Asian Disneylands always get the best stuff?

old lady

DIS Veteran
Why do Asian Disney parks have the best merchandise, water attractions, hotels, rides, and guest experience than other parks?

**edited myself to not get banned**

Oh and Tokyo is not owned by Disney. Shanghai and Hong Kong are pretty equal in merchandise, rides, hotels and guest experience I thought during my visit.

They have an edge in more modern rides, because their parks are younger. If Disney World was build now, you can bet they would have the Pirates of the Caribbean ride in Shanghai.

Tokyo is outrageously eccentric, people use the park solely for photo opportunities, wait 8 hours for a parade or meet Mickey and then go home.

...They have an edge in more modern rides, because their parks are younger....

I think this is the key point.

I'm going to focus mostly on rides/attractions here. Hotels and water parks aren't a priority to me.

The parks in China are much newer and therefore, Disney had been able to try different things. New kinds of attractions. Different spins on classic themes and characters, etc...
TDL, is about as old as Epcot and in many ways is more a replica of the American Parks than the two in China. some new experiences, but much is very similar to what we have.

Now all that said, different, doesn't always mean better. I still think DL itself is superior to all the other castle parks.
I'll take DL's POTC any day over the one in Shanghai. And even though it's a unique experience I'd love to try some day, I'd still take our HM over Hong Kong's Mystic Manor.

Additionally, the two Chinese parks seem very limited on the number of attractions they have. There is a lot of dead space in Shanghai, and HK is a very tiny park.
There is simply more to do inside the berm at DL compared to the other parks.

Lastly, I believe we have gotten plenty of newer experiences and top-quality attention in Anaheim from WDI in recent years.

SW:GE takes the best tech from all over the world and sets up a pretty cool attraction in Walt's original Park.
RSR is the best car simulation attraction of any park.
Plussing over the last decade has improved BTMRR & the Matterhorn significantly IMO.
I've mentioned it in another thread, but we have the most intricate and entertaining Railroad. The RR Bridge along the rivers of America especially is stunning.
M&M Runaway Railway is coming to ToonTown
Two words: Hatbox Ghost

So, yes. There are some inventive attractions and unique experiences in the Asian Parks, but I don't think I'd call them better. Just different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter