• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At DHS, what would you...

solfan68

DIS Veteran
So tomorrow our Fastpass window opens for our Hollywood Studios day. We've been to DHS before, but its been a couple of years. What is your "go to" Tier 1 pass in fall of 2019, and why ? Looking forward to exploring Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge for the first time.

Everything except Star tours is tier 1 anyways which suck. I'd try to get sdd first which I was unsuccessful at and if not then try to get in line at the end of night right before closing or rd it

Looking at the wait times, you can guess which tier 1 rides are getting a lot of FPs and which ones people aren't using their Tier 1 on.

SDD is the hardest to get, so if that interests you, then go for it. My gf and I were very meh on riding it (it looks fun, don't get me wrong, but just doesn't appeal much to me), so we used our Tier 1 as RnRc. TSMM is fun too but again not as much my cup of tea. We timed it so that we can hit up ToT once or twice before going next door for RnRc.

The bigger problem with DHS is the Tier 2 selections. We got Star Tours and didn't make a third FP. That way, once I use RnRc I can snag a Tier 1 at Epcot (where we're going after DHS) as my third FP.

Everything except Star tours is tier 1 anyways which suck. I'd try to get sdd first which I was unsuccessful at and if not then try to get in line at the end of night right before closing or rd it

Yeah, I get RnR or Slinky as Tier 1... But why on earth is ASwS a Tier 1? Granted, haven't tried it yet... But it seems like more of a Tier 2 at first glance.

Yeah, I get RnR or Slinky as Tier 1... But why on earth is ASwS a Tier 1? Granted, haven't tried it yet... But it seems like more of a Tier 2 at first glance.

They did it that way in an attempt to spread out the expected influx of crowds they expected for GE, which is why "Star Tours" is put in Tier 2. It's essentially "Well, if we can't do GE rides, at least we have a star wars ride here" consolation.

If you want to ride SDD, then that is the priority. It seems to be the most difficult one to get.
If you don't want to do SDD, then TSMM, RnRC ot ToT are all good options.
As mentioned, all the other rides except Star Tours are also tier 1, so it really limits your choices.

AS2 is fun, but not a tier 1 ride. Most of the time it has had a short line when we have been on it.

We do TSM as our tier 1, but my husband's not into coasters ( so RRRC is out ) and we usually can get into ToT in the afternoon pretty easily.

Yup. It's the most in demand. TSMM has a much higher rider capacity, so the standby lines don't get as bad. We were also able to get TSMM as a 4th fastpass a couple weeks ago and saw standby lines as low as 15 minutes at night and earlier in the morning (around 9am with a 6am EMH opening).

TSMM was walk on for us at park close in March.

So SDD had no availability this morning (kind of expected that). Ended up going with RnR, which we enjoy. I'll keep an eye on it as we get closer. May just have to do standby for both Slinky, and the Falcon. Regardless, we're pretty excited to seeing the new additions at the Studios !

So SDD had no availability this morning (kind of expected that). Ended up going with RnR, which we enjoy. I'll keep an eye on it as we get closer. May just have to do standby for both Slinky, and the Falcon. Regardless, we're pretty excited to seeing the new additions at the Studios !

Yeah, I couldn't get a FP for SDD on my FP day. However, I managed to modify one of my FP's a few days later to SDD. So keep checking (I keep hoping to modify a KJS fp to morning).

You were right to try for SDD because I let my fast pass go and was never able to get it again on our trip. If you don't get it, then just try to do EMH if you can and head there directly. We got into the park early (6:40 for a 6:00 open) and my ex-husband and daughter wanted to do TOT first and my son and I did TSMM and by the time that was done (and took maybe 15 minutes), SDD was a 40 minute wait. We never did do it, but I know we could have if we planned accordingly.

Also if you don't care about going together, several have single rider lines that help.

Also Star Tours - not sure if it was just our trip or not, but that was virtually a walk on our entire time. The group never had a fast pass and never had more than a 15 minute wait posted. I just checked the app for fun and right now most of the toy story land rides are about an hour wait, and TOT is 50 minutes and Star Tours is still 15 minutes. So who knows, but that was our experience too (we were there last week).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter