to pretty much cut it all off and stop fighting Mother Nature! Now I embrace the fro, and my hair is sooooo much happier.

Two or three times a year I blow my hair out and use a iron on it and love how it looks, but I know it's not sustainable (for me) sadly.

@seven dwarfs
Any chance you could explain the difference(s) between Brazilian Blowout and the different Keratin treatments?
Brazilian blowout is a 'brand name' of a straightener. There are many different brand names on the market now. I have taken many classes to learn to use several different products using keratin. Keratin seems all fancy and good, but it is a chemical relaxer. It can't overlap and should be used by a professional. It is not worth the risk in my opinion to try and apply it yourself. They try to make it seem like its a good thing and conditioning. It is not a conditioner and I would not try and do it on myself.

Brazilian blowout is a 'brand name' of a straightener. There are many different brand names on the market now. I have taken many classes to learn to use several different products using keratin. Keratin seems all fancy and good, but it is a chemical relaxer. It can't overlap and should be used by a professional. It is not worth the risk in my opinion to try and apply it yourself. They try to make it seem like its a good thing and conditioning. It is not a conditioner and I would not try and do it on myself.
Thank you! I definitely won’t be doing it on myself.

I’m wondering which keratin treatment is considered the best or are they all similar?
Which should I look for at a salon?

Thanks for any information.

Thank you for the responses! I definitely will not try this at home. Also looking into a new flat iron.

I got an express keratin treatment. I'm sorry I didn't get the Brazilian again. First they quoted $150 including hair trim, they charged me $240. Said it might last 4 weeks. The Brazilians I have gotten in the past were $275 and last 4 months.

Also had to wait 3 days to wash my hair.

Whoa! That's quite a difference, why didn't they honor the quoted price? Did you pay it?
I did because I liked the person who did it. They did say "starting" at $150, but I didn't expect it to be that much. My hair is about shoulder length.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter