• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Popping in to touch base and wanted to say

GWYNNE - I am so, so sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family comfort and support through this tough time and I hope you can come together to remember his wonderful life.

:hug: to all and especially those going through some difficult times. Will post more later this week (promise!!!)

Touching base with my sweet RC friends. I have some very sad news. My dear brother died today. Of course, we will be going to be with his dear family. Reservations and guest services were so kind and helpful with canceling all our reservations. It is a hard time, and I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Ginny

So sorry for your loss and hope you can reschedule your trip...thoughts and prayers with you and your family...

Touching base with my sweet RC friends.
I have some very sad news. My dear brother died today. Of course, we will be going to be with his dear family.
Reservations and guest services were so kind and helpful with canceling all our reservations.
It is a hard time, and I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Ginny

Oh Ginny! So sorry and sending prayers to you and your family.

Ginny - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. My thoughts and prayers are with your family during this difficult time.

Touching base with my sweet RC friends. I have some very sad news. My dear brother died today. Of course, we will be going to be with his dear family. Reservations and guest services were so kind and helpful with canceling all our reservations. It is a hard time, and I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Ginny
Ginny HUGS I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts as always but extra prayers and hugs.

I have some very sad news. My dear brother died today. Of course, we will be going to be with his dear family.
Reservations and guest services were so kind and helpful with canceling all our reservations.

Dear Ginny,
Words cannot express how sorry I am for the loss of your dear brother. You and DH continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the memories of his life can give you comfort and strength at this very difficult time. All my love :hug:

-She is what I call a "one upper" and for some reason she's always wanted to out do me. So, because she's also having a girl, she feels the need to let everyone know how gorgeous and sweet her baby will be. She has this idea that BIL will be the "official" diaper changer and she doesn't want to be a part of that. :rolleyes: She also doesn't want to touch the baby when she's born because she might have "goop" on her. Well guess what, in the moment you won't care what is on her, and hopefully you won't be able to contain the joy that a new baby brings! I'm just hoping she'll understand my choices and decisions I've made since becoming a parent, and quit criticizing what I choose to do.

She sounds delusional to me if she thinks her DH will be the "offical diaper changer". I was the same way about my boys. I didn't want to see them until they were clean. It ended up being a non issue though. With our first son, I was put under since I had an emergency c-section. With our youngest, my hubby said they had to work with him a little to get him to breath. I didn't know that's what they were doing at the time. Hopefully she will, but with the kind of person she sounds like, she'll be more like, "see my way was much better".

- Oh yeah, ideally I'd like to be paid off by the time we make ADR's. However if we choose to go with a DVC rental that's another story. I won't know till February.

Hopefully, you will be.

- I knew that DH's family was unique and when we were dating I found it to be quirky and fun. However, now with the addition of inlaws, it adds another dimension for sure. Thankfully his parents are great and can sometimes understand my frustrations.

I didn't know how unique my DH's family was until after we were married. It may partly be from us only knowing each other 1 1/2 years when we were married. I tell the DH often that his family hid their crazy to keep me from running away screaming.

Good to read Kim. :flower3:

Thank you :flower3:

This is sound reasoning! :goodvibes JM has a great plan. :thumbsup2

I agree, but we can't seem to get the DH to understand it.

a big Hello to all I've missed!! Life of a marching band mom is crazy!! but so much fun!!!

How is marching season going?

I am so very sorry. :hug: Sending lots of prayers for you and your family.

Janet & Pas thanks for your thoughts. Today was my second Physio appt. progress is slow, but there is progress. Pain always seems worse at night. Ugh.

Ginny :grouphug: I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thoughts and prayers Ginny. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :(

GRRRR I am so frustrated!!!

My FP+ window opened this AM for our Christmas trip and I log into MDE and my room's tickets aren't there. This confused me immensely -- I had checked two days ago and it said "62 days until arrival, 2 days until you can book FP+" and I saw all the tickets for the group listed... now, *POOF* gone.

I tried everything I could think of last night to fix it, ended up in tears while booking the rest of the groups' FP (mostly because I was watching E&A disappear each time I looked at MK). I finally go to bed at 1 am just to wake up at 645a so I could call tech support to figure all this out.

I call and the CM I get first can't understand my issue - keeps saying I need to buy tickets. I explain I have a FD package so no matter what, there should be tickets. She then says my TA probably didn't link things right, to which I explain that the only 'new' people are the ones I was able to do and that the 'old' people (my crew from last trip) and I were linked 2 days ago when I checked the account. She says she needs to talk to someone 'specialized' in this situation and puts me on hold. A good 10/15 minutes go by (Small World and Heffalumps are not great music on 6 hours of sleep) and she comes back. We do some emailing and clicking and logging in and out and the tickets finally show. I thanked her and said "I'm hoping to still snag an A&E FP" and she says that despite the delay, it probably wouldn't make a difference as they are so hard to get I wouldn't have gotten them anyway. I tried to argue I had already SEEN them when I was booking for everyone else earlier that morning, but she just shrugged it off.

While I was able to get A&E, it's for 1040p which is at least SOMETHING... but had my tickets been there like they should've been, I saw 7, 8, 9, 10 on our booking day (I looked at it when booking the rest of the groups' MK FP) and lots more availability throughout the day for other days. Again, while I do understand how fortunate I am to get them at all, I still feel miffed about the whole thing -- especially since the blame was shifted to my TA who I really think didn't have control over what happened (seems like something internal in linking tickets with the package). Also, I have been trying all day to link up my crew's FP for rides with the rest of the group and find that we are forced to a narrow FP window -- 8 of the group are at 2, we are at 230 -- or not even close -- to which I will now have to FP stalk if we want to ride together. I just feel like I have lost a lot of time and gained a lot of stress and didn't even get an apology or sympathy about it.

I know in the grand scheme this is nothing (I feel guilty posting this based on what gwynne is going through!!!) but I feel like with the issues we've had the last 2 trips, and now this, I'm enjoying Disney less and less and stressing more and more.

*SIGHS* maybe I just need some sleep!!!

I hope everyone is well and that their weeks are moving decently. :hug: and pixie dusted thoughts.

GRRRR I am so frustrated!!! My FP+ window opened this AM for our Christmas trip and I log into MDE and my room's tickets aren't there. This confused me immensely -- I had checked two days ago and it said "62 days until arrival, 2 days until you can book FP+" and I saw all the tickets for the group listed... now, *POOF* gone. I tried everything I could think of last night to fix it, ended up in tears while booking the rest of the groups' FP (mostly because I was watching E&A disappear each time I looked at MK). I finally go to bed at 1 am just to wake up at 645a so I could call tech support to figure all this out. I call and the CM I get first can't understand my issue - keeps saying I need to buy tickets. I explain I have a FD package so no matter what, there should be tickets. She then says my TA probably didn't link things right, to which I explain that the only 'new' people are the ones I was able to do and that the 'old' people (my crew from last trip) and I were linked 2 days ago when I checked the account. She says she needs to talk to someone 'specialized' in this situation and puts me on hold. A good 10/15 minutes go by (Small World and Heffalumps are not great music on 6 hours of sleep) and she comes back. We do some emailing and clicking and logging in and out and the tickets finally show. I thanked her and said "I'm hoping to still snag an A&E FP" and she says that despite the delay, it probably wouldn't make a difference as they are so hard to get I wouldn't have gotten them anyway. I tried to argue I had already SEEN them when I was booking for everyone else earlier that morning, but she just shrugged it off. While I was able to get A&E, it's for 1040p which is at least SOMETHING... but had my tickets been there like they should've been, I saw 7, 8, 9, 10 on our booking day (I looked at it when booking the rest of the groups' MK FP) and lots more availability throughout the day for other days. Again, while I do understand how fortunate I am to get them at all, I still feel miffed about the whole thing -- especially since the blame was shifted to my TA who I really think didn't have control over what happened (seems like something internal in linking tickets with the package). Also, I have been trying all day to link up my crew's FP for rides with the rest of the group and find that we are forced to a narrow FP window -- 8 of the group are at 2, we are at 230 -- or not even close -- to which I will now have to FP stalk if we want to ride together. I just feel like I have lost a lot of time and gained a lot of stress and didn't even get an apology or sympathy about it. I know in the grand scheme this is nothing (I feel guilty posting this based on what gwynne is going through!!!) but I feel like with the issues we've had the last 2 trips, and now this, I'm enjoying Disney less and less and stressing more and more. *SIGHS* maybe I just need some sleep!!! I hope everyone is well and that their weeks are moving decently. :hug: and pixie dusted thoughts.
Oh no! Do you have a receipt stating that you have purchased them? I would be very unhappy. Have you talked to IT?

Janet & Pas thanks for your thoughts. Today was my second Physio appt. progress is slow, but there is progress. Pain always seems worse at night. Ugh.
Cheers for progress :hug: hang in there :flower3:

My FP+ window opened this AM for our Christmas trip and I log into MDE and my room's tickets aren't there. This confused me immensely -- I had checked two days ago and it said "62 days until arrival, 2 days until you can book FP+" and I saw all the tickets for the group listed... now, *POOF* gone.

I tried everything I could think of last night to fix it, ended up in tears while booking the rest of the groups' FP (mostly because I was watching E&A disappear each time I looked at MK). I finally go to bed at 1 am just to wake up at 645a so I could call tech support to figure all this out.

I call and the CM I get first can't understand my issue - keeps saying I need to buy tickets. I explain I have a FD package so no matter what, there should be tickets. She then says my TA probably didn't link things right, to which I explain that the only 'new' people are the ones I was able to do and that the 'old' people (my crew from last trip) and I were linked 2 days ago when I checked the account. She says she needs to talk to someone 'specialized' in this situation and puts me on hold. A good 10/15 minutes go by (Small World and Heffalumps are not great music on 6 hours of sleep) and she comes back. We do some emailing and clicking and logging in and out and the tickets finally show. I thanked her and said "I'm hoping to still snag an A&E FP" and she says that despite the delay, it probably wouldn't make a difference as they are so hard to get I wouldn't have gotten them anyway. I tried to argue I had already SEEN them when I was booking for everyone else earlier that morning, but she just shrugged it off.

While I was able to get A&E, it's for 1040p which is at least SOMETHING... but had my tickets been there like they should've been, I saw 7, 8, 9, 10 on our booking day (I looked at it when booking the rest of the groups' MK FP) and lots more availability throughout the day for other days. Again, while I do understand how fortunate I am to get them at all, I still feel miffed about the whole thing -- especially since the blame was shifted to my TA who I really think didn't have control over what happened (seems like something internal in linking tickets with the package). Also, I have been trying all day to link up my crew's FP for rides with the rest of the group and find that we are forced to a narrow FP window -- 8 of the group are at 2, we are at 230 -- or not even close -- to which I will now have to FP stalk if we want to ride together. I just feel like I have lost a lot of time and gained a lot of stress and didn't even get an apology or sympathy about it.

I know in the grand scheme this is nothing (I feel guilty posting this based on what gwynne is going through!!!) but I feel like with the issues we've had the last 2 trips, and now this, I'm enjoying Disney less and less and stressing more and more.

I hope everyone is well and that their weeks are moving decently. :hug: and pixie dusted thoughts.

Sorry for the MDE glitch or whatever it was :sad2: that stinks, at least you got one FP, but that is LATE :scared:

That's the biggest thing with WDW the need to plan and book ahead of time. I have DH holding on to Poly but the snide/Universal is better...easier...etc. he's kinda right:rolleyes:

Thinking of you today Ginny :hug:

So sorry for your loss. Keeping you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.

Dear RC Friends,
WDW has been very kind and helpful with cancellations, refunds. I've had a couple of CM's who really went the extra mile to make sure everything was taken care of.

Thank you dear RCers for your kind thoughts and prayers. They are so appreciated. I am just taking things one day at a time.
I'll be back to the thread after the 1st.

Love and hugs, ginny :grouphug:

Oh, Ginny, I am so very sorry. :grouphug: My heart aches so for your family. Our family will be holding you all so very near in our hearts and prayer. Very gentle hugs. :hug:

I'm sorry progress is slow. I hope it picks up soon and the nightly pain goes away and doesn't come back.

I'm so sorry, that stinks.

Nothing new about my trip. I did get the purple scarf done that I was knitting for the friend I am going to WDW with and I am on to the next one for her. This one is a black scarf that has a diagonal rib to it. I just started it tonight, and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Non-trip related, I found some glow in the dark nail polish at the grocery store today. I thought I had some dark purple almost black. My plan was to put the glow in the dark over the dark purple, but I couldn't find the purple. I have to take my mil to an eye doctor appt tomorrow, so I'll buy some purple then.

Ugh. DME is still so glitchy.
It may be worth going to Guest Relations once in a park and relate the difficulties you experienced. My friend had a huge problem linking her group with FPs even after hours with tec support. Guest relations was able to fix problem, and also gave them a bunch of FPs on their bands to be used on any attractions at any time.

Wookie :wave2: thanks. It's baby steps, slowly coming along.

Ginny hang in there. Thoughts & prayers with you and your family.

Janet, Linda, Jeanette, Trish, Koh & everyone I've missed :wave2:

:wave2: Just checking in... All is well! :goodvibes

Ginny -- hope you are doing ok. Check in when you can!

Good morning!!!! Will not change....poly poly poly

Not WL CL will do Poly CL

Proving I can do it...I can

:grouphug: Ginny and Sue still thinking of you!

Hi Christine :hug:

Dmndgal sorry for the glitches still, how's the Japan part moving along :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter