As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Ok so I did it! I changed again! We are now booked at BWV Standard View Studio! The little kitchenette sold me on the Villa side compared to the Inn side. Now the only thing that may change for our trip will be maybe adding the dining plan. I have quite a few character dinners scheduled and if we stay with what I have, we will save some money by adding it. 66 more days until we set foot at BWV!!!
Awesome!! Hang out over on the BWI thread, that Kook runs an awesome thread :) Such pretty pics, BlueSkies is headed down there today and she posts some awesome pics!

So, I don't think I ever checked in after our trip a couple of weeks ago. It was really fabulous!!! The cruise was wonderful and we fell in love with the GF.

Now, I am anxiously awaiting the ability to book next years' trip, which is supposed to be 10 nights Poly CL - BUT, I just had a flash of brilliance and I think I will turn that trip into 3 nights AKL CL, followed by 7 nights Poly CL!!! We will be going in August next year, and DS will be 2.5 yrs old and the pressure of us "outgrowing" the ability to stay at AKL is wearing on me...so I think it will be an AKL/Poly split stay!!! Now to convince DH that this is a brilliant idea, lol.

We did a lot of moving around on this past trip, from AoA to the Dream, to the GF, so he's looking forward to settling at one resort, but again...you can't question brilliance, right??? :goodvibes

Can I just say that this thread is awesome? :goodvibes

Usually with every trip, I go through some kind of mid-life-resort decision crisis... lol, and it's no different now!

Made the decision after years and years to finally try AKL and luckily was able to rent points for AKL Villas
Unfortunately, they didn't have availability for all the days we were staying, so... a surprise split stay.

I ended up booking Poly under room only, hoping that maybe I'll get a code between now and the end of Oct. :rotfl2: I love Poly.. it's familiar and it's a great resort. It's also on the monorail, which I like.. However.......

The kids and I have already been to the Poly and it might be good to try something new. I am also worried about staying there bringing up bad memories. Last time the kids and I went, it was with my ex husband. It was during the point that our marriage was almost completely fallen apart, but we were trying to hold the ends up together by sheer magic. It was a pleasant enough trip, but very sad. It was also the last real time that ex dh would actively spend with them. We ended up getting divorced shortly after, and last year he passed away from cancer.

We're already going during Oct, which is the time when we'd always used to go as a family (That was at my insistence. I love halloween). So, I am a little worried.

So. Do I stay with Poly and try to make better memories? Or do we try a different resort just to be on the safe side?

After going back and forth with DH about our trip in October, I told him last night that I was making the executive decision and that we were staying put at CSR for F&W.

I told him how I weighed all the pros and cons, how great it will be to have the business class lounge for breakfast and drinks/snacks in the evening and considering DD's graduation party which is coming up very soon is going to cost us a small fortune, that cost savings alone of staying at CSR made the most sense!
Yup, that's what I said and that's what I was sticking with. He's such a go with the flow kind of guy when it comes to vacations so he was like "okay, whatever you want". Yup, that's what I want I insisted!

Well, not even an hour after I made my proclamation, I was sitting on the couch on my IPad and he quickly asked me "Let me guess? Looking to see if anything opened up at one of the Epcot Resorts"? Dear God, he knows me soooo well :rolleyes1!!

So, I don't think I ever checked in after our trip a couple of weeks ago. It was really fabulous!!! The cruise was wonderful and we fell in love with the GF.

Now, I am anxiously awaiting the ability to book next years' trip, which is supposed to be 10 nights Poly CL - BUT, I just had a flash of brilliance and I think I will turn that trip into 3 nights AKL CL, followed by 7 nights Poly CL!!! We will be going in August next year, and DS will be 2.5 yrs old and the pressure of us "outgrowing" the ability to stay at AKL is wearing on me...so I think it will be an AKL/Poly split stay!!! Now to convince DH that this is a brilliant idea, lol.

We did a lot of moving around on this past trip, from AoA to the Dream, to the GF, so he's looking forward to settling at one resort, but again...you can't question brilliance, right??? :goodvibes
AKL CL is awesome, but a split stay is a tough sell. I can't even sell it to myself :/ We will be at Poly CL for 8 nights this summer, so I am hoping to give an excellent review. AKL CL has been getting mixed reviews, well all CL have for that matter (except BWI...just saying) Hopefully our 2017 dates will overlap!!! So glad you had a GRAND trip (and cruise).

Can I just say that this thread is awesome? :goodvibes

Usually with every trip, I go through some kind of mid-life-resort decision crisis... lol, and it's no different now!

Made the decision after years and years to finally try AKL and luckily was able to rent points for AKL Villas
Unfortunately, they didn't have availability for all the days we were staying, so... a surprise split stay.

I ended up booking Poly under room only, hoping that maybe I'll get a code between now and the end of Oct. :rotfl2: I love Poly.. it's familiar and it's a great resort. It's also on the monorail, which I like.. However.......

The kids and I have already been to the Poly and it might be good to try something new. I am also worried about staying there bringing up bad memories. Last time the kids and I went, it was with my ex husband. It was during the point that our marriage was almost completely fallen apart, but we were trying to hold the ends up together by sheer magic. It was a pleasant enough trip, but very sad. It was also the last real time that ex dh would actively spend with them. We ended up getting divorced shortly after, and last year he passed away from cancer.

We're already going during Oct, which is the time when we'd always used to go as a family (That was at my insistence. I love halloween). So, I am a little worried.

So. Do I stay with Poly and try to make better memories? Or do we try a different resort just to be on the safe side?
Have you thought about an Epcot resort? A little cheaper than Poly, and just as magical. I am not a monorail fan (yes I know I am staying t Poly) we love the boats!! Sorry for the loss of your ex, that can't be easy on any of you especially the kids. So I say go with a new resort. BC is newly refurbbed. BWI is my new CL fave. I think I'd have a hard time choosing between the two. YC will be undergoing refurb this fall so I probably would rule that one out. F&W will be in full force, and I love me some F&W!!! Happy planning! And WELCOME!

After going back and forth with DH about our trip in October, I told him last night that I was making the executive decision and that we were staying put at CSR for F&W.

I told him how I weighed all the pros and cons, how great it will be to have the business class lounge for breakfast and drinks/snacks in the evening and considering DD's graduation party which is coming up very soon is going to cost us a small fortune, that cost savings alone of staying at CSR made the most sense!
Yup, that's what I said and that's what I was sticking with. He's such a go with the flow kind of guy when it comes to vacations so he was like "okay, whatever you want". Yup, that's what I want I insisted!

Well, not even an hour after I made my proclamation, I was sitting on the couch on my IPad and he quickly asked me "Let me guess? Looking to see if anything opened up at one of the Epcot Resorts"? Dear God, he knows me soooo well :rolleyes1!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA we are long lost sistas!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you thought about an Epcot resort? A little cheaper than Poly, and just as magical. I am not a monorail fan (yes I know I am staying t Poly) we love the boats!! Sorry for the loss of your ex, that can't be easy on any of you especially the kids. So I say go with a new resort. BC is newly refurbbed. BWI is my new CL fave. I think I'd have a hard time choosing between the two. YC will be undergoing refurb this fall so I probably would rule that one out. F&W will be in full force, and I love me some F&W!!! Happy planning! And WELCOME!

A little. Is there an epcot resort you'd recommend over the other??

MK was our favorite park a few years back (it was my JAM!), but things may have changed with the kids since they are older. They might really like epcot or DHS. So hard to tell! If we were still staying on the monorail, I was thinking about maybe trying for GF. Never been there. I had a window to book it as room only pretty cheaply, but I went for the Poly instead, and I haven't really seen it again since!

I wanted to stay at WL, but with the refurbishments, decided against it. Also been kicking around BC? Which ever one that doesn't have the creepy clown pool. Ever since I saw "It" when I was 9, that ruined the entire clown thing for me. ...:jester:

Thank you.

Thankfully, it is a bit easier on the kids because he was out of their life well before the cancer. My daughter remembers bits and pieces that she's retold herself as the years went on, but my son has a bit stronger of a memory. A lot of the memories aren't awesome though. Luckily, they have a pretty awesome step-dad who makes them feel very loved. :love:

AKL CL is awesome, but a split stay is a tough sell. I can't even sell it to myself :/ We will be at Poly CL for 8 nights this summer, so I am hoping to give an excellent review. AKL CL has been getting mixed reviews, well all CL have for that matter (except BWI...just saying) Hopefully our 2017 dates will overlap!!! So glad you had a GRAND trip (and cruise).

HAHAHAHAHAHA we are long lost sistas!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, it's even hard to sell to myself!

I'm totally second guessing the whole idea. I mean, this is supposed to be it - we finally stay at the Poly! I am now thinking I want the experience from beginning to end all at the Poly....

A little. Is there an epcot resort you'd recommend over the other??

MK was our favorite park a few years back (it was my JAM!), but things may have changed with the kids since they are older. They might really like epcot or DHS. So hard to tell! If we were still staying on the monorail, I was thinking about maybe trying for GF. Never been there. I had a window to book it as room only pretty cheaply, but I went for the Poly instead, and I haven't really seen it again since!

I wanted to stay at WL, but with the refurbishments, decided against it. Also been kicking around BC? Which ever one that doesn't have the creepy clown pool. Ever since I saw "It" when I was 9, that ruined the entire clown thing for me. ...:jester:

Thank you.

Thankfully, it is a bit easier on the kids because he was out of their life well before the cancer. My daughter remembers bits and pieces that she's retold herself as the years went on, but my son has a bit stronger of a memory. A lot of the memories aren't awesome though. Luckily, they have a pretty awesome step-dad who makes them feel very loved. :love:
I LOVE the Grand!!! So if you want to stick with the MK side, you can't go wrong there. The BWI has the clown slide, it's really not creepy up close (I initially had the same reaction). BC is da bomb!! SAB, the pool complex...AH-mazing! YC has different décor but it's essentially the same resort as BC, they are doing room refurbs so it may be limited this fall.

Haha, it's even hard to sell to myself!

I'm totally second guessing the whole idea. I mean, this is supposed to be it - we finally stay at the Poly! I am now thinking I want the experience from beginning to end all at the Poly....
LOL I am looking forward to the Poly (today)

I LOVE the Grand!!! So if you want to stick with the MK side, you can't go wrong there. The BWI has the clown slide, it's really not creepy up close (I initially had the same reaction). BC is da bomb!! SAB, the pool complex...AH-mazing! YC has different décor but it's essentially the same resort as BC, they are doing room refurbs so it may be limited this fall.

LOL I am looking forward to the Poly (today)

Do you know if any of the villas have a 2 person tub? There was a 1 bedroom Villa at BC that popped up for about 10 minutes that looked to have a mega big tub. If it will fit my husband and I, I think I am def. gonna switch! lol.

Mini hot tub for the win.

Do you know if any of the villas have a 2 person tub? There was a 1 bedroom Villa at BC that popped up for about 10 minutes that looked to have a mega big tub. If it will fit my husband and I, I think I am def. gonna switch! lol.

Mini hot tub for the win.
They are currently remodeling the BCV's and removing those huge whirlpool tubs. They are replacing them with deep soaking tubs for one person.

Hi All! Haven't been here in FOREVER!!! Just stopping by to say hi. Next trip Oct/Nov 2016 ..... currently booked at CSR (CM discount) and Bonnet Creek but of course that is all subject to change. It's been a long time since I've stayed off site so we shall see. I got such a good rate at Bonnet Creek that I really couldn't refuse. I hope that with using Uber it'll all work out. Last Jan when we were there Uber worked out great especially with my crazy split stay ....

Now I'll be going back a few pages to play catch up.

Hi All! Haven't been here in FOREVER!!! Just stopping by to say hi. Next trip Oct/Nov 2016 ..... currently booked at CSR (CM discount) and Bonnet Creek but of course that is all subject to change. It's been a long time since I've stayed off site so we shall see. I got such a good rate at Bonnet Creek that I really couldn't refuse. I hope that with using Uber it'll all work out. Last Jan when we were there Uber worked out great especially with my crazy split stay ....

Now I'll be going back a few pages to play catch up.
:hug:

Our poor TA hates me I'm sure :) we've flipped from CBR to POFQ to RR at POR back to Caribbean. I really love the idea of POFQ because it's small but don't like the decor in the rooms, looks loke it needs a refurb when compared t CBR. But CBR is huge so I requested Jamaica or Aruba. Now I'm second guessing about switching back to POFQ I really like the extras it has but HATE the rooms, seriously. Help!

Our poor TA hates me I'm sure :) we've flipped from CBR to POFQ to RR at POR back to Caribbean. I really love the idea of POFQ because it's small but don't like the decor in the rooms, looks loke it needs a refurb when compared t CBR. But CBR is huge so I requested Jamaica or Aruba. Now I'm second guessing about switching back to POFQ I really like the extras it has but HATE the rooms, seriously. Help!

Mh. What do you hate about the PoFQ rooms? I think the french quarter and Riverside both look lovely! <3 There some really awesome pictures on the dis on those places!

How much time do you plan to spend on the outside of your resort? Eating/pool time/activities.. vs how much time you may want for "down time" inside your actual room?

Do you feel like you'll stay more on property? Or are you going to only come back to your hotel to rest your head?

If you're just going to lay down to sleep or you plan on a good portion of down time , I'd say pick the place where you like the room. If things like a theme pool or food options do it for it, I'd say pick the one with those.

Good luck!

Can anyone tell me if when you switch resorts from room only, they have to refund your entire balance to do it??

It's been so long since I did this. When I called today the CM told me that she'd have to refund all of my payment, I'd have to wait the 7-10 business days for it to go back on my Visa & GC before I could use it for the new room. Is this true? I don't remember it being like this before!!

She also informed me that the monorail during my dates is likely not to going to run on time or may experience some cancelation/delays.. and to be aware of other options to get to the parks.

Anyone heard of either of these things?

Mh. What do you hate about the PoFQ rooms? I think the french quarter and Riverside both look lovely! <3 There some really awesome pictures on the dis on those places!

How much time do you plan to spend on the outside of your resort? Eating/pool time/activities.. vs how much time you may want for "down time" inside your actual room?

Do you feel like you'll stay more on property? Or are you going to only come back to your hotel to rest your head?

If you're just going to lay down to sleep or you plan on a good portion of down time , I'd say pick the place where you like the room. If things like a theme pool or food options do it for it, I'd say pick the one with those.

Good luck!
I thought they kind of looked dated. I ended up switching to POFQ because the small size, boat DS and the "feel" seem more like what my family would enjoy. I figure as long as the room is clean and beds are comfy, it's fine

Can anyone tell me if when you switch resorts from room only, they have to refund your entire balance to do it??

It's been so long since I did this. When I called today the CM told me that she'd have to refund all of my payment, I'd have to wait the 7-10 business days for it to go back on my Visa & GC before I could use it for the new room. Is this true? I don't remember it being like this before!!
Yes,I believe that this is the standard procedure since the two reservation systems are different. We changed from a room only reservation to a package back in Jan 2013 and they refunded whatever we had paid for the room only and placed a new charge on our credit card for the package. I made the transaction during one billing cycle on my credit card, so it didn't make a big difference to me. And it only took about five days for the credit to appear in my credit card account.

I originally booked at the Boardwalk because that was all that I could get for our dates with the free dining offer. Then I found availability at YC which we love so I switched. Yesterday I was considering changing to the GF because we have never stayed there and my hubby is in love with it. This morning I was checking for BOG lunch reservations when I realized that there was actually a garden wing room available at the CR for our dates. Now I have reservations for YC and CR because I can't make up my mind. We are taking my teen and one of her BFFs, last time we did this the girls loved walking in and out of MK all the time. Plus the bigger room was great with 2 teenage girls and all their stuff. I asked my teen to help me pick and she also can't make up her mind between those two resorts

I originally booked at the Boardwalk because that was all that I could get for our dates with the free dining offer. Then I found availability at YC which we love so I switched. Yesterday I was considering changing to the GF because we have never stayed there and my hubby is in love with it. This morning I was checking for BOG lunch reservations when I realized that there was actually a garden wing room available at the CR for our dates. Now I have reservations for YC and CR because I can't make up my mind. We are taking my teen and one of her BFFs, last time we did this the girls loved walking in and out of MK all the time. Plus the bigger room was great with 2 teenage girls and all their stuff. I asked my teen to help me pick and she also can't make up her mind between those two resorts

Yay!
I think it depends. What park do you plan on spending the most time at? if MK is a fave, CR hands down. If epcot/HS then YC.
If they are both split.. Do you think the your teen and her BFF will want to spend any time at the pool? YC has one of the best and I think the highest water slide of any of the resorts! So that's a bonus.

I saw BC and YC villas open up this morning.. a 1 bedroom, no less. I am still torn if we should switch.. but that's based on the pool alone!!

Yay!
I think it depends. What park do you plan on spending the most time at? if MK is a fave, CR hands down. If epcot/HS then YC.
If they are both split.. Do you think the your teen and her BFF will want to spend any time at the pool? YC has one of the best and I think the highest water slide of any of the resorts! So that's a bonus.

I saw BC and YC villas open up this morning.. a 1 bedroom, no less. I am still torn if we should switch.. but that's based on the pool alone!!

Last time that we went and stayed at CR the girls spent almost no time at the pool but it is a pretty boring pool. They did walk in to MK by themselves all the time, they raced over after dinner at CG one night and went on Space Mountain a bunch of times in a row right before the park closed. My friends new BFF is hanging out with her today after their finals and I'm telling them to debate between the two resorts to help me decide. My hubby is going to kill me for booking two reservations at once but I couldn't pass up a garden wing room at CR, they are hardly ever available to book. I should probably get my hubby's opinion on the resorts too, he definitely liked YC a lot but I'm thinking that he might have actually preferred CR. He likes to nap at the pool and SAB is awfully chaotic.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter