Asking for us to keep our friend, Catzeyes, in our prayers again...

Dan Murphy

We are family.
As many of you are aware, both from several of my earlier posts this year, as well as from Catzeyes (Kathryn) herself, she has had a tough go of it in the very recent past. Both from some of my words with her back then, as well as all of our collective good thoughts, and most importantly, prayers, Kath did get on with her life, wanting to live, rather than the alternative, that which prompted her to reach out to me in the first place.

Among several things which had made Kath so very despondent earlier in the year, (and there were several, but we are only dealing with one here) was a severe heart problem, which had necessitated a multiple heart-bypass operation late last year. As with most heart operations of the like, medication, usually for life, goes with it. For some reason, the medications are not effective with Kath, and, after reviewing with several top cardiologists, it appears a heart transplant is the route to go. Well, that IS big time folks.

Kath is all up (as best as can be expected) to go along with the necessary operation, given the alternative, but is really concerned, and very much down again, with the so-called 'odds' as put forth by the doctors, honest though they are.

Kathryn said that the long term success rate of heart transplants is around 60%, but the bummer is the number of folks who get the transplant in time, about 20%, agreeably, a rather low number, mostly due to low donor levels.

Now......I have talked with Kath some about this, her being down and all, and I suggested that she come to our DIS family for its wonderful support structure we can give people, through both good words and thoughts, and so importantly, prayer. Kath has always been a bit more 'reserved' than me, dealing one-on-one a bit better than I do with groups. (I guess I tend to jabber a bit, LOL). She was hesitant to again ask us all for help, so I asked her if she would allow me to come to us all and again ask for what we do so well here on the DIS.....H E L P.

So that's it, that's the story, Kath has some tough days ahead, and could use our support. She has gone full circle, from not wanting to live, to very much wanting to live. Kath, you know you have mine and you know that of all the DIS.

Thanks guys, Kathryn is most appreciative.

PS: Kath's best friend sent this to her in an email...are you a donor???

<center>TO REMEMBER ME

The day will come when my body will lie upon a white sheet neatly tucked under four corners of a mattress located in a hospital busily occupied with the living and the dying.

At a certain moment, a doctor will determine that my brain has ceased to function and that, for all intents and purposes, my life has stopped.

When that happens, do not attempt to instill artificial life into my body by the use of a machine, and don't call this my death bed. Let this be called the bed of life, and let my body be taken from it to help others lead fuller lives.

Give my sight to the man who has never seen a sunrise, a baby's face or love in the eyes of a woman.

Give my heart to a person whose own heart has caused nothing but endless days of pain.

Give my blood to the teenager who was pulled from the wreckage of his car, so that he might live to see his grandchildren play.

Give my kidneys to one who depends on a machine to exist.

Take my bones, every muscle, every fiber and nerve in my body and find a way to make a crippled child walk.

Explore every corner of my brain. Take my cells, if necessary, and let them grow so that someday a speechless boy will shout at the crack of a bat and a deaf girl will hear the sound of rain against her window.

Burn what is left of me and scatter the ashes to the winds to help the flowers grow.

If you must bury something, let it be my faults, my weaknesses and all prejudice against my fellow man.

If by chance you wish to remember me, do it with a kind deed or a word to someone who needs you. If you do all I have asked, I will live forever.

Robert N. Test</center>

Kathryn,

We are here if you need us. You definitely have my prayers and support. Daddy had a kidney transplant several years ago and the difference it made for him was astounding. He did not hold out much hope of ever being a recipient but God had other plans for him. Please feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

Kathryn, Please know that all my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know you are going through a tough time, but please do not lose your faith in prayer. Many prayers and God's Will is why I still have my precious Savannah(Dan can tell you about her heart problems). Even though the dr's were giving us no hope, I never lost my trust in God and people everywhere were praying for her. Please know that people everywhere are praying for you too. Never hesitate to ask your DIS family for help. This is a wonderful bunch of folks to be associated with. If there is anything you need, please let us know. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I am sending lots of pixie dust your way!;)

Thanks for letting us know this Dan.
Kathryn,
I didn't know of your problem and myself, DW, Pam, and DD, Elly, will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. If you need anything, just PM me, and we'll be sure to help you out in the best way we can.
Big V (Scott)

Kathryn, I wish I had 2 hearts so I could give you one. I hope you get the medical help you need real soon. Take care of yourself. {{hugs}}

Sometimes life seem more then we can bare. We all care, our prayers are with you through this tough ordeal.

Almost 7 years ago my DH was in a terrible car accident he was not suppose to live. He proved the doctors wrong. Two years later he had surgery things did not go as planned, again his life hung by a thread. Again he proved the doctors wrong. He went through a tough winter severe depression. He is back to work, feeling lots of pains, very tired but happy.

I understand how serious this is. With strenght from God you can win this battle and we are all there to help you along the way.

Kathryn, my prayers are with you and your family. I know this won't be easy, but I'm praying that you'll get a heart soon and that everything will go as smoothly as possible.

Sending good thoughts, tons of prayers and PD through this difficult time.

Sending good thoughts, prayers and tons of pixie dust your way.

Thanks for posting that wonderful poem Dan. It brought tears to my eyes. I will say a prayer for Kathryn and for her caregivers that they may discover a way to ease her pain and give her new life. Like browneyes, I wish that I had a spare heart that I could give to you Kathryn.

My wife and I have discussed organ donation on many occasions. Before we were married, my driver's license carried instructions that made it clear that I wanted to be an organ donor. After we were married, I felt that it was no longer my decision alone. I wasn't certain that Sue would be able to deal with the aspect of organ donation on top of my death. As we have been married now for close to 17 years, I think that it's time to reconsider my decision. I think that the words of this poem drive that point home. Thanks to this post, I will talk with Sue about organ donation.

Kathryn, you are in my prayers. I pray you get the help you need. You are not alone. There are many people praying for you!
(((((HUGS)))))

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I too wish I had a spare heart to give you. {{{HUGS}}}

Kath is in my prayers, and sending Pixie Dust that way. We're here for you, Kath!

F O O T P R I N T S
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.
“Lord, You said that once I decided to follow You, You’d walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints.
I don’t understand why when I needed You most You would
leave me.”
The Lord replied, “My son, My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I
carried you.”
Author Unknown

Kathryn,
I'm glad to hear that you want to live. That is a BIG step in the right direction. I love the story about the footprints in the sand and I included it for a reason. God gives us strength to deal with whatever comes our way. If you are feeling unable to shoulder the burden, His strength will carry you through. You are not alone!

You continue to be in my prayers. I hope that a donor will be found soon. Yes, I am an organ donor and so are the members of my family. Thank you for bringing this to the attention of other DISers. Think of all the good you can do in this world. :D

I'm sure your friends on the DIS will be pulling for you every step of the way. Don't be afraid to share with us how you are feeling. We want to be able to help you.

Kathryn, I wish you strength in the coming months. Your courage is inspiring to me. ***HUGS***

You are defintely in my thought Catzeyes!

I am a donor! {{{hugs}}} Olena is right you are truly insipiring.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Kathryn.

Thank you Dan, for letting us know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter