Asia You Say? A Tokyo/Shanghai/Hong Kong Disney TR!!-Updated 4/15x3!!

katt789

DIS Veteran
This is a celebration of smiles and joy!! Children of all ages, join your Disney friends on a merry go round journey of joy & wonders, there’s magic to the brim, so let your magic begin, SMILE, HAPPINESS IS HERE! Feel it draw you in, let the wonder take hold, ready to begin, your story waits to be told, better when you don’t know where its goin’, dive in with your heart wide open Let your precious memories light the way, you’re on a journey that’s only beginning; When your heart makes a wish, the worlds in your hands, this is where your dream begins, following the wishes in your heart, and it’s authentically Disney, distinctly Chinese!!

…okay…so….SOME of it’s distinctly Chinese, the other parts are Japanese…or from Hong Kong…..but it was ALL SO MAGICAL AND OUR DREAMS BEGAN, CAME TRUE FIVE MILLION TIMES and I STILL can’t believe that we got the chance to experience all of it!!!

Wait…you don’t even KNOW WHO WE ARE DO YOU?!?!

Well…that certainly is the most rude of me….I do believe introductions are in order!

Well, HI!! I’m Katt!!

13164189_10157092593065647_2791096828922124590_n.jpg

I’m you captain of this OH SO ADVENTROUS trip report, and have been circulating the Disboards for YEARS, with a minor vacation while I spent a year working for the mouse! I live in Vancouver, Canada, while working in the food & beverage industry. I love all things Disney, and all things performing! If the time isn’t too late, I would LOVE to perform for Disney! This love, led me to apply for the Canadian Cultural Representative Program, where I worked in food & beverage, mainly at Le Cellier inside the Canada pavilion in Epcot! While working this program, I found my literal soul mate & best friend; Kara!!

17038655_10158408640165360_6192049178458371699_o.jpg

She’s the exact same age as me, and lives about an hour outside of Vancouver working at a gym. We share a lot of the same interests as we both grew up dancing, she did acrobatics as well, and is an avid marathon runner! Kara’s also just like the greatest person ever, instant BFF’s!

During our cultural representative programs at WDW, Kara & I had made a couple of entertainment friends who, within a few short months of our program, ended up receiving contracts for Tokyo Disneyland! I hadn’t heard or researched much into these parks at that time, but that made me start to pay attention. Our original trip had us going right after our program in October 2015, hitting California on the way over, and hitting Paris, making it a true ROUND THE WORLD trip, BUT, life took its toll on us, and budgets had to be redone, and we started to plan for fall 2016 instead (which was a bonus since Shanghai would now be open too) A few months later we returned to WDW for the Princess Half Marathon, where our friend Abby asked us if she could join in on the China portion of our adventure.

11050281_10152657602362624_4823099247065243622_n.jpg

We met Abby down in Florida on the program as well; she had a huge love for rope drop, character greeting, watching 12 Trolley shows in one day, and she carries a personal supply of pixie dust around, she’s a great person to have around, which is probably a good thing considering we’re roomates too, bahaha!

So that’s us!! So we’ll get to the other W’s!!

When: October 3/2016 to November 14/2016

WhatA round the Asia Disney trip (we REALLY wanted to add Paris in, but it added on nearly $2000 in costs)

Where Well, obviously we COULD just do Disney, but Kara & I wanted to adventure, and there was SO much to explore in Asia, especially with a YEAR of planning, our final list looked like this:

-Tokyo

-Matsumoto

-Kanazawa

-Kyoto/Nara

-Hiroshima/Miyajima

-Beijing

-Shanghai

-Hong Kong

Accomodations

I covered a lot more of this in the PTR, and included a LOT of our planning process in there. Obviously, we would have stayed at Disney hotels everywhere if we had the money, BUT, those things are EXPENSIVE. We stayed mainly at Hostels, a few cheap hotels, a few AirBnB’s, and lastly the Hong Kong Hollywood Hotel. Things had been changed around a LOT during the planning stages, but it all worked out in the end!!

To say it was quite the feet was RIGHT, I have to say, I’m glad we had a year and a half to plan it, as it was QUITE the adventure!!! We were braving 3 new countries 4 parks in total, one that was COMPLETELY UNIQUE TO EVERYWHERE AROUDN THE WORLD, not to mention the language barrier!!

It certainly was meant to be an adventure, so I do hope you’ll stick around to see what happened!!!

NOW, I have the trip report going on the Oversea's Boards,but have noticed that some other people have their Asia trips posted here, and I thought maybe some more people would be interested who maybe don't venture to those boards, so click here to follow along on the adventures:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...orld-in-every-chapter-updated-4-15x3.3562192/

We vlogged the entire trip as well, and have split it into regions for the actual videos. So far, we have our Tokyo Disneyland, Shanghai Disneyland, and Hong Kong City vlogs completed! (two of us are having serious computer problems, the others will be up soon hopefully)

ALSO, because downloading friends photos to organize them and then reupload them to my personal flickr is A LOT OF WORK, I've been linking them off facebook, and I honestly have NO CLUE why half of them aren't showing up, I've tried to open them in a new tab and it says "url signature expired" so if anyone has any thoughts that'd be awesome! :) The pictures from the Disney updates are pretty good though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter