Artist's Point -- Has anyone Had the Chef Special?

Disney_Freak56

DIS Veteran
Thought I had read that Artist Point had a chef special that entitled the guest to a salad, soup, entree, and a dessert for approximately $55. Has anyone taken advantage of this or is it even still available?

Was thinking hubby and I would do this and just add on one more entree -- one of us would have the soup, the other the salad, and then split the dessert.

Thoughts?

Mary W
:earsgirl: and :earsboy:

We just went last night and they print the special on the back of the menu. Let me go get it...

Ok, it says "$47 per person"

Includes:

Portobello soup

Salad choice of: Bibb lettuce salad or frisee salad

Entree choice of: Grilled beef tenderloin, grilled buffalo sirloin, or the cedar plank salmon

Dessert choice of: berry cobbler or coffee two ways.

We saw the table next to us get this plan, and they were given smaller soups and desserts than the normal size.

You could split it, but it depends on how light/heavy of an eater both of you guys are.

I'll be posting a full review with pictures when I have the time. It unfortunately didn't live up to our expectations. It was good, but not wonderful. The soup was awesome, though.

the chef's special does not have to be ordered by everyone dining at the table. right? also, does the cost include non-alcoholic beverages? thanks:tongue:

Originally posted by disney queen
the chef's special does not have to be ordered by everyone dining at the table. right? also, does the cost include non-alcoholic beverages? thanks:tongue:

No, it doesn't have to be ordered by everyone, and it also does not include any beverages.

Honestly, calculating the prices out including smaller portions, it really doesn't save any money. :/ You can select the same things from the menu and get larger portions and it's only a couple dollars more.

I ordered it a few nights ago... it was great! :) $47 for soup, salad, entree, and dessert. I chose the bibb salad, salmon, and cobbler... all were fantastic (as usual). :) The only negative was our incredibly slow service. We sat down at 6:15 and didn't get out of there until about 8:30. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but our two children were going bonkers to get up.

My husband and I both had the chef's special on our trip (my birthday) in February. We each got something different and ended up sampling lots of food! The berry cobbler is to die for! We also applied our DVC Discount and got the meal for even less. They ended up discounting our adult beverages as well, even though they were not suppose to. The only downside was the number of young children in the restaurant. We had dinner at 6:00 that night, but next time we'll go after 8:00 or so. I would recommend the menu!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter