• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Art of Animation Resort or Port Orleans French Quarter?

PROFSKMAC

Earning My Ears
I am going back to WDW for the first time in 7 years and it will just be me and my 14 year old daughter. We have stayed at POFQ before and loved it, but I am also intrigued by the AOAR. Any thoughts?

We really enjoyed a stay at AoA last year. For just two of you you'll want to get a studio, and those are only in the Little Mermaid section. Some people will tell you this section is just, like, so far, and like, OMG your feet will fall off. (It is a bit of a hike, don't get me wrong, but a drop in the bucket of your overall Disney walking.) Also, going to the LM section allows you to walk through the Lion King section, which is nicely done.

The pool is really nicely themed and just overall everything about the resort is really neat looking. Very immersive and fun.

POFQ is an entirely different vibe. We like it, too, but if you've already stayed there and want something different, AoA is a pretty safe bet.

Some people will tell you this section is just, like, so far, and like, OMG your feet will fall off. (It is a bit of a hike, don't get me wrong, but a drop in the bucket of your overall Disney walking.)

That won't bother us. I am a teacher and during my summer breaks we live in China, so I can teach at a university there. For the past three years we have gone to Shanghai Disneyland and stayed at their toy story resort. But that park, even though it is just one, is HUGE. we walked like 18 miles a day while we were there. Not to mention you just walk all the time in China anyway lol.

Thanks for the advice. I think that's what we will do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter