Arrival Day Ideas

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
I will arrive into CDG around 12:30pm (provided flights go smoothly). Staying off site at the Marriott and bringing someone with that has not traveled to France. I'm looking for an afternoon activity to keep us moving so we can push off the jet lag but don't want to lock into anything in case the flight is delayed.

Looking into the area surrounding for a short afternoon - has anyone gone to Meaux or any other of the towns close by to tour? I don't want to do the trek into Paris that late in the day as I know we will hit the wall early. Just some low key sightseeing, good food and fairly close to the hotel to sack out early. Ideas?

'fairly close' is a very stretchy subjective term :D
Are you staying at Marriott at this address? Zone Hoteliere, 5 All. du Verger, 95700 Roissy-en-France, France

I have never been to Meaux, but I would consider this too far away on arrival day. It's 30 minutes by car, 1,5 hour by public transport from above address.
I would just stay in the area, there is a small park, a church, bistros and restaurant right near the hotel. I would roam around the village. Get some local flavour. It should be enough to kill a few hours, have dinner and then crash at the hotel.

'fairly close' is a very stretchy subjective term :D
Are you staying at Marriott at this address? Zone Hoteliere, 5 All. du Verger, 95700 Roissy-en-France, France

I have never been to Meaux, but I would consider this too far away on arrival day. It's 30 minutes by car, 1,5 hour by public transport from above address.
I would just stay in the area, there is a small park, a church, bistros and restaurant right near the hotel. I would roam around the village. Get some local flavour. It should be enough to kill a few hours, have dinner and then crash at the hotel.
I'm actually at Marriott's Village d'Ile de France 1 All. de l'Orme Rond, 77700 Bailly-Romainvilliers, France. We are trying to stay within 30 minutes of the hotel. We aren't much for shopping but if you can point me to good food - we will be eating in Disney Village the next night so wanted a more local experience upon arrival.

I would go to Val d'europe and the outlet shops there - La Vallee Village. There are some nice cafes in the area. I would visit the Disney Village and maybe walk around the lake visiting the onsite hotels - this will help you to get your bearings for your Disney days.
If shopping isn't your thing, enjoy a swim in the hotel pool and relax!

Ah offsite Disneyland Paris, I thought offsite CDG.
Yeah, then go to Val d'Europe, there is an Sealife aquarium, plenty of good places to eat. Go to a foreign supermarket. Auchan, is always fun (to me) seeing the different vegetables or spices they sell. It is mainly fashion stores at this mall, but there are also plenty of other stores.

https://val-d-europe-en.klepierre.fr/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter