• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Asking to see a room while not a guest

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
I dont know if this is a ridiculous question...but we have only stayed in studios but have a 2 bedroom booked for December at OKW for our extended family. We are headed down in 2 weeks but not staying at OKW. Do you think that they would let us see a 2 bedroom if we were to stop by and ask? If we showed them our DVC member ID? Thoughts?

I remember when we first bought at AKV....we went to the resort and went to the DVC desk and asked to see the rooms. We had stayed ay AKL before so we knew what they looked like, but we wanted to see the rooms at Kidani. We did not have an issue, but I believe they may have still been Model rooms....I cannot be sure about OKW....but if you don't ask you don't get ;)

Usually not a problem, as long as they have a room that is clean and vacant. Just let them know you are DVC and will be staying later in the year.

Even though OKW is a DVC resort, it is run by Disney Resorts, a different business unit who really doesn't care what you do with DVC.

If they have a clean room and a runner available to take you to it for a look, that really isn't their job.

You may be met with open arms or you may get the brush off. Doesn't hurt to ask.

:earsboy: Bill

Ask at the DVC desk at the resort where you want to see a room. I've been successful at AKV, VGF, and BLT, but DVD seems to maintain a model at each of those. At SSR, they have a Grand Villa available. I don't know if they keep anything available at OKW, but it would be DVC's job to show you, not the front desk.

We ask for and got a tour of a 3 bedroom Grand Villa at AK when we were trying to decide where to stay on our next trip. The only thing that was ask of us was not to take any pictures with the cast member in them..smjj

Did the same at AKL grand villa... Kinda funny... Room was spotless, but there was a half eaten apple left behind a chair. I saw it and before I could say anything, the young lady showing us the room quickly picked it up and played it off. If I hadn't noticed it before, I wouldn't have know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter