As long as it’s a Fanny pack it’s good?

Kerrio929

Mouseketeer
Headed down next week and trying to make things as simple as possible. We are debating bringing one larger backpack with a change of clothes for everyone (2 adults and 3 teens) and leaving that in a pay locker. Then have the ladies wear Fanny pack style crossbody on rides that allow them, to hold phones, wallets, sunglasses etc. (Can someone clarify what a 3 prong Fanny pack is?)
Does this sound plausible?

Yes, it's a fanny pack with a 3-prong plastic clasp. I have one that holds very securely.

Think of the ocean god Poseidon's trident. The clasp looks like that and slides into a plastic boxlike enclosure open at one end.

Yes, it's a fanny pack with a 3-prong plastic clasp. I have one that holds very securely.

Think of the ocean god Poseidon's trident. The clasp looks like that.
Good lord I am dumb sometimes. 🤣 I definitely should’ve figured that out

Thank you!

Just be aware that nothing is allowed on Hulk, Velocicoaster or Rip Ride Rockit other than a lanyard - those have metal detectors & free lockers outside the rides - or in the case of VC, just before you get on the ride.

If stuff fits in pockets, that works the same as the fanny pack (in that you only need the lockers for Hulk / RRR / Velocicoaster).
Hijacking the OPS question for a minute. We are going to be first time Univeral visitors later this week. (8 days at Portofino). My wife is freaking out over the bag\locker policy worrying we are going to have issues. Regarding the fanny packs. So if I'm reading right, OTHER than Hulk/RRR and Velocicoaster you don't have to use lockers if you are using a fanny pack? (She won't ride those anyway).

If I can add on that question. For anyone that buys the park\freestyle drink cup. How do you handle those on rides? Is there a place to put them when riding even rides other than the 3 aforementioned coasters?

So if I'm reading right, OTHER than Hulk/RRR and Velocicoaster you don't have to use lockers if you are using a fanny pack? (She won't ride those anyway).
Correct

Is there a place to put them when riding even rides other than the 3 aforementioned coasters?
The freestyle refillable mugs can be emptied then laid on their side in the free lockers on all rides that offer lockers. We don’t use the mugs as we mainly drink water but it seems like many locker areas have a little rinse station if needed for those mugs before placing in the locker.

There are also lockers for Gringotts, MiB, Mummy, Forbidden Journey, (I might be forgetting some,) where you'll need to put loose articles, bags, refillable mugs, whatever you're carrying. LIke I carry a large backback and squish it down to fit in the lockers on those. Lockers are not a big deal, sometimes a bit of a pain when they're way off to the side, but it just becomes part of the routine/experience. Freestyle cups would need to be empty and laid down on the sides.
hope y'all have a great trip!!! 8 nights at Portofino sound wonderful!!!

My wife is freaking out over the bag\locker policy worrying we are going to have issues.
The lockers are not a big deal at all. I take the same small crossbody bag to the parks that I use in my day to day life and I never had a problem fitting the bag into the locker. I never felt like I was wasting too much time using the locker. The lockers are either right next to the ride, or practically part of the line to get into the ride.

The worst locker related thing that happened to me is that I rememerbed which section my locker was in, but not the exact number. A team member was able to help. Also, it is worth noting that they have a new system that does not require you to remember your locker number. You scan your ticket and the locker opens.

Lockers are not a big deal, sometimes a bit of a pain when they're way off to the side, but it just becomes part of the routine/experience

I completely agree. People make using lockers a much bigger deal than it needs to be.

I was totally freaking out about lockers. We have done them and they aren’t a big deal. Just don’t leave ticket/ticket on phone in the locker. (Not that it is a personal experience of mine 😇). I do carry a small crossbody bag that gets me on most rides though. If I don’t have to use a locker I won’t.

Glad I spotted this thread, Been wondering the same about a small bag and lockers. So ordered an emergency Fanny pack !. Hope it fits my water bottle in it

Someone posted a pic of the 3 prong enclosure for the fanny packs back in this thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fanny-pack-with-three-prong-closure-current-status.3404302/

The lockers are not a big deal. The only issue is the families where the whole group/family tries to all go to the locker and crowds around it blocking the area for everyone else. Gringott's is the worst since it's such a narrow area.

Be a little prepared. Throw everything in the bag on the way to the ride and then one person can go put the backpack and cups in the locker. It isn't rocket surgery. Once you've done it at a few rides, it's not big deal at all. Frankly, it's nice to get the backpack off my back for part of the day. No reason to carry it all day in every line.

This made me wonder… must the fanny pack (which I definitely prefer to refer to as a waist pack) be worn around your waist on the rides?

I’ve always worn mine as a crossbody in the park and moved it to my waist for the rides. I never thought to just leave it across my chest on the ride. Does anyone know if that’s allowed on rides where only a fanny pack is allowed?

This made me wonder… must the fanny pack (which I definitely prefer to refer to as a waist pack) be worn around your waist on the rides?

I’ve always worn mine as a crossbody in the park and moved it to my waist for the rides. I never thought to just leave it across my chest on the ride. Does anyone know if that’s allowed on rides where only a fanny pack is allowed?

I have worn small crossbody on MIB, Mummy and Gringots with no issue. I havent tried on any of the others.

I’ve always had them insist that the pack be around my waist but YMMV. I personally hate messing with the lockers so my daughter and I use Fanny packs while my husband uses cargo shorts.

I’ve always had them insist that the pack be around my waist but YMMV. I personally hate messing with the lockers so my daughter and I use Fanny packs while my husband uses cargo shorts.
Same here - & they've actually checked/verified that it's a 3-prong clasp several times, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter