Arriving just after dates for free dining plan

markkelly

Earning My Ears
Would like to go to Disney next year but the black out dates kick in when I would like to go.....given that it would be cheaper to pay for a couple of extra nigthts compared to the cost of dining plan has anyone any idea if we would be able to book the hotel for 2 days before actually arriving to qualify for free dining for the remainder of the stay?

Several years ago we checked in on the last day of free dining and got it free for the following two week trip but we did actually check into the hotel so not sure if that makes a difference?

In theory, you could check in online if you have a MB attached to your MDE, and it'll give you your room number. Couldn't tell you for 100% if they'd cancel your stay if you didn't go unlock the room

If you don't show there is a good chance they will cancel the whole booking.

If you don't qualify for free dining you might be better waiting for a room discount.

If you don't show there is a good chance they will cancel the whole booking.

If you don't qualify for free dining you might be better waiting for a room discount.

Do you expect to to be discounted nearer the time? Prices seem to have gone up quite a bit from last year but I am not familiar enough to know the general chain of events one dining is released and prices etc

They usually have room discount or free nights offer at the start of the year in the Uk for travel the same year.

Also look at the US offers they come out closer to travel - mousesavers.com has a good history of US offers.

I booked a Disney room a few years back which we didn't use. It was just one night - but they had no idea we hadn't actually been to the room. Why would they cancel your booking? They get their money, that's what they care about surely..... You could ring on your supposed check in day to say you've been delayed but will still be arriving. The free dining offer is to promote people to book and pay for rooms. Once you've paid, you've kept your end of the deal I'd have thought? Different story to the old days where you booked a hotel room but paid nothing until you got there. Understandable that they would give your room away in those circumstances, bird in the hand type argument.

Sencybil.

I actually know of somebody who did this, called up the hotel the night of check in and said they missed there flight,band wouldn't be there until the next day,
They kept free dining as the room was still paid for.
Obviously things happen put of our Control all the time and disney are great about it

Yes Disney has your money. But one could argue that disney could/should have got even more money from you if you played by the rules. ( and that's the reason for booking with a false arrival date : not paying the price you should have paid for your stay)

I'm not judging, but I understood Elise79's reply as a clever and friendly way to remind that we're not allowed to discuss ways of circumventig the system. And we can discuss until the end of time about right and wrong, it's really about bending rules.

Now, it's highly unlikely that disney would cancel a trip if the guest calls to say they have a delayed flight
In OP's case they would need to call to say that they are delayed for 2 days. I'm sure disney would be fine about this

Now what happens if OP really miss their flight ?
Hello we're 2 days late but guess what, we'll need another day to get there.

Disney's great at customer service, but even the strongest chain might break if you pull it hard enough

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter