Arriving before check in...luggage question?

mom2aprincenprincess

Mom to 2 prince's and 1 princess
Our family of 5 will be arriving at the resort, hopefully, about 10am...this is obviously before our 3:00 check in at CBR. We have a park day planned that day and an ADR for dinner at HS. I am not comfortable leaving all of our luggage in our Tahoe in the HS parking lot all day. We are going in July, so it will obviously be extremely hot, and we will have food and all of my makeup and other things that should not get that hot. Will the hotel allow us to drop off our luggage at the hotel before we go to HS???

Not only can you leave your bags with bell services, heck, you could even have a room. Never know. At Disney, rooms can be ready as early as 6 AM.

Make sure and let them know in advance what time you expect to arrive so they can have you on the list if any rooms are ready early

Not only can you leave your bags with bell services, heck, you could even have a room. Never know. At Disney, rooms can be ready as early as 6 AM.

Make sure and let them know in advance what time you expect to arrive so they can have you on the list if any rooms are ready early
Ditto about giving them an estimated time. We have gotten a text on the DME bus around 9:30 am . We always drop any bags off at the resort and let them know we arrived , it can't hurt to check.

Your room may be ready when you arrive. (Be sure to do online check in and give your ETA)
If its not you can leave your luggage at bell services and retrieve it later.
Will they deliver luggage to the room when it’s ready, or will we need to pick it up when we make it back to the hotel late that night.

We're usually in the Board Walk lobby by 10 am, can't remember the last time we didn't get right in. Our room number was texted to us as we were driving from MCO last Oct.

Bill From Pa

Our rooms have been ready upon arrival for most of our trips. But as everyone said they will store your luggage in Bell services then deliver it to your room.

We've managed to get our room as early as 10:30 am but have also left our luggage with Bell Services several times.We usually check in and if we're told that our room isn't ready, leave the luggage and come back later to find out room number (texting Canadian cell #'s from the US isn't reliable and even though they've said they'll e-mail us, that never seems to happen). We've always had to pick it back up at Bell Services, however; it's never been in our room. I'm not sure if that's because they can't text/e-mail us or not.

We've managed to get our room as early as 10:30 am but have also left our luggage with Bell Services several times.We usually check in and if we're told that our room isn't ready, leave the luggage and come back later to find out room number (texting Canadian cell #'s from the US isn't reliable and even though they've said they'll e-mail us, that never seems to happen). We've always had to pick it back up at Bell Services, however; it's never been in our room. I'm not sure if that's because they can't text/e-mail us or not.
You can call from your room phone. It sometimes takes awhile for Bell Services to actually deliver your luggage depending on how busy they are and I typically will just collect my luggage on my way to my room. In OP’s case since CBR is so large I’d opt to call Bell Services to deliver it especially if my room was in an island distant from the lobby. You do have to be in your room to receive your bags as Bell Services will not go into your room without you present (DME for airport arrivals being the only exception & not applicable here.)

We've always had to pick it back up at Bell Services, however; it's never been in our room. I'm not sure if that's because they can't text/e-mail us or not.

Like sndral said in parentheses, it’ll only be delivered without you present if it came in by magical express. When DME is involved, DME takes care of the tipping.

When you drop it off, however, Bell services wants to give you the chance to tip them. :)

You can call from your room phone. It sometimes takes awhile for Bell Services to actually deliver your luggage depending on how busy they are and I typically will just collect my luggage on my way to my room. In OP’s case since CBR is so large I’d opt to call Bell Services to deliver it especially if my room was in an island distant from the lobby. You do have to be in your room to receive your bags as Bell Services will not go into your room without you present (DME for airport arrivals being the only exception & not applicable here.)

Bell services actually put our bags in our room last trip while we were out in the parks (we moved from CSR to Pop). We stopped to pick up our bags when we got off the park bus only for them to tell us they were already in our room. I wouldn't expect it, but it can happen.

Like sndral said in parentheses, it’ll only be delivered without you present if it came in by magical express. When DME is involved, DME takes care of the tipping.

When you drop it off, however, Bell services wants to give you the chance to tip them. :)

Yes, you should tip both when you drop your bags off and when they bring them to your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter