Art of Animation in every category?

KissMickey4U?

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
I always wanted to ask hard core Disney fans if they had any idea why Disney never made an Art of Animation type of resort in every category? Especially after the 90s era, the only total Disney animation themed resorts have only been a value resort. I know that AoA pricing is closer to a moderate but I just wondered why they never made at least one totally kid themed resort in every category. The deluxe could’ve been the older disney movies such as Snow White, sleeping beauty, etc. AoA is extremely popular and it appeals to kids and adults and especially adults with their kids in mind for vacation. Is Disney afraid they will not sell? I understand that the resorts are all themed in someway based on Disney movies but not like AoA or even all star movies resort. Now they are doing a total Star Wars resort so i guess they are slowly leaning that way but i just always wondered that. I love the resorts they have But i would love to stay in a true moderate or deluxe art of animation resort with my kids.

I think deluxe hotels give you an escape to an area. GF as a luxury beach resort, the poly as a fake Hawaii, Saratoga springs as a New York country side type resort, etc.

I’m not sure how you could do a higher level AoA type resort. There would be no food court like they have. You’d have finer dining. Most things would be more confined or connected. No large Disney figures throughout the resort.

Personally I like how the moderates and deluxes aren’t all Disney characters but rather have smaller Disney character touches throughout.

Well i was just using AoA as an example but not look exactly like AoA. More upscale. But that’s what I mean though a total disney character theme resort with deluxe amenities such as not a food court but a nice total Disney movie themed fine dining. Maybe a restaurant with Aladdin or even frozen. Frozen could start off looking like you are eating in an ice castle then by the end everything has melted. I’m sure the imagineers could turn disney characters into fine dining. And not necessarily over sized figures but very well themed areas that make it look like you stepped into the movie. I know that it would not appeal to everyone that why I figure they would only do one in each category but i see a lot of adults staying at AoA alone and families with kids so I figure it work in other categories as well

might be a weird comparison, but Disney Cruise Line almost seems like a "Deluxe Art of Animation" - it is like over the top Disney (Disney music playing in halls, pictures everywhere, characters everywhere, hyper themed restaurants, etc.)

So I suppose you could do something that was at the level of DCL as a resort and it could work
I'd love to see something like Animators Palate at WDW.

I think deluxe hotels give you an escape to an area. GF as a luxury beach resort, the poly as a fake Hawaii, Saratoga springs as a New York country side type resort, etc.

I’m not sure how you could do a higher level AoA type resort. There would be no food court like they have. You’d have finer dining. Most things would be more confined or connected. No large Disney figures throughout the resort.

Personally I like how the moderates and deluxes aren’t all Disney characters but rather have smaller Disney character touches throughout.

Once again, rteetz gets it right.

Not everything has to be "Disney-fied" in Disney World. Ok, you want to take a Disney movie that has a lot of Norwegian influence in it and replace a fairly unpopular ride with it? Sure that makes sense. But adding Disney to hotels just to make it more Disney makes no sense. I mean, is anyone really complaining about the theming in places like The Poly, the Grand, Wilderness Lodge, AKL, Port Orleans? There's a couple little touches of Disney in each one, but it's not overbearing, and the resorts are able to rest on their own identifies.

Walt Disney World is more than just forcing the movies in every nook and crevice.

Not everything has to be "Disney-fied" in Disney World. Ok, you want to take a Disney movie that has a lot of Norwegian influence in it and replace a fairly unpopular ride with it? Sure that makes sense. But adding Disney to hotels just to make it more Disney makes no sense. I mean, is anyone really complaining about the theming in places like The Poly, the Grand, Wilderness Lodge, AKL, Port Orleans? There's a couple little touches of Disney in each one, but it's not overbearing, and the resorts are able to rest on their own identifies.

Walt Disney World is more than just forcing the movies in every nook and crevice.

Fully agree - but those you cite truly give you a sense of immersion and are not just regular hotel rooms - i think that is what people want more than anything

I do get the idea of something that is more Disney-fied but still high end - but done in a more "classy" way (why I brought up the Disney Cruise Line comparison)

No I understand that. I’m not complaining about the theming of any of the resorts. I just said i always wondered why they never did an upscale “Disney-fied” resort rather than them being only a value resort. My dream resort to stay is the Polynesian so I’m not against the other resorts at all. Like i said i get not everyone would like it but they are making a full Star Wars theme resort and predict it to be very popular. I also understand that Disney is not all about the animation but there are people out there that are disney animation fans. I am one of them i would love to stay in a resort like that but with deleuxe amenities and restaurants. It was just an idea.

Fully agree - but those you cite truly give you a sense of immersion and are not just regular hotel rooms - i think that is what people want more than anything

I do get the idea of something that is more Disney-fied but still high end - but done in a more "classy" way (why I brought up the Disney Cruise Line comparison)

Yes Disney Cruise line is a great example. They are able to incorporate characters in an over the top but also classy way.

No I understand that. I’m not complaining about the theming of any of the resorts. I just said i always wondered why they never did an upscale “Disney-fied” resort rather than them being only a value resort. My dream resort to stay is the Polynesian so I’m not against the other resorts at all. Like i said i get not everyone would like it but they are making a full Star Wars theme resort and predict it to be very popular. I also understand that Disney is not all about the animation but there are people out there that are disney animation fans. I am one of them i would love to stay in a resort like that but with deleuxe amenities and restaurants. It was just an idea.

Yeah I totally get what you’re saying. And I’m sure it would be awesome have an upscale “Disney” hotel. But I think there’s so many other ideas they could do before that. Two of Walt’s original ideas for hotels in Florida was a Persian and an Asian-themed hotel. Those seem incredibly interesting and more creative than a Disney hotel.

That being said I would be the first to book a stay there. And I don’t know if you’ve ever been to Disneyland but I’ve only heard great things about the Disneyland Hotel. It seems right up your alley.

Yeah I totally get what you’re saying. And I’m sure it would be awesome have an upscale “Disney” hotel. But I think there’s so many other ideas they could do before that. Two of Walt’s original ideas for hotels in Florida was a Persian and an Asian-themed hotel. Those seem incredibly interesting and more creative than a Disney hotel.

That being said I would be the first to book a stay there. And I don’t know if you’ve ever been to Disneyland but I’ve only heard great things about the Disneyland Hotel. It seems right up your alley.

Some of ththe Asian parks have hotels with some over the top but still fancy Disneyfied rooms as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter