ASMU or Courtyard DD?

dmask

Mouseketeer
Planning a 3nt trip in Jan on a budget. My choices are ASMU $49 or Courtyard DD $59. I have never stayed at ASMU, but have stayed at the Courtyard before. 2 adults/no kids. All advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S.

Any idea when Pop Century will open?

I'm one the biggest on-site advocates around. But, I'd have to say for 2 adults I might recommend the Courtyard for that great rate. You'll be close to Downtown Disney and the many dining options it has to offer.

The All Star resorts can feel very hectic at times and kids abound (yes, it is WDW and kids are everywhere but I've noticed this more at this resort). You'll find the rooms to be bigger and closer in amenities to the Disney Moderate or Deluxe resorts. I took this off the site:

Guest Room Amenities
Direct dial phones with voice mail
Data ports on phone
High-speed Internet access
Cable/satellite TV
All-news channel
In-room movies
In-room Nintendo
Complimentary in-room coffee
Newspaper delivered (Mon-Fri)
Iron and ironing board
Hairdryer
Individual climate control
AM/FM radio alarm clock
In-room safe
Cribs available
Nonsmoking and accessible rooms available

Facilities & Services
Sports & Recreation

Guest Services Desk
Courtyard Cafe and Grille, serving breakfast and dinner daily
Room service
Coffee shop
Lounge
Laundry valet
Self service laundry facilities
Disney Gift shop/newsstand
Fax, copying
Safe deposit box at front desk
Rental car desk: Dollar
Two outdoor heated swimming pools
Children's outdoor heated pool and play area
Game room
Exercise room
Whirlpool
Jogging
Tennis (0.5mi)
Golfing: Walt Disney World® (99 holes of golf at Magnolia, Palm, Lake Buena Vista), Nick Faldo Golf Institute

This is just my opinion so I certainly don't want to discourage from the All Star. Good luck with your decision!

I have stayed at the Courtyard and at ASMo and Sports.
I would try the AS. We did the movies last year in Jan and it was very quiet. I feel the AS has a lot to offer for a quick trip. Bus service is excellent, food is great and so convenient. You do get a pool bar, disney store, wonderful CM's and mousekeeping. The couryard is just a hotel, but AS has more magic-can't explain it!

PS-actually we stayed at the Movies two months after the courtyard and we just enjoyed onsite so much more!

I would pick the All Stars. I was at a seminar in Sept that was held at Courtyard by Marriott. I stayed at ASMu and went to the Courtyard everyday for the seminar, many people at the seminar that were staying at the Courtyard were very unhappy with their rooms and were getting no where when they complained to the front desk, I was very glad that I was staying at ASMu.

Personally, I like the Courtyard Marriott better. The rooms are much bigger, there are 2 sinks, it is quieter, there is a full service restaurant, and lounge, and the glass elevators in the lobby are fantastic. The staff there is wonderful, as well.

I can't believe I am saying I would rather stay off property, but with those choices, I really have to! Also, you will be within walking distance of DTD, which is quite nice, and you can also walk to Crossroads where there are other restaurants, shops, etc. We found Courtyard to be very convenient to everything!

Are you going to have a car? This makes a big difference, as the transportation from the DTD hotels to the parks is no where near as good as Disney transportation provided for onsite guests.

HMMMM its beginning to sound like Courtyard may be the way to go. We are undecided about renting a car as of yet. Do the DD hotels give you early entry into the parks?

Thanks for your responses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter