• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Tiptoeing in, I think I have come to the right place. :flower3:

Okay we are coming in on June 9th 2015.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that a room discount will pop up. With that thinking here is my Resort booking dilemma.

We are set to book for a Royal Room at POR. We've stayed there before, loved it and my husband loves familiarity. Then he also started looking at the Wilderness lodge. Which at this point is out of our budget price range, but if a room discount comes around, we would be able to afford it.
So should I book POR and if the discount shows up switch,
or WL first and then change if a discount does not come along switch to POR? I'm just worried that I'll book one and then if I need to switch the availability won't be at the other one.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to our friends in the North!! :grouphug:

Sorry Jeanette, no CHANGING:rotfl2:
yet ;)

Thought I should say hello as I am pretty sure I will be making changes galore with my Oct 2015 trip.

I planned 8 days so I could do the Parisian breakfast. Decided to try the Poly as I am about to do my second YC stay this month. Then I heard the breakfast booked fast so I investigated 9 days to give me two Saturdays...it was less than $100 to add a night at YC vs eight nights at the Poly so I booked 9 at YC. But I plan to follow a discount to any monorail or Epcot hotel. And if my mom loses her job I may switch to POFQ to really save.
Welcome!!! Hope your mom doesn't lose her job, but POFQ is a pretty resort!!

Will catch up later, BUT for those who didn't see it on FB...I got the Disney TA job!! I'll let you all know when I get everything set up and rolling! ;-)
:cool1: Congrats Krystal!!!

Doesn't look like the current bounceback will be of use for my trip next end of April/early May, but will phone up and ask when I check in in about a week.

Do you all think it's wishful thinking on my part hoping for a club level room with an annual pass discount (at Yacht or Beach Club as 1st choice) I'd take any club level room (ap discount) except for PC at GF which is a little out of my league even with a discount. I know its the final part of the F&G festival, but easter and spring break should be over by the end of April/early May.
I think a CL room WILL open up. I've had discounted rooms open up the night before my trip!!!! Poor Cms, I was calling them daily and some started remembering me :rotfl:

I'm sure I'm so far behind. Just thought I would pop in while I get caught up on the Cowboys game. It's been crazy around here, but that's usual. I had to go to work with the DH on Friday. We went to one house that I just didn't want to leave. They have a miniature donkey farm. I want one so bad!! We already have a name for it. We're going to call it Eeyore. At least that's what the DH decided after he drank a big cup of Caffe Lolita (which has an alcohol content of 20%). Now we just have to build a pen and small place for it to get out of the weather, and come up with $900. Oh, and I guess we would need something to transport it in. The DH is really serious about getting one. We just have to convince the inlaws.

No really big changes about the girls only trip. We canceled some ADRs to lower the cost to help me keep the trip. Hopefully, we shaved enough off. Our t-shirts were shipped on Saturday, and I can't wait to get them.

I hope everyone is doing well. JM is still trying to convince my DH that we really need to go to WDW this next year to take my bil's son since he's has such a bad year this year. I don't disagree with the kid at all.
Glad the trip is on Kim :hug:

Thanks Jeanette. It's a slow painful recovery :sad2: but will be happy to get my staples out Wednesday. Hope it doesn't hurt too much :rolleyes:
:hug: staples out is not too bad!!!

I started off booking BLT 1 br, then I switched to AoA for the space. Now I am firmly booked in a 1 BR at OKW for a week.
LOVE OKW!!! Love the location of BLT, but OKW was HUGE and just lovely!!!!

Tiptoeing in, I think I have come to the right place. :flower3:

Okay we are coming in on June 9th 2015.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that a room discount will pop up. With that thinking here is my Resort booking dilemma.

We are set to book for a Royal Room at POR. We've stayed there before, loved it and my husband loves familiarity. Then he also started looking at the Wilderness lodge. Which at this point is out of our budget price range, but if a room discount comes around, we would be able to afford it.
So should I book POR and if the discount shows up switch,
or WL first and then change if a discount does not come along switch to POR? I'm just worried that I'll book one and then if I need to switch the availability won't be at the other one.
Yep, you are in the right place!!! I would book POR just to have it, in case the WL discount isn't quite what you want for your budget...that said WL is AMAZING!!!!:flower3:

I did it again. Booked a room only for AoA for our arrival night. Then POR came open yesterday. I changed again....go figure, lol :rolleyes: We are driving in, and arriving about lunch time. We will spend the afternoon at DTD, dinner at Raglan Road then rest our weary bones in the hot tub while the kids swim. POR was logistically better. Part of me is disappointed, because I wanted to experience AoA, but my wallet is $100 happier ;)

I did it again. Booked a room only for AoA for our arrival night. Then POR came open yesterday. I changed again....go figure, lol :rolleyes: We are driving in, and arriving about lunch time. We will spend the afternoon at DTD, dinner at Raglan Road then rest our weary bones in the hot tub while the kids swim. POR was logistically better. Part of me is disappointed, because I wanted to experience AoA, but my wallet is $100 happier ;)

Probably a good choice that you switched;) No hot tub at AoA.

The boat to/from POR to DTD is nice too:)

Enjoy

Hello all!

Popping in for a minute before running errands.
DH has been gone for the last 10 days (hence my absence) but after 20 hours of overnight flying and rerouting around storms, he made it home and I have some sanity back!!!

I hope to catch up tonight but wanted to send thoughts to Sue - TKR is a huge thing and I know how hard it can be (my FIL has 2 new knees, my father 1, and my grandfather had 1). Recovery is slow but steady and I know it will be worth it in the end... rest up and think magical thoughts! Also, congrats to Kohl!!! Beyond jealous!

FP+ window opens next week - spent last night on phone with ILs trying to get their # days worked out so I can book... like herding cats!!!

Hope everyone else is well! ALOHA to the newbies! Welcome to the best little board on DIS!

Sooner than expected, but I changed from YC to Poly today using the magical deal. I never get pin codes and did not feel like playing the stalk Disney website game, the price was right so I jumped ship to a new hotel. Honestly my 9 days are now cheaper than the 6 day stay I am about to embark on.

Next I get to play the ADR game...usually I am pretty set but for the current trip I have made a ton of changes. For a time I was obsessed with using as much of my free DP as possible, them decided so long as all credits were used how much I used them for didn't matter. Maybe I will go back to meals sticking in 2015 trip.

Thanks for the welcomes!

I had to change my reservation from the Boardwalk Inn 1 bedroom to a Deluxe Villa at the Beach Club, is this a new category? Did they just change the name from Studio Villa to a Deluxe Villa to spiff up the name a little or is the room view a slight upgrade?
Can you choose a room view at the BCV?

I need some advice. We are booked at WL for this January. Just got a great deals with either the Poly or Boardwalk. Having never stayed at a deluxe resort I need some guidance. No park tickets for this 5 day trip because we are there to run. All my plans dining ect revolve around MK but the Poly construction is kind of scary plus we plan to use the pool if weather permits. Thoughts?

Sorry I have been MIA! DH's father has had some health issues and it's been a crazy around here. He will be ok, but it's been d-r-a-m-a! Also, my SIL has just announced they're expecting their first child and she's been posting on FB how she wants the "perfect" shower for the "perfect" baby. :headache: I cannot stand her and I think we'll just send her a package of diapers and call it good.

I need to go to Disney right now!;)

Nothing new on the trip front. We paid another 1/3 on the package and that feels good. Progress! :)

With the holidays fast approaching I feel like I can't keep up! One day at a time.

but will be happy to get my staples out Wednesday.
Replying again to check in on you Sue :hug:

POR sounds perfect for the night. AoA I think would work better for a longer stay...more room the kitchenette...the big blue pool! And 100 bucks is DTD money :goodvibes

Hello all!

Popping in for a minute before running errands.
DH has been gone for the last 10 days (hence my absence) but after 20 hours of overnight flying and rerouting around storms, he made it home and I have some sanity back!!! !
So happy DH is back home and good luck figuring out FP plans with the family?? Headaches still planning with everyone ?:flower3:

I had to change my reservation from the Boardwalk Inn 1 bedroom to a Deluxe Villa at the Beach Club, is this a new category? Did they just change the name from Studio Villa to a Deluxe Villa to spiff up the name a little or is the room view a slight upgrade?
Can you choose a room view at the BCV?
As far as I know you can only request the BCV view, but I'd definitely check out natebenma's Beach Club FAQ thread for clarification. You would think they would clarify whether the villa you booked is a studio or 1 BR...strange :confused3

ETA: I looked on the website, and it looks like the name for the studio is now a Deluxe studio :)

I need some advice. We are booked at WL for this January. Just got a great deals with either the Poly or Boardwalk. Having never stayed at a deluxe resort I need some guidance. No park tickets for this 5 day trip because we are there to run. All my plans dining ect revolve around MK but the Poly construction is kind of scary plus we plan to use the pool if weather permits. Thoughts?
For January I would do WL. Poly has major construction, and their main pool is closed for refurb. WL should have a spanking new pool area done in December I think. It's all under one roof if it's chilly. And WL is simply gorgeous! Since your trip is MK focused I would stay in the MK area. If the deal isn't that great of a savings over WL, I would stay put..and actually being a not-so-huge fan of the new BWI decor....I'd stay put anyway. That's JMHO, hope it helps!!!! And if you haven't already....check out Kook's WL FAQ thread :goodvibes

I am plugging a lot of threads today...:lmao:

:grouphug: my friends! I finished my TR, and it's been one month no changes...who am I???:rotfl:

Sorry I have been MIA! DH's father has had some health issues and it's been a crazy around here. He will be ok, but it's been d-r-a-m-a! Also, my SIL has just announced they're expecting their first child and she's been posting on FB how she wants the "perfect" shower for the "perfect" baby. :headache: I cannot stand her and I think we'll just send her a package of diapers and call it good.

Nothing new on the trip front. We paid another 1/3 on the package and that feels good. Progress! :)

With the holidays fast approaching I feel like I can't keep up! One day at a time.
HATE family drama, glad FIL will be okay :hug:

YAY for 1/3 PIF :cool1:

Me too! His family is definitely unique. (that's the nicest way for me to put it!)

I would keep the WL ressie, since your plans revolve around the MK. It's a beautiful resort. It is one of my family's two favorite resorts. I could easily sit in one of the rocking chairs by the lobby fireplace all day. Plus, I loved it all being under one roof.

I'm glad your fil will be ok. Congrats on the niece. Hopefully, the "perfect" thing is just the excitement of her first child and it won't last the rest of the child's life. I'm sorry you've been dealing with family drama. Fingers crossed that it is over. I've had 3 sil's, my brother's wife, my DH's sister, and my DH's brother's wife. The only one I truly like, is the only one that's still in the family. Which even if I didn't like her, I couldn't do anything about it since she is my DH's sister. My brother will hopefully get a divorce soon. He just keeps dragging his feet because he knows when he divorces her, she will lose health insurance and she keeps getting put back in mental institutes. Then my DH's brother's wife, well I tried. For years I tried to get to know her. It didn't matter what I did, but I think she just wanted my bil's family to be as screwed up as hers.

Yes, please. I'll just throw what I can into a backpack and we can go now.

WOO HOO!! :banana::banana: Any progress towards paying off a trip is good progress. Heck, I'm happy when I can even put a penny in the penny piggy bank to go toward my trip. I had to separate the pennies out of the Disney piggy bank since I have close to 700 of them. Heck, just between pennies and quarters, I have over 1,100 coins. I was just afraid it was getting to be too much weight on the piggy bank.

Between the approaching holidays and constant family drama, I feel the same way.

Me too! His family is definitely unique. (that's the nicest way for me to put it!)

I think I'm going to use that to describe my DH's family. Instead of the "well they're just bat droppings crazy". This week has been equal crazy that almost had us moving in with my bil at his house, so he could afford to keep it. When my DH asked me about it, before he would even say one word about what he wanted to talk about, he made me chug a Straw-ber-rita. I pulled out my laptop and made an Excel spreadsheet to show him that while it would be financially doable, it would be tight even using conservatively low numbers. I didn't want to be the one to say no, but I was able to say it in a way that he thought I was all for it, while making him come to the conclusion that it wouldn't be a good idea. He ended up taking the same approach with his brother. His brother, while he appreciated us being willing to do it to help, in the end thought it would be best to not do it. If we had decided to do it, we would have been moving this weekend.

As far as my trip goes, we changed and canceled some of the ADRs to help with the cost. Then, I fixed my Excel spreadsheet. I was counting the money in the banks once a week, and then putting the new total on a spreadsheet, so I would know how much money I had. Now, before I put any coins in the banks I update the number of coins. Say I had 690 pennies at last count and I'm adding 3 pennies to the penny piggy bank. Then I change the number of pennies to 693. Once I do that, it automatically calculates both how much money I have between the two piggy banks, and how much money I have left to save to have my bare minimum needed for the trip.

I'm glad your fil will be ok. Congrats on the niece. Hopefully, the "perfect" thing is just the excitement of her first child and it won't last the rest of the child's life. I'm sorry you've been dealing with family drama. Fingers crossed that it is over. I've had 3 sil's, my brother's wife, my DH's sister, and my DH's brother's wife. The only one I truly like, is the only one that's still in the family. Which even if I didn't like her, I couldn't do anything about it since she is my DH's sister. My brother will hopefully get a divorce soon. He just keeps dragging his feet because he knows when he divorces her, she will lose health insurance and she keeps getting put back in mental institutes. Then my DH's brother's wife, well I tried. For years I tried to get to know her. It didn't matter what I did, but I think she just wanted my bil's family to be as screwed up as hers.
Yes, please. I'll just throw what I can into a backpack and we can go now.
I'll bring some wine! :thumbsup2
WOO HOO!! :banana::banana: Any progress towards paying off a trip is good progress. Heck, I'm happy when I can even put a penny in the penny piggy bank to go toward my trip. I had to separate the pennies out of the Disney piggy bank since I have close to 700 of them. Heck, just between pennies and quarters, I have over 1,100 coins. I was just afraid it was getting to be too much weight on the piggy bank.

I think I'm going to use that to describe my DH's family. Instead of the "well they're just bat droppings crazy". This week has been equal crazy that almost had us moving in with my bil at his house, so he could afford to keep it. When my DH asked me about it, before he would even say one word about what he wanted to talk about, he made me chug a Straw-ber-rita. I pulled out my laptop and made an Excel spreadsheet to show him that while it would be financially doable, it would be tight even using conservatively low numbers. I didn't want to be the one to say no, but I was able to say it in a way that he thought I was all for it, while making him come to the conclusion that it wouldn't be a good idea. He ended up taking the same approach with his brother. His brother, while he appreciated us being willing to do it to help, in the end thought it would be best to not do it. If we had decided to do it, we would have been moving this weekend.

As far as my trip goes, we changed and canceled some of the ADRs to help with the cost. Then, I fixed my Excel spreadsheet. I was counting the money in the banks once a week, and then putting the new total on a spreadsheet, so I would know how much money I had. Now, before I put any coins in the banks I update the number of coins. Say I had 690 pennies at last count and I'm adding 3 pennies to the penny piggy bank. Then I change the number of pennies to 693. Once I do that, it automatically calculates both how much money I have between the two piggy banks, and how much money I have left to save to have my bare minimum needed for the trip.
-She is what I call a "one upper" and for some reason she's always wanted to out do me. So, because she's also having a girl, she feels the need to let everyone know how gorgeous and sweet her baby will be. She has this idea that BIL will be the "official" diaper changer and she doesn't want to be a part of that. :rolleyes: She also doesn't want to touch the baby when she's born because she might have "goop" on her. Well guess what, in the moment you won't care what is on her, and hopefully you won't be able to contain the joy that a new baby brings! I'm just hoping she'll understand my choices and decisions I've made since becoming a parent, and quit criticizing what I choose to do.

- Oh yeah, ideally I'd like to be paid off by the time we make ADR's. However if we choose to go with a DVC rental that's another story. I won't know till February.

- I knew that DH's family was unique and when we were dating I found it to be quirky and fun. However, now with the addition of inlaws, it adds another dimension for sure. Thankfully his parents are great and can sometimes understand my frustrations.

TGIF!!!

No changes, been waiting for GP discount to come out so I can book POR x10 days in Jan. 1/21-1/31 5 days with GP discount, hope AP comes out, then next 5 with another discount! ❤️ POR and looking forward to returning.

Me update I've had a total knee replacement on 1/29. Was in hospital for 5 days. Now home recovering. I haven't been online on the boards, still having lots of pain. But thought I'd drop by briefly to say hi. Too much to catch up on, can't even try, will be dropping in periodically. Wednesday I get my staples out, and also have my first out patient Physio Assesment at local hospital, which is closer to get to then the hospital I had my surgery at.

Been thinking of you Sue and hope the appt went well and that you are feeling better every day. :flower3:

Will catch up later, BUT for those who didn't see it on FB...I got the Disney TA job!! I'll let you all know when I get everything set up and rolling! ;-)

:woohoo: Congrats Krystal!

Disney math! I've found my math expertise. :rotfl2:

Math is always fun when it involves Disney! :goodvibes

Disney

We leave two weeks from today. Can't wait for our Florida adventures. :beach:
The magic bands went into my carry on today! :cheer2:
Sending hugs to all the RC friends. :grouphug:

Hugs Ginny! I know today marks the one week mark! YEAH!! I'm SO happy for you my friend -- that you have this fabulous trip coming up. Can't wait till you are there enjoying yourselves and celebrating...please send me a pix or two when you have time.

I hope so! It will strange not to have DH there but I think we will have a great time. I'm hoping that maybe he and my dad can join us for our beach portion of the trip.

You will have a blast!

Hello all! I hope everyone is doing well and planning is moving along.

To everyone else - *HUGS* and hope life is good!

:wave2: hello to you as well! Sorry that you are still in limbo not knowing the details of your departure for Japan. Just keep doing what you are doing, and keep reading up on the Universal/Disney Japan. :)

and a for your "friend" ... Ginny summed that up well. Don't extend yourself, be friendly but be busy when she needs a favor. It doesn't sound like she values your friendship.

No really big changes about the girls only trip. We canceled some ADRs to lower the cost to help me keep the trip. Hopefully, we shaved enough off. Our t-shirts were shipped on Saturday, and I can't wait to get them.

Good to read Kim. :flower3:

I hope everyone is doing well. JM is still trying to convince my DH that we really need to go to WDW this next year to take my bil's son since he's has such a bad year this year. I don't disagree with the kid at all.

This is sound reasoning! :goodvibes JM has a great plan. :thumbsup2

As Pas posted, I'd stick with WL .. Its beautiful and so comforting with its beautiful lobby, fireplaces, and rocking chairs.

:yay:

Sorry for the family drama...seems we can't get away from it. Tune her out. Thankful that FIL will be okay.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a big Hello to all I've missed!! Life of a marching band mom is crazy!! but so much fun!!!

Life is good, janetb is on the DIS today :grouphug:

Our Hannah is getting married in WDW (LillianGracey...one of our older RCers not older she could be my daughter but you get it :lmao:):love:

And is Ginny packing ;)

Can't forget Sue....:hug:

Life is good, janetb is on the DIS today :grouphug:

Our Hannah is getting married in WDW (LillianGracey...one of our older RCers not older she could be my daughter but you get it :lmao:):love:

She was such a gorgeous bride! They looked so happy...a very sweet, magical wedding. :love: I am sure we had a few RCers misty eyed watching our Hannah today. :goodvibes

She was such a gorgeous bride! They looked so happy...a very sweet, magical wedding. :love: I am sure we had a few RCers misty eyed watching our Hannah today. :goodvibes

She was absolutely beautiful, a Disney Princess princess: I was definitely teary-eyed :grouphug:

Touching base with my sweet RC friends.
I have some very sad news. My dear brother died today. Of course, we will be going to be with his dear family.
Reservations and guest services were so kind and helpful with canceling all our reservations.
It is a hard time, and I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Ginny
Oh, Ginny this is terrible news and I know I speak for everyone when I say how sorry we are for your loss. I know you and DH were so looking forward to this much needed trip. You and your brother's family are in our thoughts and prayers. Did your dear brother ever have the chance to visit Disney World? When you are able to go back, I think a Disney tribute to him would be so nice:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter