Arrival Day Help

kimberwee

DIS Veteran
So, we are headed to WDW on 11/20 and were originally going to head straight to the MK after dropping our things off at the Poly. HOWEVER, in order to get to Epcot during F&W, we are changing our plans.

ORIGINAL PLAN:
11/20- Arrival @ noon and MK
11/21 - HS & MVMCP

NEW PLAN...DO WE GO WITH A OR B (please keep in mind that we are not visiting DHS to get into SWGE and could skip the whole area without batting an eyelash)?

A. 11/20 - Arrival @ noon and Epcot
11/21 - DHS & MVMCP

or

B. 11/20 - Arrival @ noon & DHS
11/21 - Epcot & MVMCP

So...a couple things to consider... Are you interested in seeing the new nighttime show at EPCOT? If so, then I'd go with Plan A. I'd also consider Plan A because if SWGE is not a focus for you, then 1/2 day at DHS is plenty (IMHO). That would give you time to refresh and renew before heading off to MVMCP. The benefits to Plan B also targets the nighttime shows at DHS, if that's a thing for you. But it presents a "hard out" of F&W because at some point, you'll need to leave and get to MK for MVMCP. Just know your priorities and go with that. Have a great time! :santa:

First thought that came to mind for me was EPCOT and MVMCP in one day could be exhausting. EPCOT can be a lot of walking if you get into the World Showcase at all. As the other poster stated, you could easily do HS first 1/2 of the day if SWGE is not a priority, have time for a break and then head to MVMCP by 4.

Staying at the Poly, you will have quick access to TTC and can get to Epcot rather easily. I would do that on your first day, Plan A, and check out the new Epcot Forever show at 9pm! Day 2, get over to HS early, see what you want to see, and get back to that wonderful Poly pool before MVMCP.

Plan A hands down as well. I like going to Epcot during the second half of the day, as world showcase doesn't open until 11:00 which doesn't give much time to tour around if you're only spending a half day there. And as someone previously mentioned... Epcot is a lot of walking and I wouldn't want to go to an expensive party already pooped out. HS is a much smaller park with less walking and one where you can for sure get everything done in the first half and the day, go back to the room for a rest and refresh before the party.

Thanks everyone! I think my struggle is "what will we enjoy most at night" with our group of 7. There are 4 adults, a 12yo and twin 8 yo, so DHS JBJB show looks cute...but, I totally agree that Epcot is going to wear us out. UGH...this is making me feel like a rookie.

I would go with Plan A if World Showcase is a priority for you (I'm assuming it is since you mentioned Food & Wine), plus I just like the overall feel of EPCOT at night. I also think that if you are trying to get into MVMCP at early (4pm), then you will have very limited time at EPCOT when the WS is open, so that makes Plan B less desirable.

I will be the outsider and vote for B. My logic is that you might want to hit EP earlier in the day when it's not so busy. During F&W, it tends to get busier in the evenings.

I thought JBJB was a cute show and I think the kiddos would enjoy it. We don't know what the new EP nighttime show will be like, so it's hard to say if that will be more kid friendly than JBJB.

Have a great trip!

Another vote for A - you'll be arriving at a great time to get over to the World Showcase and snack your way into the evening.

Since we always stay at Board Walk and land at MCO before 9 am we head straight to the IG after check in so it's A for us. We start off with a liquid breakfast as shown below.

Bill From PA

Also A, that way you can hit up lots of F&W booths through the evening, you wouldn't want to show up full to MNSSHP with your other option!

I would go A as Epcot has loads to offer for your whole group. Rides, kidcit stops for the little ones, adult beverages. F&W also has the way to the beat concerts and the other usual fun shows.
The DHS day gives you the more sensible option for a park that day as you won’t want to be exhausted before MVMCP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter