• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arrival Night, Cheap hotel wanted: How far out do I need to be to avoid resort/parking fees?

TandDandE

Mouseketeer
Hi Friends,

I'm driving down with my girls from North GA on 10/1; our stay starts at POR on 10/2.

I like to stay at a cheap-ish and clean hotel on 10/1 for an early start on 10/2.
(I assume I can take advantage of early park hours on my arrival day.. can I?)

How far out will I have to stay to find a hotel with no resort fees or parking fees?
Any of you have a favorite spot that fits these wants?

Thanks for your time!

You can stay right outside Disney Springs. Look in Palm Parkway area, plenty of good reasonable options without fees.

Night before our POFQ stay we stayed at the SpringHill Suites at Flamingo Crossing found it to be a great location, not to crazy busy with plenty of parking. The restaurant on site was very good, we didn't have to leave property that night. The drive into DHS was a breeze.

Thanks Friends! I appreciate the suggestions. I'll be reading up on them today.

We are staying at Home2 Suites at Flamingo Crossings the night before are stay starts. Has a kitchenette with a small full size fridge, 2 queen beds and sofa bed, and we were able to get guaranteed connecting rooms. Plus it has a pool with a water slide and free breakfast.

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites Orlando Royale on our arrival day and checked into Pop Century the next day to start our Disney vacation. It was under $100 and the drive to the Pop was maybe 10 minutes, probably less.

Maybe I'm a little crazy, but I'd go blind on Priceline/Hotwire. You can filter for free parking, and they are good about telling you the resort fees. To me, the hotels in this category will be equivilant, so cost would be primary factor.

That is a Saturday night, so I would book sooner than later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter