As the year winds down, a few thoughts I have said here before.... (and a couple grandkid pictures)

Dan Murphy

We are family.
In past years, as the then current year winds down, I have said similar to this. And it still seems to say my thoughts very well, so why change this year (a few tweaks here and there).....

Much has happened over the past year, for us, and for others here.

Here on the dis, there have been parents, children, family members and friends some of us have lost over this past year. :hug:'s For those dealing with aches, pains and more serious ailments, our prayers are with you for improvement over the coming year. And we certainly continue to miss the many who are no longer here on the dis, for many and various reasons. :( That sadness is tempered a bit as we welcomed new dis babies along the way, new dis brides and grooms, new dis members to this little loony, often dysfunctional place on the Net. This place has many shortcomings, for sure, but remains dear to me (sometimes I question that, :laughing:), and to many others, for various reasons. One of the big reasons (maybe the biggest) for me is the friendships I have made here over the past almost 19 years I've been here. However I do miss many though, some immensely. Of the many, many who are no longer here, I do keep in contact with a number of these great people. :goodvibes

On the personal front, we are still holding at 5 grandkids. Marie loves getting Delaney all the girlie stuff. She and her bothers, Keegan and Griffin, along with their two cousins, Natalie's Jeremy and Christopher, bring much joy and many smiles to both Marie and me. :cloud9:

Marie is a month short of the 20 year mark in remission from stage III breast cancer back in 1998. :cool1: We both are another year older which we both will gladly settle for at our ages. :hippie:

Last year at this time I said it had been 2 years since my last trip to the mothership there in Orlando, maybe 2017 would find us there again. :woohoo: Well, this past August, I did take Natalie and her two boys again, and had a super time. ::MickeyMo

As the year runs short of hours here, I would like to wish everyone here, and elsewhere, a very Happy, Healthy, Blessed and Good New Year. :hourglass

(In the past, I have said below, pretty much word for word)……

Many of us became friends over the years here, having met in this crazy world we call.....online; and have become cyber friends, buddies, online friends. And, many of us have, over time, actually met up in real life and became real-life friends, and sometimes, very good real-life friends. It is a nice community, in spite of many of its shortcomings. And Lord knows it has many.

Sure, there are arguments, name-calling, disagreements, what-have-you, but generally, in the end, friends. Hopefully, all can be friends in 2018, making for an even better community. Pixie dust maybe, but hey, who knows? It would be great to see many who no longer can be here to again share here. :grouphug:

I hear this song every year at this time, thought it had some good things to say, some true things. Yeah, it's by that sort of ancient cheesy group, ABBA :rockband:(I really do like some of their music and sound), but still, give a listen, read the lyrics, I found they can ring true......................

The Way Old Friends Do
(click for sound)

You and I can share the silence
Finding comfort together
The way old friends do
And after fights and words of violence
We make up with each other
The way old friends do
Times of joy and times of sorrow
We will always see it through
Oh I don't care what comes tomorrow
We can face it together
The way old friends do

You and I can share the silence
Finding comfort together
The way old friends do
And after fights and words of violence
We make up with each other
The way old friends do
Times of joy and times of sorrow
We will always see it through
Oh I don't care what comes tomorrow
We can face it together
The way old friends do

We can face it together
The way old friends do

--Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus

………..I like to think good things, good things that have been, good things that could be. :grouphug:

Anyway, enough of all that.............

Happy New Year, guys.

These thoughts still ring true.

Dan :wave:

PS: It is so nice to see those who have returned over this past 2017 year too, would love to see others in 2018. :wave2: I have that now almost twelve year old 'Oldtimers' thread I posted years back linked in my signature. It is always nice, real nice :cloud9:, to see folks who have been missing for months or years pop back to say hello. I smile when I see those people pop in for a hello, great memories. I wish others who can't would be able to. Some I dearly miss, very, very much. :( :hug:

Again, a very Healthy, Happy and Good New Year wish to everyone.

IMG951859_zpsqmq6jrab.jpg

20171225_144827_zpshcmug79t.jpg

I have never really commented on your posts but I agree some of the best friends I have made in the last 10 years have been because of these forums. I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year and congratulations on Marie reaching the 20 year mark next month. My dad is approaching 3 years and I am grateful for every second of those 3 years.

Happy New Year! Hope 2018 continues to keep you and Marie healthy. Congrats to Marie for nearly 20 years, what a milestone.

Always great to see you Dan! Those grandkids sure are growing up fast, I know you & Marie treasure your time with them. So many have come & gone here on the Dis. When those zombie threads get bumped up, sometimes I scroll through the pages and think "Wonder why they haven't posted for so long?" Some folks come by for vacation help, and some of us just never leave.;) Fingers crossed that this thread brings some familiar names back for a quick hello.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter