Arrival time to get a table for YeHaa Bob?

Cin

DIS Veteran
On our arrival day we are planning on meeting up with my son and daughter in law at Downtown Disney (they live nearby) and Mom and I thought we could all ride the ferry back to Port Orleans Riverside and get a meal there at the Riverside Mill food court and then grab a table after at River's Roost lounge to join in on YeHaa Bob's fun. If his show starts at 8:30 what time should I get a table? And would it be rude to hold a table to wait for his show if we already dined at the food court? Mom can't stand for long periods of time and we need a place for her to sit during his performance. I don't want to get there at 7 if we could wait until 8, or worse get there at 8 and Mom has no where to sit. The rest of us are good with standing, but she can't make it the whole show. I've never seen him only heard bits and pieces and a small video clip. We are going to be staying at Pop Century so we will be able to take the ferry back to DD for a bus transfer back to our resort after his show ends, right? I mean, the ferry will still be running? Or a bus? Thanks for any help!

It's a casual atmosphere, so you can come and go as you please. There will be tables here and there throughout the night, but if you get there by 8:15 Bob comes into the audience and introduces himself personally. They are pros and cons of him knowing who you are- be ready to be called out, but it's good natured fun. I recommend sitting near the piano. Ferries run pretty late. If they stop before midnight, there will be bus service to Dtd.

The show is as good as the audience wants to make it be. If you're willing to be silly and play along, everyone has more fun. Bob is a riot and well worth the trip over there. It is a bar and you're taking up a table, so while you don't have to get food, the servers do live on tips so maybe get a drink, even just soda? Your call.

Our family loves Yee Ha Bob and make it point to see him every year when we stay at POR. The show is what you and the crowd make of it but it is so much fun. We tend to get there around 7:45pm because we need seats for 5 us and like talking with Bob when he makes his rounds before the show. He does have a break around 9:30pm where some people tend to clear out (like us:lmao:)

Have fun at the show:banana:

We love Bob!!! We went in pretty early last time and got a table no problem...the place didn't really pick up till a little later but when it picked up...WOW! It was packed! We stayed till the end!:rotfl:

they have a limited bar menu..we ordered the nachos (which were pretty good :thumbsup2) I think Andrewilly has the bar menu on the portorleans.org site.:goodvibes

Is there food available there in the River's Roost, and how limited is the menu?

We went to Bob's show twice last week. The first night we went, we had just got back from the parks and his show was already in progress. We sat towards the back where the lounge section was, and still had a good time. So we planned to go back a few nights later and we arrive around 8 pm and had our pick of tables. Ended up with a table very near the front. He does come around asks your name and where you are from, and do be prepared to be called on. So if you are not comfortable with going up front and doing silly things in front of a crowd, stay towards the back of the bar. We had a blast though, was a great time, laughed alot and sang alot too. Its nice because he draws in all of the crowd, no matter the age. The kids love the show too....what better when it can be a family event.

As far as food, they do serve appetizers (nachos, etc.). But there were also families who got food from the food court and brought it in during the show.
I will have to tell you that we ordered nachos and never could eat them because Bob kept us so busy clapping, singing, jumping up and down that you didn't have a moment to eat :) We didn't mind :)

No matter where I stay during my future visits, I will always make time to see his show whenever we can, it is well worth it.

We go a couple of times every trip. We can usually get a seat in the back with no problems.
We stay for about 2 hours and head back to our room. If you want to stay until the end just check on the time for the last ferry or bus back to DTD.You can get something to eat at DTD
before heading to POR.

The last water taxi LEAVES DTD at 11:00 pm and ends at POR.

The buses run to DTD very late, around 1:00 am.

You can always take a taxi as a last resort.

Thank you all. I am very excited about this and more so reading your comments. I am a little shy and would stay at the back, but Mom is not and my son is a real ham even without an audience, his wife is too, so we should have lots of fun and laugh until our sides hurt. Heck we really don't even need YaHaa Bob with my son around as he knows no strangers and he is a real character and a goofball all by himself. He even moved to FL to try to get a job at WDW working as Goofy. We love Disney in our family.

Hi Cin,
I love your comments about your family: you just made me smile. Thanks.

We too look forward to seeing Bob's show. It will be our first time at the show, but a bit of a sentimental journey, since Port Orleans was the first Resort we visited thirteen years ago.

Hi Cin,
I love your comments about your family: you just made me smile. Thanks.

We too look forward to seeing Bob's show. It will be our first time at the show, but a bit of a sentimental journey, since Port Orleans was the first Resort we visited thirteen years ago.

Awww. That made me smile. Thanks. TTFN :)

oh, we love bob! we've taken all of our parties to see him on every trip! the dec. trip was really fun cause he changes it up and he had everybody in the audience doing the 12 days of christmas, i video taped it! he is such a happy person, i love the atmosphere in that room! can't wait to see him in Nov!!! we love the appetizers too!

We are staying at the AKL and will have a rental car. How easy is it to park at Port Orleans Riverside? We want to get there in plenty of time to see Yehaa Bob next Friday night.

TIA,
dukefan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter