As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Still having issues about whether to keep a reservation or book elsewhere. I have a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest one of the nights I'm there. There isn't any children on this trip and it's not a romantic type dinner being planned. Don't know whether to keep it or let it go and try for Kona Café at Polynesian Village. I love going to Polynesian for dinner (and besides it would give me a chance to have another Lapu Lapu (or perhaps something new at Trader Sam's should it be open) I have been to Be Our Guest for lunch a couple trips ago so I have eaten there before. I'm on the deluxe dining plan and have an annual pass. I can't make up my mind.

Still having issues about whether to keep a reservation or book elsewhere. I have a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest one of the nights I'm there. There isn't any children on this trip and it's not a romantic type dinner being planned. Don't know whether to keep it or let it go and try for Kona Café at Polynesian Village. I love going to Polynesian for dinner (and besides it would give me a chance to have another Lapu Lapu (or perhaps something new at Trader Sam's should it be open) I have been to Be Our Guest for lunch a couple trips ago so I have eaten there before. I'm on the deluxe dining plan and have an annual pass. I can't make up my mind.

When's your reservation? Still trying to snag a dinner ADR there because my daughter loves the Beast and that's the only place you can get a pic with him (and hug him). I really think they should have him somewhere else for a meet and greet too...

Ok so I read the first few pages and last few-I'm guessing it is normal then to second guess resort choices?:rotfl:
Have FW booked with an RV rental since last July(specifically to get back to Disney and experience SWW). Due to flights have a 1 night stay at CBR added to start of trip. Husband is now really into planning (after first planting the seed to go back, then casually planning to fullblown plane tickets and rental car booked) and is questioning staying in a "camper" (bad memories of "camping" in a really run down, hole in floor "camper"). I picked FW months ago based on resort reviews and that the kids would love it. BUT doing a split of 3 days CBR and 3 days at either BI or BC would be less expensive per night but higher in food costs (I was actually planning on cooking some). Yet the convenience of BI/BC to DHS is just calling out...
First onsite stay and with 3 kids (all tall-oldest DD is 6'1") not sure how we will fair in one room (seriously spoiled by offsite 2+bed/bath condos). I've almost decided to just go ahead and book CBR for longer...but keep swinging between BI and Beach Club...

Do you veteran Resort changers ever book multiple reservations until you decide for sure? Is that completely crazy?

And like a true resort changer I'm already wanting to change my resort. The day after DH and I booked POP we're already thinking of booking WL through the Labor Day deal with that travel agency. We're pretty sure we're going to switch to WL. DH is really liking it and the pictures he saw of the Mickey Waffles they have are helping him lean towards WL as well as the fact that they have a hot tub which the values don't. :rotfl:

Happy New Year RCers! :flower3:

No changes here. I am getting very excited about our upcoming AKL stay!:dance3:

Happy New Year Ginny :hug: been thinking of you!!!

pixar Have a magical trip!!!

No changes for me :goodvibes Busy busy busy, sorry for my absence! My DBIL arrives at WL CL tomorrow, SO EXCITED for him. The two of them have a deluxe room too funny :thumbsup2 Happy New Year everyone!!!!! Sorry I have no DIS time but I wanted to pop in and say hi and :grouphug: and a big :welcome: to the many new RCers!

Hi Pas....and lovely Ginny!! And hello to all RCers!! Sorry I too have been MIA :( But happy to report our upcoming trip late August!! Yacht Club / Poly CL split!!! whoot! Hoping to pop in here more over the coming months!

Hi Pas....and lovely Ginny!! And hello to all RCers!! Sorry I too have been MIA :( But happy to report our upcoming trip late August!! Yacht Club / Poly CL split!!! whoot! Hoping to pop in here more over the coming months!

Great split! Love it! I'm sure it's subject to change, though, right?

Do you veteran Resort changers ever book multiple reservations until you decide for sure? Is that completely crazy?

I'm not quite sure how to do that, and we just have one reservation at a time. Although our oldest son just asked about this two days ago, since we can't seem to commit for Easter Weekend.

And like a true resort changer I'm already wanting to change my resort. The day after DH and I booked POP we're already thinking of booking WL through the Labor Day deal with that travel agency. We're pretty sure we're going to switch to WL. DH is really liking it and the pictures he saw of the Mickey Waffles they have are helping him lean towards WL as well as the fact that they have a hot tub which the values don't. :rotfl:

Definitely WL!!!!!

I think I may have changed our Easter Weekend reservation more times than any other. Started at VWL, then my husband decided to head home after the beach so we could fit in a mod. Switched to CBR. Then decided to go deluxe and switched to CR garden wing. Then loved our Poly stay last month, so switched to Poly with passholder discount. Then considered all the continuing construction, and fear the pool will not be finished by then, so switched to CR Tower with passholder discount. I think that's it, but we'll see!

Hi, all,
Just a quick note to say that after lurking and reading all of your thread (and the previous one, too) I've finally joined the Dis. I just wanted to thank you for all the advice I picked up from following your thread as I went constantly back and forth in between Coronado Springs, POR and POFQ...It's been so nice to see that I'm not the only indecisive one here.
Welcome to the DIS!!! And our happy little home with all things changing!!!
Awwww, you should have PM'd me, I didn't see the post. We got to MK around 2:00ish. Darn :sad:. That woukd have been fun.
Hi Sue!!! How was your trip???

Ok so I read the first few pages and last few-I'm guessing it is normal then to second guess resort choices?:rotfl:
Have FW booked with an RV rental since last July(specifically to get back to Disney and experience SWW). Due to flights have a 1 night stay at CBR added to start of trip. Husband is now really into planning (after first planting the seed to go back, then casually planning to fullblown plane tickets and rental car booked) and is questioning staying in a "camper" (bad memories of "camping" in a really run down, hole in floor "camper"). I picked FW months ago based on resort reviews and that the kids would love it. BUT doing a split of 3 days CBR and 3 days at either BI or BC would be less expensive per night but higher in food costs (I was actually planning on cooking some). Yet the convenience of BI/BC to DHS is just calling out...
First onsite stay and with 3 kids (all tall-oldest DD is 6'1") not sure how we will fair in one room (seriously spoiled by offsite 2+bed/bath condos). I've almost decided to just go ahead and book CBR for longer...but keep swinging between BI and Beach Club...

Not crazy, I think they limit the onsite reservations (I think), but why not keep offsite just in case you change?? FW is very convenient to MK...

YAY happy to have you back here!!! So is it official, are you at WL now??

Ok so I have 4 different options sitting on my desk! I'm totally going with one of them.... I think lol
?? Which one??? :)

Girlfriend!! I figured I would stop in since my mind is at the Beach Club today instead of Poly :)

Great split! Love it! I'm sure it's subject to change, though, right?

I'm not quite sure how to do that, and we just have one reservation at a time. Although our oldest son just asked about this two days ago, since we can't seem to commit for Easter Weekend.

Definitely WL!!!!!

I think I may have changed our Easter Weekend reservation more times than any other. Started at VWL, then my husband decided to head home after the beach so we could fit in a mod. Switched to CBR. Then decided to go deluxe and switched to CR garden wing. Then loved our Poly stay last month, so switched to Poly with passholder discount. Then considered all the continuing construction, and fear the pool will not be finished by then, so switched to CR Tower with passholder discount. I think that's it, but we'll see!
You left Poly, hmmmmm what to do..LOL

Hi Jenny, Great to hear from you! :hug: I am looking forward to hearing more about your upcoming trip. Your split sounds wonderful! :dance3:

Girlfriend!! I figured I would stop in since my mind is at the Beach Club today instead of Poly :)

Hi Pas, Crescent Lake is always mighty tempting! :sunny: Thinking about Disney probably helps us deal with this endless winter of cold and snow. ::yes::
We had a very nice stay at the Contemporary. We loved the Bay Lake view, so relaxing. :beach:

Sending out hugs (and wishes for some warm weather) to all the RC friends. :grouphug: :flower1::flower::daisy:

So the Orbitz deal on the Poly CL room is no more, and actually I don't think they have any discounted rooms left on Orbitz for our dates (just the 15% off rack rate). They have Studios at BWV available, but I am not sure about that. I like the idea of the extra daybed so the kids can have their own beds (although they don't mind sharing at this age). I really want to spring for something since it's also our 10 year anniversary this summer, but I don't know…DH would probably not go for it unless I can cut back on costs somewhere else…Trying to figure out meals and dining plan or no dining plan right now.

So the Orbitz deal on the Poly CL room is no more, and actually I don't think they have any discounted rooms left on Orbitz for our dates (just the 15% off rack rate). They have Studios at BWV available, but I am not sure about that. I like the idea of the extra daybed so the kids can have their own beds (although they don't mind sharing at this age). I really want to spring for something since it's also our 10 year anniversary this summer, but I don't know…DH would probably not go for it unless I can cut back on costs somewhere else…Trying to figure out meals and dining plan or no dining plan right now.

Hi Koh, Those orbitz deals seem to come and go quickly sometimes. Not sure of your dates, but any chance you can book something with a 30% discount (if offered) and then do a last minute switch if something great opens? Disney planning-they don't make it easy, do they? Maybe a bit of this pixiedust: will help. :flower1:

Last edited:
Would love some advice and glad to know I'm not the only one out there switching so many times!! I feel less guilty. Going May 3-9. Originally booked AK Savannah view but then realized how far it was from MK so I changed to WL. Then read about some bus transportation wait times to other resorts and a room at the Poly opened so I switched to Poly for room size and monorail. Was told pool would be done by TA. Now as I read things online and see pictures of the resort I am hesitant. If the main pool is open I want to stay at Poly. If it's not, do I want to stay there anyway due to location, convenience? It's our first trip with kids...twin boys age 6. We'll be spending 3 days of the 7 at MK and I love the idea of popping back in the afternoon if boys are worn out, but I want this to be relaxing if we pop back in afternoon. My thinking:

- If I keep my Poly res and the main pool opens...ideal. Fingers crossed!
- If I keep my Poly res and it doesn't open...disappointed but still have quiet pool area and will have to deal with the war zone it looks like now. Which I have to say prob won't be happy with but willing to put up with for location. monorail, room size.
- Keep Poly res and make last minute change for a fee of $50 (is this correct?) if the pool doesn't open. And then the question would be what is the possibility of something being available in same price range...do they sell out after final payment dates usually? Is this even a good thought?

I'm using a TA and she says pool will be done, but reading stuff online it's not looking good. GF and Contemporary are out of my price range. Thoughts? Any advice appreciated.

Hi Koh, Those orbitz deals seem to come and go quickly sometimes. Not sure of your dates, but any chance you can book something with a 30% discount (if offered) and then do a last minute switch if something great opens? Disney planning-they don't make it easy, do they? Maybe a bit of this pixiedust: will help. :flower1:

I have a Standard View Room at BWI booked right now. Just looking at other options. :-)

Hi Pas! Trip was nice! We booked a Royal Room for first 5 days, then a standard room for next 5 days on a magical deal! But turned out they just kept us in the Royal Room for the 10 days. Honestly I don't know where the time goes!
We love ️POR, one of our fav resorts. So pretty. Love the boat to DTD, and seeing the carriages go by at night.
Only hard thing was dealing with my knee. I'm still having prob with post op swelling. Then it gets painful :-( good thing I packed zip lock bags for ice.
We had a great location in Oak Manor in the central courtyard. Close to elevator, and foot bridge.

Went over to Poly a couple of times to eat & check out new lobby & construction :-) looking forward to August. Main pool will be open, so yay!!

I too have been MIA. We've decided not to rent DVC points and stay put to where we are. We've paid 75% of the balance so it feels right just to stay put.

How is everyone? See lots of new summer vacations in the works. It's very exciting! We're pumped for ours as well. Getting closer. :)

Hi Everyone! Missed you, it's been awhile! DH and I have decided on trying our hand at our first Disney cruise on the Fantasy, oct 31-Nov 7, 2015. It's a 25 anniversary gift to us and we splurged and upgraded to concierge level on the ship. I'm somewhat regretting that now, as it was a $2500 upgrade, and originally we had a nice AFT room at the very back of the ship, but it's paid off now and no refunds on concierge rooms so we will make the best of the upgrade I of course can't visit FLORIDA without stopping at my favourite magical place!! So I booked BWI CL for us for Nov 7-11 after the cruise, and just yesterday added on nov 12 as well! (Not sure yet if we will keep the extra day as it was another $436 for the night) but right now it's on the reservation. In true RCer style, I've been waivering about other resorts such as BC CL and Our usual family favourite, AKL CL but so far sticking to BWI CL as it'll be nice to be in the Epcot area for food and wine festival I've never tried the BWI, so hoping it's a good choice for DH and I.
I'm also going back and forth on the ddp and adding it or paying OOP. It's a psychological thing I think just having it paid for! But we may be able to fare better eating OOP. Haven't quite figured that out yet!
I am very happy to be enjoying this trip with my hubby, it'll be interesting our first empty nest vacation!
Looking forward to sharing plans and hearing everyone's exciting news!
Marie

Hi Jenny, Great to hear from you! :hug: I am looking forward to hearing more about your upcoming trip. Your split sounds wonderful! :dance3:

Hi Pas, Crescent Lake is always mighty tempting! :sunny: Thinking about Disney probably helps us deal with this endless winter of cold and snow. ::yes::
We had a very nice stay at the Contemporary. We loved the Bay Lake view, so relaxing. :beach:

Sending out hugs (and wishes for some warm weather) to all the RC friends. :grouphug: :flower1::flower::daisy:
Hi Ginny!!!! HUGS!!! Maddie pulled up YouTube videos and she will NOT budge on Poly. Bay Lake is beating out Crescent Lake this trip ;)

Would love some advice and glad to know I'm not the only one out there switching so many times!! I feel less guilty. Going May 3-9. Originally booked AK Savannah view but then realized how far it was from MK so I changed to WL. Then read about some bus transportation wait times to other resorts and a room at the Poly opened so I switched to Poly for room size and monorail. Was told pool would be done by TA. Now as I read things online and see pictures of the resort I am hesitant. If the main pool is open I want to stay at Poly. If it's not, do I want to stay there anyway due to location, convenience? It's our first trip with kids...twin boys age 6. We'll be spending 3 days of the 7 at MK and I love the idea of popping back in the afternoon if boys are worn out, but I want this to be relaxing if we pop back in afternoon. My thinking:

- If I keep my Poly res and the main pool opens...ideal. Fingers crossed!
- If I keep my Poly res and it doesn't open...disappointed but still have quiet pool area and will have to deal with the war zone it looks like now. Which I have to say prob won't be happy with but willing to put up with for location. monorail, room size.
- Keep Poly res and make last minute change for a fee of $50 (is this correct?) if the pool doesn't open. And then the question would be what is the possibility of something being available in same price range...do they sell out after final payment dates usually? Is this even a good thought?

I'm using a TA and she says pool will be done, but reading stuff online it's not looking good. GF and Contemporary are out of my price range. Thoughts? Any advice appreciated.
I agree about the Poly pool, I am going in August and I have all appendages crossed trust me. As far as changing last minute, sometimes the best rooms open up in those last 30 days when others start to cancel, and sometimes a CM may waive the change fee if it's related to construction. I find that Disney really does try to make magic happen, and if you don't get someone uber friendly, make an excuse and call back in 10 minutes...I will be stalking Tikiman webpage along with all the Poly peeps. As far as AKL it is amazing!!! So much to do, SO relaxing. We did OKW last summer my kids LOVED the buses, sometimes being so close to MK isn't all that quick especially when the monorail has issues. In my opinion (and I have 5 kids) the only transportation issues are when you are trying to navigate with a stroller so anywhere you go you should be good! That said, my favorite resort is GF tied pretty closely with WL :) That boat to MK is great!!!

Hi Pas! Trip was nice! We booked a Royal Room for first 5 days, then a standard room for next 5 days on a magical deal! But turned out they just kept us in the Royal Room for the 10 days. Honestly I don't know where the time goes!
We love ️POR, one of our fav resorts. So pretty. Love the boat to DTD, and seeing the carriages go by at night.
Only hard thing was dealing with my knee. I'm still having prob with post op swelling. Then it gets painful :-( good thing I packed zip lock bags for ice.
We had a great location in Oak Manor in the central courtyard. Close to elevator, and foot bridge.

Went over to Poly a couple of times to eat & check out new lobby & construction :-) looking forward to August. Main pool will be open, so yay!!
It better be open, LOL. Happy to hear Sue! Sorry about your knee, DH is still awful sore when he comes home from work as well.....how's the DTD construction looking :)

I too have been MIA. We've decided not to rent DVC points and stay put to where we are. We've paid 75% of the balance so it feels right just to stay put.

How is everyone? See lots of new summer vacations in the works. It's very exciting! We're pumped for ours as well. Getting closer. :)
So excited!!!!

Just popped in to say hi!!! Only 67 days until another of my crazy split stays!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, as I'm reading this I think I might be imposing on the wrong board. Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask. :)
No no no this is EXACTLY where we chat about changes!!! Carry on :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter