As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

I just priced out AKL/CR.... And it seems do able I think it's going to boil down to when MVMCP is that year! I hate to leave MK for the end of our stay but it might end up making more financial sense

Trishadono, need help! The Disney part of our trip starts in 16 days and I'm getting Poly cold feet. Lobby should be open, and Hawaii looks like it's in good shape, but I'm seeing lots of those "right into the construction pit" photos and getting nervous. It's a marathon weekend stay - lots of running and running around. And I've moved my parents over to Poly CL for their last night and they are really looking forward to it (I've warned them about the construction.) Can't switch now anyway, even if wanted to, so can you share some words of encouragement again?

My Mom's first deluxe and CL trip. She loved loved loved it::goodvibes

The rooms are large!

The lounge is so awesome! The view is magnificent :yay:

The food and drinks:)

To get from Hawaii and GCH we always cut through somoa and nuie. That has 2 benefits . You don't get lost and you don't see constructionpixiedust:

The quiet pool area was very peaceful and the beach area is smaller but still has the view of the castleprincess:

The only problem for us was the walk from the boat launch to Hawaii. However the wine and desserts waiting for us at the end was worth it:rolleyes1

Lastly the CMs truly do care at poly! They will make your parents feel welcome :flower3:

So I was trying to compromise for DH since this December 2015 trip with my parents was not making him happy. Priced out Spring Break instead, but he nixed that as well...so...

How are the beds at ASMo vs Pop vs AOA (LM) vs AOA (table bed in the family suites)?

Wasn't terribly impressed with the beds at POR this past July, but have loved the deluxes - WL, BC, and Poly. Is there that much of a difference?

The only Value I've stayed at has been Pop. Had a couple of 1 night stays pre Deluxe stay arrival night. We found the beds at Pop were quite comfy.
Agree with Pigletgirl. More comfy then the POFQ beds I found quite hard.

So I go to hop into MDE this morning to make sure I have times right in my head and, oh, my password doesn't work. I think that's odd but I go to reset and get the email and finally log in to discover "Welcome to MDE!" and a whole bunch of first time log-in info.

Freaking out, I call tech support and the helpful but also unhelpful CM explains that somehow a second account popped up under my email and went through and disabled the second account and did what he needed to give access to the primary account. "All your stuff is still there, so no problem!"... sure, except he didn't know how a second account popped up and heaven forbid it happens again when I need access to the information.

I know it's just a small thing and it was fixed but SERIOUSLY?! First my tickets disappear... then I have ADRs appear and disappear... then a second account appears... I'm sort of over the Disney technology right now! Thankfully, a friend is printing out EVERYTHING in my MDE so I have a hard copy (because dumb me forgot to do it before we packed the printer). SHHHHHH!

So I go to hop into MDE this morning to make sure I have times right in my head and, oh, my password doesn't work. I think that's odd but I go to reset and get the email and finally log in to discover "Welcome to MDE!" and a whole bunch of first time log-in info.

Freaking out, I call tech support and the helpful but also unhelpful CM explains that somehow a second account popped up under my email and went through and disabled the second account and did what he needed to give access to the primary account. "All your stuff is still there, so no problem!"... sure, except he didn't know how a second account popped up and heaven forbid it happens again when I need access to the information.

I know it's just a small thing and it was fixed but SERIOUSLY?! First my tickets disappear... then I have ADRs appear and disappear... then a second account appears... I'm sort of over the Disney technology right now! Thankfully, a friend is printing out EVERYTHING in my MDE so I have a hard copy (because dumb me forgot to do it before we packed the printer). SHHHHHH!

Yep that would have freaked me out:badpc:

Hopefully that is all fixed:thumbsup2

My Mom's first deluxe and CL trip. She loved loved loved it::goodvibes

The rooms are large!

The lounge is so awesome! The view is magnificent :yay:

The food and drinks:)

To get from Hawaii and GCH we always cut through somoa and nuie. That has 2 benefits . You don't get lost and you don't see constructionpixiedust:

The quiet pool area was very peaceful and the beach area is smaller but still has the view of the castleprincess:

The only problem for us was the walk from the boat launch to Hawaii. However the wine and desserts waiting for us at the end was worth it:rolleyes1

Lastly the CMs truly do care at poly! They will make your parents feel welcome :flower3:

You are awesome - all true!!! Also really excited about the new lobby. I'll post my thoughts in the safety of this thread - I love it! My first Poly stay was over 30 years ago and we've been going ever since. So I have huge sentimental feelings about that waterfall, but am really happy about the changes. I'm glad to see a fresh, clean, updated look. And I'm really happy for my husband, who does not love Disney but appreciates a quiet, spacious lobby early in the morning. (Club lounge is also great, but I know he would prefer NOT to have a view of the castle!) We often refer friends new to WDW to Poly, but know that our "nostalgia" may be someone else's "outdated." Feeling better about those referrals already. :)

Thanks again!!!

You are awesome - all true!!! Also really excited about the new lobby. I'll post my thoughts in the safety of this thread - I love it! My first Poly stay was over 30 years ago and we've been going ever since. So I have huge sentimental feelings about that waterfall, but am really happy about the changes. I'm glad to see a fresh, clean, updated look. And I'm really happy for my husband, who does not love Disney but appreciates a quiet, spacious lobby early in the morning. (Club lounge is also great, but I know he would prefer NOT to have a view of the castle!) We often refer friends new to WDW to Poly, but know that our "nostalgia" may be someone else's "outdated." Feeling better about those referrals already. :)

Thanks again!!!

Anytime! I can't wait to see the new lobby myself!

I think I am really going to like WL cl!!! I am now at 30 days :cheer2:

I also bought annual passes so next winter dd and I can go over her break again too!

dimd - I hope your vacation is filled to the brim with pixie dust, magic and more!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

So DH said he would choose an option then for our December trip...he is definitely not thrilled, but...it is happening! :-)

Now the choices...

1st week of December (after Thanksgiving) or 2nd week of December (Pop Warner week)? 5 or 6 nights? Family suite at AOA or 2 rooms at a value (or a mod)? If FIL doesn't go, and especially if there are any discounts, I would love to stay at WL again...not sure though...

Now to get the little gifts for my parents for Christmas to tell them about it... :-)

So DH said he would choose an option then for our December trip...he is definitely not thrilled, but...it is happening! :-)

Now the choices...

1st week of December (after Thanksgiving) or 2nd week of December (Pop Warner week)? 5 or 6 nights? Family suite at AOA or 2 rooms at a value (or a mod)? If FIL doesn't go, and especially if there are any discounts, I would love to stay at WL again...not sure though...

Now to get the little gifts for my parents for Christmas to tell them about it... :-)

I vote 1st week of December, WL (of course) or if you have FIL along, AOA suite. My husband is never thrilled by a Disney trip either. "OK, fine" is the best we're going to get. :)

We're 12 days away and I have nothing left to change. Scouring plans for an ADR or FP+ to change - coming up with nothing . . .

I am pondering becomig a resort changer. We are booked for six nights at WL in February. I had some reservations aboutit-I had really wanted a monorail resort, but the price difference when we booked was so high. And so many people convinced me that transit from WL to the various resorts would be no problem. But now I am reading reviews and guidebooks saying that the buses from WL ar horribly slow, especially in the off season, etc., and am having seond thoughts.

We are travelling with an almost four year old, so being able to get back to the room midday easily from the parks is important (we do plan to spend a bit more time in MK, but will b hittig all the parks and may spend a good chunk of time at Epcot too). Of couse, the pool may be important too, he will be excited about that, although one never knows about February weather (coming from Canada, we will swim if it is vaguely warm, but it is still possible it will be too cold!).

Prices at Poly have coe down since I shopped last, but the pool being closed is a bummer. The easy transit to MK and Epcot both is realy appealing, but not sure it is worth the price without the pool, and with othe contruction around us.

BC/YC is also appealing, and also within budget. Parts of the pool will be closed the week we are there, but not the whole thing. We had been thinking of trying to do dinner at Epcot several nights, so being able to easily hop over there would be nice. Concerned about the travel times to MK, though--I have read that sometimes in February the buses are shared among up to five hotels.

I hate being indecisive, but I so often am!

I am pondering becomig a resort changer. We are booked for six nights at WL in February. I had some reservations aboutit-I had really wanted a monorail resort, but the price difference when we booked was so high. And so many people convinced me that transit from WL to the various resorts would be no problem. But now I am reading reviews and guidebooks saying that the buses from WL ar horribly slow, especially in the off season, etc., and am having seond thoughts.

We are travelling with an almost four year old, so being able to get back to the room midday easily from the parks is important (we do plan to spend a bit more time in MK, but will b hittig all the parks and may spend a good chunk of time at Epcot too). Of couse, the pool may be important too, he will be excited about that, although one never knows about February weather (coming from Canada, we will swim if it is vaguely warm, but it is still possible it will be too cold!).

Prices at Poly have coe down since I shopped last, but the pool being closed is a bummer. The easy transit to MK and Epcot both is realy appealing, but not sure it is worth the price without the pool, and with othe contruction around us.

BC/YC is also appealing, and also within budget. Parts of the pool will be closed the week we are there, but not the whole thing. We had been thinking of trying to do dinner at Epcot several nights, so being able to easily hop over there would be nice. Concerned about the travel times to MK, though--I have read that sometimes in February the buses are shared among up to five hotels.

I hate being indecisive, but I so often am!
BC/YC would be a good choice, and they have several hot tubs too. BC/YC busses aren't shared with the other Epcot resorts anymore with the exception of DTD.
Welcome to Resor Changers :goodvibes

:wave2: Everyone hope you have a Happy Christmas . We just arrived in Whistler for the holiday. Usually we're here for New Years, but we are here for Christmas this year.
After New Years it will be time to pack for Florida :yay: no changes! I'm sticking to my guns of doing a CS dining ( no burgers or chicken nuggets) exploration trip. Well, maybe 1 burger if it's at Cosmic Rays with topping bar, lol. And just 2 maybe 3 TS thrown into our 10 day stay! I think the new Shrimp & Grits entree at Boatwrights has my name on it.

It has been one week and I haven't made any changes to my resort reservations.
Have I thought about it? Heck yeah! :lmao:
But I think I am finally happy with my choices.
No. I AM happy.
20 days an counting!

We do split stays for all kinds of trips - long and short - and we absolutely love them! We've split stays for as little as two nights and as many as nine. Our January trip ended up as a split between four different resorts! I think it really depends on the circumstances and your family's travel style. Our kids are really on-the-go, we love trying new resorts and our teenagers love to change it up. Also, our travel style works well with splits - we pack very light (easier with three boys ages 7, 14 and 15), I love organizing before and during the trip for a split stay and we make extensive use of Bell Services. Even when not splitting, I'm tidying and organizing the room every night for our next day anyway. We don't leave stuff out (other than the toiletries) and we don't use the drawers, so it's really easy for us.

So when we switch resorts, we spend zero extra time beyond packing up the toiletries and calling Bell Services. Then we're off to a park and we go directly to Resort #2 for our afternoon break. One more call to Bell Services and we're settled in again. On the occasion that we transfer on our own, we hop in an early morning cab with our luggage and we're checked in at Resort #2 before rope drop on transfer day.

On the other hand, if you have a little one with lots of gear, spread out in your room, or don't love constant crazy organizing, I can see how a split is less convenient.

P.S. If I were splitting between the two, I'd split between POR and CBR. If just one resort, I'd choose CBR because of the pool and new rooms. It's really spread out, but we found it wasn't too bad when staying in Martinique. And our oldest son (now 15) was 18 months old at the time and loved it! Even better now with the new pool. And the tropical atmosphere/theme is so fun.

Agreed .... I love split stays! Bell services makes it so easy!

:santa: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :santa:

dimd - I hope your vacation is filled to the brim with pixie dust, magic and more!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

THANK YOU!

Just touching base for a few before we head to Christmas dinner at Raglan Rd!

So far trip has gone SO well - small hiccups (like our room being stuck in some weird 'not ready' mode at check in... but that's another story) but the family is having a ball (even the non-Disney peeps) and we still are talking to each other!

Crowds are beyond manageable -- haven't waited more than 20 minutes for anything, though MK is apparently at Stage 2 closure right now (we're not doing a park today so it's all good).

Poor DD7 had a bad allergy attack when we got here (just pollens and such) and got knocked down so hard we had to push her in our stroller on Monday at HS and ended up taking her to Urgent Care Tues - you know your kiddo is sick when she elects to skip MK! They tried to tell me it was the flu but her only symptoms were congestion and a cough (no fever) so I just pumped Benadryl and fluids in her and she's bounced back amazingly. We're headed to MK tomorrow night to make up for lost time so it should all work out.

Hope all is well and will make sure to post a TR when we get back! Do have to say CSR has been AMAZING! We have the best location and CMs have been so great -- above and beyond and super friendly! Def up there with YC for our fave resort!!!

*HUGS* to all!

:santa: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :santa: THANK YOU! Just touching base for a few before we head to Christmas dinner at Raglan Rd! So far trip has gone SO well - small hiccups (like our room being stuck in some weird 'not ready' mode at check in... but that's another story) but the family is having a ball (even the non-Disney peeps) and we still are talking to each other! Crowds are beyond manageable -- haven't waited more than 20 minutes for anything, though MK is apparently at Stage 2 closure right now (we're not doing a park today so it's all good). Poor DD7 had a bad allergy attack when we got here (just pollens and such) and got knocked down so hard we had to push her in our stroller on Monday at HS and ended up taking her to Urgent Care Tues - you know your kiddo is sick when she elects to skip MK! They tried to tell me it was the flu but her only symptoms were congestion and a cough (no fever) so I just pumped Benadryl and fluids in her and she's bounced back amazingly. We're headed to MK tomorrow night to make up for lost time so it should all work out. Hope all is well and will make sure to post a TR when we get back! Do have to say CSR has been AMAZING! We have the best location and CMs have been so great -- above and beyond and super friendly! Def up there with YC for our fave resort!!! *HUGS* to all!

Where are you at CSR? How are the buses? Glad all is well! Will be anxious to read you're TR!! :-)

Merry Christmas!

Now leaning heavily towards Poly, despite the construction. Feeling like we probably won't miss the pool much in February (watch, we will end up with that rare 80 degree week!), and hopeful thwt we can get a room a bit away fro the actual work. With the lobby being essentially done I don't think things will bother us TOO much, and the convenience of being able to get to MK and Epcot both by monorail will be really nice. Plus fun for the trai obsessed three year old! (He would love the Contemporary, but its out of budget...but we are doing a meal at Chef Mickey's, so he can get a little taste of ot then!)

Waiting for a comparison quote from that magical agency now, otherwise I will probably go with Orbitz again since their orice is $40 less per night than the wint deal Disney has (already have tickets, not planning on doing dining plan, so whoever has the cheapest room only rate wins!).

Does anyone know if cancelling (through Orbitz) and rebooking through Orbitz is going to cancel my FP reservations? It likely wouldn't be the end of the world, I didn't have anything that was crazy sought after, but just curious. I know Orbitz doesn't necessarily process the cancellation immediately--or at least not the refund--so maybe the new booking will make it into the system before the old one gets deleted.

Where are you at CSR? How are the buses? Glad all is well! Will be anxious to read you're TR!! :-)

Merry Christmas!

We are in Cabanas 8B - we managed to get three rooms next to each other and our 4th room is literally just around the corner. We paid for SV but all have water view. It's the best location for our crew: we have a bus stop just behind our building and it's an even walk to El Centro (which is another stop and food/sundries) and the Dig Site pool. Busses have been pretty good - we have had better luck here than at POR and WL but not as good as we had at YC.

If you are even somewhat considering a Disney Christmas, I HIGHLY recommend doing it! Rope drops have been empty (I heard AK was dead Christmas morning until noon), and we did 2 MK late nights (including last night) and never waited more than 20 minutes. During the day we saw waits on our app in the 70-90 minute range but after the fireworks you can honestly see the wait times tumble. Don't let the hype fool you -- spend your days enjoying water parks, mini golf, DtD, or just resort hopping and go hit the parks after dark... you'll find it totally doable and the atmosphere worth it!

This was our night from 845p to 1230a last night:
We arrived around 830p and walked up Main St with some trouble as people stationed themselves for fireworks (shout out to the interconnected shops for allowing easier transit!). Fireworks started as we hit the Hub and we spit to Adventureland. Jingle Cruise was a walk-on during fireworks so we enjoyed the festive ride and wandered toward PoTC which was... down.

After using E&A FP (standby was at 70 min), we did
HM (15 min)
Carousel 2x (walk-on)
IASW (10 min)
BTMR (rode 2x in 20 minutes)
skipped Splash (but it was 5 min)
grabbed a Dole Whip (walk-up)
Space (15 min)
Dumbo (walk-on)
Buzz (10 min)
Meet Mickey (5 min)

Best part: We happened to be by the tree at the front when MSEP started and got front-row seats just by walking up to them. Second parade is def the way to go! We left at 12:30 but feel like we accomplished all we set out to do, save for PoTC which went down 3x in that period.

We are in Cabanas 8B - we managed to get three rooms next to each other and our 4th room is literally just around the corner. We paid for SV but all have water view. It's the best location for our crew: we have a bus stop just behind our building and it's an even walk to El Centro (which is another stop and food/sundries) and the Dig Site pool. Busses have been pretty good - we have had better luck here than at POR and WL but not as good as we had at YC. If you are even somewhat considering a Disney Christmas, I HIGHLY recommend doing it! Rope drops have been empty (I heard AK was dead Christmas morning until noon), and we did 2 MK late nights (including last night) and never waited more than 20 minutes. During the day we saw waits on our app in the 70-90 minute range but after the fireworks you can honestly see the wait times tumble. Don't let the hype fool you -- spend your days enjoying water parks, mini golf, DtD, or just resort hopping and go hit the parks after dark... you'll find it totally doable and the atmosphere worth it! This was our night from 845p to 1230a last night: We arrived around 830p and walked up Main St with some trouble as people stationed themselves for fireworks (shout out to the interconnected shops for allowing easier transit!). Fireworks started as we hit the Hub and we spit to Adventureland. Jingle Cruise was a walk-on during fireworks so we enjoyed the festive ride and wandered toward PoTC which was... down. After using E&A FP (standby was at 70 min), we did HM (15 min) Carousel 2x (walk-on) IASW (10 min) BTMR (rode 2x in 20 minutes) skipped Splash (but it was 5 min) grabbed a Dole Whip (walk-up) Space (15 min) Dumbo (walk-on) Buzz (10 min) Meet Mickey (5 min) Best part: We happened to be by the tree at the front when MSEP started and got front-row seats just by walking up to them. Second parade is def the way to go! We left at 12:30 but feel like we accomplished all we set out to do, save for PoTC which went down 3x in that period.

We are thinking more like the first or second week of December instead. Definitely a difference in price! :-)

I tried to talk my parents into early June to hit Star Wars weekends and not have to take DS out of school, but no such luck yet. DH is not happy with me about the whole thing...so we will see...

Glad you're having good luck at CSR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter