Art of Animation Resort Suites

Darcy03231

DIS Veteran
Is there a door to the bedroom? I looked at various pictures and can't tell. Also, just double checking, there's 2 bathrooms, right?

Yes to both questions! We love the suites for the second bathroom and a separate bedroom.

There is a door to the bedroom.
There are 2 bathrooms. One bathroom is in the main area and the other bathroom is within the bedroom area.
The main area bathroom has sink and classic shower/tub combo plus toilet. The bedroom area bathroom has walk in shower, sink, and toilet.

Just because it has not been mentioned, the front room has a pull-out sofa and a drop down murphy bed. The units are set up to sleep 6. We thought there would be a lot of noise from the hall - there was not. The food court and the lobby are very nice. Everyone raves about the big blue pool but I found that to be the one thing we were disappointed with. It was crowded and it doesn't have a slide. We could not find a deck chair and got bored after about an hour. The buses were great when we were there but that was pre-gondola and the latest changes to the buses to DHS and EPCOT. With the frequency of lightening closing down the gondolas that may be a deal-breaker for us. Otherwise, LOVED AoA!

Thank you! I looked a lots of pictures and videos and just couldn't figure out if there was a door!

We currently have two rooms books at Sports and were thinking of changing over to AOA. After a lot of back and forth I think we're going to stick with the reservation we have. I love the theming of AOA, but it looks like the Big Blue pool will be closed while we're there and the gondola issues have me concerned.

Just because it has not been mentioned, the front room has a pull-out sofa and a drop down murphy bed. The units are set up to sleep 6. We thought there would be a lot of noise from the hall - there was not. The food court and the lobby are very nice. Everyone raves about the big blue pool but I found that to be the one thing we were disappointed with. It was crowded and it doesn't have a slide. We could not find a deck chair and got bored after about an hour. The buses were great when we were there but that was pre-gondola and the latest changes to the buses to DHS and EPCOT. With the frequency of lightening closing down the gondolas that may be a deal-breaker for us. Otherwise, LOVED AoA!
And what IS THE FREQUENCY of lightening closing down the Gondolas?

And what IS THE FREQUENCY of lightening closing down the Gondolas?
GOndolas are subject to electrical storm shut-downs just like Test Track has always been. You can pretty much count on the gondolas being shut down at least part of every afternoon during the summer - just like Test Track.

GOndolas are subject to electrical storm shut-downs just like Test Track has always been. You can pretty much count on the gondolas being shut down at least part of every afternoon during the summer - just like Test Track.
So, what you stated as fact - the Frequency of gondola shut downs - is actually speculation at this point. You maybe correct but nobody KNOWS At this point.
I believe it is important to differentiate fact from opinion.

My family and I just returned from our WDW vacation. We stayed at AoA, a suite, this is our fourth time staying there. If you decide to stay there I recommend either the Cars or Nemo buildings for the shortest walks to the gondolas, food court & bus stop.
I would add that the Skyliner gondolas are amazing...they are fast, efficient & lots of fun! (It's like a park ride that takes you to the rides!)
The only thing that I didn't like this trip was that Disney has started switching out carpeting in the rooms with linoleum...it's everywhere, the bathrooms, kitchen, bedrooms, living room....it's a very cold atmosphere...I understand it makes housekeeping easier...but it's certainly not a homey atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter