artist point

dansyr

I'm a loser
Hi
We are looking to try a couple of new restaurants on our upcoming trip. Looking at the menus I decided on Artist point.
Does anyone have any reviews or tips for this restaurant. I know it is at Wilderness lodge....is it difficult to get too? We'll probably head over there after MK or Epcot.

LOVED Artist Point. Food is very good! The smoked portabello mushroom soup is TO DIE FOR! We are going there again on our upcoming trip. Can't wait!!

It's easy to get to from MK...just take the boat to WL.

excellent place, had the signature cedar plank salmon, it was everything i expected, took dw there for birthday on april 03 trip, called ahead for ps, mentioned birthday , she got a souvenir menue with her name and happy birthday printed on bottom and they gave us the berry cobbler as a bday present, the cobbler is another reason to go there, just boat on over from mk, easiest way i think to get there

Hi,

This is good to hear. :) Mom & I are going here in May. That soup sounds so good!!!

Allison

Great restaurant. Tried it in Feb 2004. Both the valet and the waiter recommended the buffalo steak, so I tried it and it was awesome! Nice wine list too, with a focus on wines of Washington and Oregon. This was our first trip there and it is defintiely on the "must do" list for future trips.

We ate there the last two trips this year and it now ranks in our top 5!

The Buffalo Steak is awesome, the Pork Chops were great and the beef tenderloin fantastic...And deserts (oh my)!

Plus the service was impeccable. Very courteous but outgoingly friendly without being a bother.
pirate:

Mushroom soup was so good!!!, we ask and received the recipe right from the chef. Tried it at home, needless to say, it was just OK. Great place nice and wide open.

we went there for our anniversary in november. it was fantastic!

the service was excellent, definately 5 star ::yes::. if you're not sure about the wine, they have pairings or ask your waiter for a recommendation.

i had the salmon, and dh the buffalo. both fantastic. i believe we had a venison spring roll for starters.

i wasn't aware, but dh told them when he made the ps that it was our anniversary, and they printed 'happy anniversary mr. and mrs. ****' on our menus!

dh also had a cake ordered. it was a very special night.

AP is our favorite restaurant now. Ate there last August and it was terrific. Very easy to get to. Just grab a bus to WL!! The beef tenderloin was out of this world. Dh had the buffalo and loved it. Everything about it was good.

I will echo all the previous posters and say that this is a wonderful restaurant. We've eaten there twice, and both times the food and service have been great. They have good wines, ask the server for suggestions, they are pretty knowledgeable.

We recommend the buffalo and salmon, as well as the fresh berry cobbler with homemade cinnamon ice cream for dessert (heavenly!).

Thanks for the reviews...
Artist point will be a definite on our list of restaurants now !!!

One of our favorite restaurants since it opened.

We were just there again a couple weeks ago. Food and service still wonderful. I like the new one price, menu offering...$47 for 4 courses..and you get to choose. Very nice.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by webray
I like the new one price, menu offering...$47 for 4 courses..and you get to choose. Very nice.

OOH! Culd you tell me a little about this? I'll be there in two weeks celebrating the end of some killer certification exams (AP is my celebratory dinner after the exams are finished), and this sounds just wonderful!

Went to AP last July and it's now on the top of my list!! I had the cedar plank salmon because I had heard so much about it. This was pretty brave of me because I'm not usually a salmon fan. It was heavenly!! The best salmon I've ever eaten and I've made several trips to Portland and the Northwest is suppose to be the best for that sort of thing. My husband had the buffalo and liked it a lot. The kids had pork chops and chicken and liked both, especially the pork chop. We did the wine pairings and the waiters were very helpful here. We had mussels, venison rolls, and rabbit sausage for appetizers. All were pretty good, especially the mussels. I don't remember exactly what the dessert was that I got but I remember it was warm and chocolate and I felt like I had died and gone to heaven when I was eating it. :tongue: This restaurant is a must do now for every trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter