Arrival Day Traditions?

We usually arrive at our resort around 5-6 pm. We'll check into our room, freshen up a bit, unpack, and have dinner. For dinner, it's either at our resort or Disney Springs. Then we like to visit the World of Disney store and walk around a bit.

With your two little ones, a great place for dinner would be T-REX, if you are considering DS.

Chef Mickeys (when my son was younger) and explore the resort. To us our resort is a big part of our vacation...
this is our first value resort so not sure there is much to explore except the pool, but we will see...

Chef Mickeys (when my son was younger) and explore the resort. To us our resort is a big part of our vacation...
this is our first value resort so not sure there is much to explore except the pool, but we will see...

(Assuming POP from your ticker) there is a walking trail along the lake, and I also enjoyed just going around and taking fun pics of/with the big icons. They had a set-up in the lobby for pics one day as well - a background and photo booth type props. There are games in the courtyards - IIRC, ping pong, pool, and a huge-size Connect Four? (I could be mixing any of those up with Cabana Bay, though.)

I've also heard it's a quick walk over to Art of Animation, which I'm sure has things to see and do too.

Arrive at the resort, unpack and head downstairs to Chef Mickey’s! Then a ride on the monorail. This year we’re doing HS on arrival day so Chef Mickey’s brunch then off we go! To me there is no better way to kick it off.

We usually arrive late at night, so it's pretty much Magical Express and then bed. Our first day is always Garden Grill breakfast at Epcot and our last day is always MK and fireworks, then we stay as late as the kids can and they take turns picking their favorite rides to squeeze in one last time. And then I cry on our way out. Always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter