As requested: the recipes from my signature

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
Patty had asked about the pictures in my signature so I looked up the recipes. To be honest I've never made either one, but I have made similar things.

The first picture is called the Almost Flourless Chocolate Cake.

Ingredients:
12 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces

3/4 cup sugar

4 large eggs

4 large egg yolks

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan. Stir chocolate and butter in large wide metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Using electric stand mixer and whisk attachment, beat sugar, eggs, egg yolks, vanilla and salt in large bowl until very thick ribbon falls when attachment is lifted, about 8 minutes. Sift flour over egg mixture, then fold in. Fold egg mixture into cooled chocolate mixture. Transfer batter to prepared pan.

Bake cake until top is puffed and cracked and tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 50 minutes.

Using small knife, cut around pan sides to loosen cake. Cool cake in pan on rack (cake will fall). Remove pan sides. Transfer cake to platter. Sift cocoa powder over cake and serve.

The second picture is called Molten Chocolate Babycakes. It's from James McNair. Here's a copy of it:

Ingredients:
Creme Anglaise

12 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped

3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature

2/3 cup granulated sugar

1/8 teaspoon salt

4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten

1/2 cup cake flour

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Gold leaf for garnish, optional

Powdered sugar for dusting, if not using gold leaf

Mango and raspberry purees, optional

Prepare the Creme Anglaise and refrigerate as directed until serving.

Position the oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Butter six 6-ounce custard cups or souffle dishes. Set aside.

Melt the chocolate and set aside to cool slightly.

Combine the butter, granulated sugar, salt and eggs in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer at medium speed, or mix in a food processor, until well blended. Add the flour and blend well. Add the vanilla and cooled chocolate. Blend until smooth.

Divide the batter evenly among the prepared baking dishes. Smooth the surfaces with a small rubber spatula. Place on a baking sheet, transfer to the oven, and bake until the tops are well puffed, about 17 minutes.

Remove the baking dishes to a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes, then run a thin knife blade around the sides of each cake and invert directly onto individual serving plates. Top each cake with a sheet of gold leaf or lightly sift a little powdered sugar over the tops of the cakes. Spoon a portion of the Crème Anglaise around each cake, then add dollops of mango and raspberry purees (if using) and swirl with a wooden skewer.

Creme Anglaise recipes:
2 cups whole milk or half-and-half

1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise ( optional)

5 egg yolks, at room temperature

1/2 cup sugar

Pinch of salt

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract ( if not using vanilla bean)

In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk or half-and-half and vanilla bean (if using). Place over medium heat and bring almost to the boiling point, them remove from the heat. If using a vanilla bean, using the tip of a small, sharp knife, scrape the seeds into the milk and stir to combine; discard the bean.

In another heavy saucepan, combine the egg yolks, sugar, and salt and whisk until creamy. Gradually whisk in the hot milk or half-and-half. Place over low heat and cook, stirring constantly, just until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon ( your finger should leave a trail when you run it across the spoon), about 5 minutes. To prevent the eggs from overcooking or curdling, do not allow the mixture to approach a boil.

Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl. If not using a vanilla bean, stir the vanilla extract into the sauce.

Serve warm, or set aside to cool to room temperature, stirring frequently to prevent a skin from forming on the surface.

Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or for up to 3 days.

Both recipes came from www.cooking.com.

See Beth, there you go again!! ;) Thanks for taking the time to do this! I know everyone drools over your signature!

:D

Thank you so much for taking the time to look these up! I really appreciate it! Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter