Arrival day evening activity-which to choose?

That's the good news/bad news.:crazy2:
there is something about disney -- there is such a thing as disney adrenaline that keeps you going. Our last trip with our then 9yo twin boys was 6 days of pretty much rope drop to close. I don't know how we did it but we did. We intended on afternoon breaks but we were having such a good time at the parks that we couldn't leave.

there is something about disney -- there is such a thing as disney adrenaline that keeps you going. Our last trip with our then 9yo twin boys was 6 days of pretty much rope drop to close. I don't know how we did it but we did. We intended on afternoon breaks but we were having such a good time at the parks that we couldn't leave.

You're so right about that. We have to be at the airport at 6:30am in September, but we are doing the HEA dessert party that night anyway. Nothing like cupcakes for dinner to keep people going LOL!

I wouldn't do P&P on arrival night with kids that young and an early flight. We were there in November, with our toddler and kindergartner. We had a non-stop flight from Chicago arriving around 11:30 am, and we had to leave our house for the airport at 5:30 am. Neither of the kids napped on the plane or in the afternoon (too much excitement), and we were all exhausted by early evening, to the extent that the toddler fell asleep in her high chair mid-dinner. All of us, kids and adults, were asleep for the night by 9:00, even though it only "felt" like 8:00 (and I'm generally a night owl!).

I'd honestly probably skip 1900 Park Fare as well - the food is not great, and the character interaction can be hit or miss. Instead, I would keep it low key that first afternoon. The kids will love the pool at the Poly, and there is a "lawn" outside the pool that my kids (and lots of others) like to just run around on. They often have hula hoops out there for the kids to use, there are dole whips, and the adults can get some adult beverages. Just hang out and enjoy - plenty of time for Disney craziness :-).

Have you thought about the Spirit of Aloha? If you are looking to do a Disney experience on your 1st night, it might be an easier option for your group as it keep you at the Poly, but gives you a Disney activity to share as a family on your 1st night. We really enjoyed the SoA dinner show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter