Asking for lots of good thoughts tomorrow

Promomx2

DIS Veteran
DD married a marine this past Jan and he is stationed at Cherrypoint in N.C. Right after the wedding they found out he is going to recruiter's school, he is currently there in Sand Diego. DD found out she's pregnant about a month ago with my first grandchild. Tomorrow dsil finds out where they will be stationed and we're hoping it's not far from where we live, Va. So we could take all the good thoughts and prayers that they get somewhere near us.

Congratulations Gma to be and welcome to the love and joy of the Grandparents club!! :cloud9:
Sending positive thoughts and prayers all goes well with your DD's pregnancy and baby, your SIL's schooling, and they will be stationed somewhere near you. :hug:

Having 6 grands local and 7 grands out of state, I know how difficult it can be. However, thankfully with the modern technology of computers, web cams, etc., it's leaps and bounds better than it was :). We were invited to our sweet grands sonostream live cross country w/o even leaving our computer!! We were thrilled to be included :lovestruc!! Good luck and Godspeed ^i^

Okay we found out. Dd is being sent to northwest Pennsylvania. DD is not too happy being that her due date is Feb 2 and she does not like cold and snow. But I keep telling her it could be worst. It is driving distance for us.

Aw I'm sorry it didn't work out as you hoped. I married a US Marine 3 months ago, and we're living in Quantico, Virginia. The amazing thing is that we're both from this area, so we're close to family, and to have him assigned here for (we think) the next 3 years is beyond belief. I do know that it won't be like this forever, and I'm pressured to have a baby as soon as possible so that at least my husband will be here. After his assignment here is over, he'll be going somewhere as needed without me (and possible baby), so I have to get used to the idea.

I pray for you and your family, and especially for the precious baby on the way. However difficult it is being away from her and the new grandchild, and difficult for your daughter to stand the cole in PA, the baby will bring joy to all of you to cheer you up when you're feeling down. :hug:

At least it's not Iraq or Afghanistan.
I understand the fighting in northwest Pennsylvania is mostly between Steelers fans.

Best regards to your family,
Harold

The good thing is the area he's being sent to is where he grew up so they do have some friends there. DD is getting used to the idea. I think it's just the move and having to change doctors in the beginning of her pregnancy is what's got her alittle uneasy. But I keep telling her it could be worst. He's already been to Iraq twice. One of his buddies just was sent to Japan. We adore our new sil even though he is a huge steeler fan. It has made for interesting football season around here. Dd was a cowboy fan, now she's both. Dh is diehard cowboys, my ds is a redskin. So I remain neutral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter