Arriving & entering mk at 8am

married2mm

DIS Veteran
how are the crowds an hour before park opening?

How is Main Street?

Are there still good castle photo opportunities?

We have a be our guest reservation at 8.25am-what time will be allowed through?

Im concerned as a previous post stated it was chaotic upon entering for a ppo ADR...

how are the crowds an hour before park opening?

1 How is Main Street?

2 Are there still good castle photo opportunities?

3 We have a be our guest reservation at 8.25am-what time will be allowed through?

Im concerned as a previous post stated it was chaotic upon entering for a ppo ADR...

1 depends on the day is it EMH or none is it a holiday or not. is it the weekend or not. and so on

2 you will not get an empty street behind you any more

3, You will be allowed in close to 8 o'clock might be a little before might be a little after.

You can get set at BOG at 8 o clock I would do this as if you are done you can get to 7DMT ( most of the time) before the rope drop people do.

Would you/could you describe Main Street at this time please?
what do you want to know? how things work like you are let in the touch points a little before 8 held at the train station then you are let in I believe if you have an ADR you go to your right ( at the castle) and they scanned your band and you are let in and you go to your ADR. are you concerend about the crowds? this dpends on a number of things like time of year EMH weekdays or weekends. You will not miss your ADR if you plane on getting there ( at BOG) at 8 am and they will set your early. You will not get an empty shot of you and your family infront of the castle ( toses days are now gone)

Or do you want to know how main street is, Main street is just like any other day people are walking on it taking pictures and trying to get to where they want to go

what do you want to know? how things work like you are let in the touch points a little before 8 held at the train station then you are let in I believe if you have an ADR you go to your right ( at the castle) and they scanned your band and you are let in and you go to your ADR. are you concerend about the crowds? this dpends on a number of things like time of year EMH weekdays or weekends. You will not miss your ADR if you plane on getting there ( at BOG) at 8 am and they will set your early. You will not get an empty shot of you and your family infront of the castle ( toses days are now gone)

Or do you want to know how main street is, Main street is just like any other day people are walking on it taking pictures and trying to get to where they want to go

Thanks very much for your reply.

I'm not really sure what exactly I want to know!!
Dd has not been since 2005, is desperate for photos and to go to the beasts castle.

Arriving around 8am and getting into MK isn't bad or chaotic. I love being at MK at opening. Crowd level as mentioned will vary based on time of year, events, EMH, etc. But what happens is everyone usually gets to the hub and watches the castle show and then they have each land closed off until the park actually opens. You can certainly get in before 8am w/ an 8:25am ADR and you will be allowed into Fantasyland before everyone on a 9am opening day. Always fun. Make sure you pre-order your breakfast as that will save you time at BOG and get you back out to the rides.

Arriving around 8am and getting into MK isn't bad or chaotic. I love being at MK at opening. Crowd level as mentioned will vary based on time of year, events, EMH, etc. But what happens is everyone usually gets to the hub and watches the castle show and then they have each land closed off until the park actually opens. You can certainly get in before 8am w/ an 8:25am ADR and you will be allowed into Fantasyland before everyone on a 9am opening day. Always fun. Make sure you pre-order your breakfast as that will save you time at BOG and get you back out to the rides.

That's great info thanks.
Dd can't wait!

Btw-day 1 is late April on a Thursday. :stitch::simba::dumbo:

In general they do not consider what time your ADR is, if it is PPO they let you all in at one time. In our experience around 7:45. We go directly to the castle and check in. Lots of people stop for pictures so go ahead if that is important to you. Be sure to pre order your breakfast ahead of time. When you get into the park it’s crystal clear where to go for which breakfast. If you go directly there and pre order you will be toward the front of the line and your food will be out very quick... think 5 minuets. We enjoyed our food and were done by 8:30 last trip. We walked directly to SDMT and were the 2nd family in line. By 7:40 or so we were on the ride. We could have ridden serval times but choose to go get in line for PP. we were held there till about 8:50 then allowed to ride. We were off and waiting at the entrance to Frontier Land when the opening show was over. While everyone was running crazy to the two rides we had just done. We walked over and did BTMR and Splash walk on and then finish frontier land at an easy pace.

In general they do not consider what time your ADR is, if it is PPO they let you all in at one time. In our experience around 7:45. We go directly to the castle and check in. Lots of people stop for pictures so go ahead if that is important to you. Be sure to pre order your breakfast ahead of time. When you get into the park it’s crystal clear where to go for which breakfast. If you go directly there and pre order you will be toward the front of the line and your food will be out very quick... think 5 minuets. We enjoyed our food and were done by 8:30 last trip. We walked directly to SDMT and were the 2nd family in line. By 7:40 or so we were on the ride. We could have ridden serval times but choose to go get in line for PP. we were held there till about 8:50 then allowed to ride. We were off and waiting at the entrance to Frontier Land when the opening show was over. While everyone was running crazy to the two rides we had just done. We walked over and did BTMR and Splash walk on and then finish frontier land at an easy pace.

That all sounds wonderful & I'm even more excited now as Ive managed to move up our adr to 8.05am. :flower1:

Thank you for sharing! We have an 8am BOG and plan to order food from the app ahead of time. Can you explain the going to the castle and checking in thing? Can you not go straight to BOG? Or did you mean you take pictures at the castle and then go to BOG?
Also I am trying to figure out timing since I know it’s a journey to get to MK from the parking lot. I believe in the past the monorail wasn’t running in the early morning so we had to do the ferry. What time would you try to park (we are staying offsite) in order to be at the gate ready to be let in at 7:45?

Thanks!

Thank you for sharing! We have an 8am BOG and plan to order food from the app ahead of time. Can you explain the going to the castle and checking in thing? Can you not go straight to BOG? Or did you mean you take pictures at the castle and then go to BOG?
Also I am trying to figure out timing since I know it’s a journey to get to MK from the parking lot. I believe in the past the monorail wasn’t running in the early morning so we had to do the ferry. What time would you try to park (we are staying offsite) in order to be at the gate ready to be let in at 7:45?

Thanks!

I would plane to get to the TTC a little after 7 am, the resion why I say a little after 7 am is because this is when they open the booth ( you can still get in before 7 am) but there is no one there to direct you to where you can park ( and it can be very confusing)

you can then take what ever you can ( boat monorail ) over to the MK.

They are now letting everyone on Mainstreet at or close to 8 am (sometimes they let people with ADR in about 5 minutes early) if they let everyone in at one time when you get to the castle there will be a CM holding a sign that reads something like tours and ADR this way ( it will be to the left) but you can ask any CM where you need to go. when you find the sign then they will scan your MB or card ( whatever you used to get in the park) to make sure you have an ADR and let you through.

if they let you in before the other guest then they will do this at the train station and then let you in.

And do not worry about being there right at 8 am ( although this helps if you are trying to get on 7DMT) they will still set you if you get there a few minutes late.

Hi-op here!
My current mk thoughts..

We are staying onsite with a hire car.
Would you advise taking the bus on our mk early morning or using the car?

Hi-op here!
My current mk thoughts..

We are staying onsite with a hire car.
Would you advise taking the bus on our mk early morning or using the car?

Well, I am biased as we LOVE not having to drive all week, but I would take the bus. It will be much faster. No walking to the TTC from your car (I'm assuming you'd be close enough to walk easily at that time of day) then taking the ferry. That is time consuming.

Also, we had a 8:25 BOG ADR. WE were let in at 8 AM. Following advice I read somewhere in the Disboards (can't remember where) we walked straight to the castle, then went to the right a bit. The entrance for those with PPR ADRs is to the left, so there was nobody up by the castle on the right. We got some castle pics with nobody but us in them. Pretty cool! There was one CM stationed there. She offered to take our pic, which was super nice. There were lines at all the photopass people along Main Street which is why we didn't stop at any of those, just went right past and up to the castle.

I am like the PP I always have a car at Disney but once I get to the hotel and park my car and then I do not see my untilll the day I leave. I take the bus everywherere. So, I would take the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter