Arrival Day Dining Recommendation

hes122

DIS Veteran
My 60-day window is coming up in a few weeks and I'm trying to get some ideas for an arrival day dinner reservation. The last flight arrives at 1:50 pm (Sunday afternoon) and we're staying at CBR. We aren't doing a park that day, so I thought a) we'd take the Skyliner to Epcot and eat somewhere along the Boardwalk/Yacht & Beach Club area or b) head to Disney Springs and eat there somewhere. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm probably more inclined to head to DS, but with tons of options I'm struggling to narrow it down (I've been to Blaze & Frontera Cocina). Our party is 3 adults and the other 2 will likely not have any strong opinions because they trust my judgment.

Any recommendations?

My 60-day window is coming up in a few weeks and I'm trying to get some ideas for an arrival day dinner reservation. The last flight arrives at 1:50 pm (Sunday afternoon) and we're staying at CBR. We aren't doing a park that day, so I thought a) we'd take the Skyliner to Epcot and eat somewhere along the Boardwalk/Yacht & Beach Club area or b) head to Disney Springs and eat there somewhere. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm probably more inclined to head to DS, but with tons of options I'm struggling to narrow it down (I've been to Blaze & Frontera Cocina). Our party is 3 adults and the other 2 will likely not have any strong opinions because they trust my judgment.

Any recommendations?
I don't like to make advance dining reservations for arrival day due to flight delays and holding patterns just stress me out. I would rather do a quick service at the pool and relax. Sometimes the room is not ready or there is an issue with the room and you need a different one and a dining reservation on top of that could be stressful. On a Sunday night in the fall, you wont have a problem making a dining reservation for that evening for most places at Disney Springs after you check into your room.

With the 2 hr cancel window, definitely easier to change ADR if you run into issues on arrival. Boardwalk is pretty limited basically Trattoria Al Forno, and Beach & Yacht Club restaurants.

More options at DS: Raglan Road, Homecoming, Boathouse, City Works.

If you like Caribbean food, Sebastian’s at your hotel isn’t bad.

Jaleo would be my first choice and Edison the second. If you've got the people Paella Valenciana, but it is expensive.

I agree with not booking an ADR until you've arrived, in case of delays. There are usually a number of options, and as mentioned above Sebastian's at CBR has been getting overall good reviews.

On arrival day, we love to visit DS (as long as it isn't Friday or Saturday) and eat at Polite Pig, with D-Luxe Burger another favorite, since they don't require ADRs. If we do want a reservation somewhere, I'll check Disney's site and also Open Table - many of the DS restaurants take reservations there and often have better availability via OT.

On a travel day, I wouldn’t really want to venture to DS and would stick closer to the resort. 2 years ago we stayed at CBR and had a really great dinner at Ale and Compass at Yacht Club. Last summer we stayed at the Swan and took the Skyliner to CBR for another great dinner at Sebastian’s.

I would wait until that day and decide what I would like to do. Depending on how travel days go it may play into how you feel.

I’m sure you will find a big number of places open for ADRs when you arrive. Then just pick what appeals to you and where you’d like to travel to.

We arrive at around noon this coming Friday :goodvibes and I made reservations at Raglan Road - which we love - for an early dinner. But sometimes I don’t feel as ambitious as I’d wish on our arrival day, because travel is so tiring. So in the back of my mind I am thinking we might just try the new counter service at Trail’s End which will be a short trip from BRV. But Raglan Road is a real favorite, so it might win out in the end after all.

I just looked at the Sabastian’s Bistro menu and that looks so fun!
I say stay at your resort and relax.
If you have time and energy, you can do the skyliner after dinner to BW area for dessert.

Disney Springs for sure
Wait till you get to ORL. Too many variables, weather, traffic, flight delays, just plain tired.

Last edited:
What day of the week do you arrive? I’d be less likely to want to go to DS on Friday or Saturday night after traveling. It’s just more crowded than tired travel day me would want to deal with. The two best meals I had in my last trip were Bluezoo at Swalphin and Flying Fish at Boardwalk.

Many of the DS restaurants are bookable on Open Table without the pesky ADR rules.

Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club might be a good option. Not too much travel time from CBR and a good menu.

Any recommendations?
We usually do Disney Springs for Brunch when we arrive and do dinner at whatever resort we are staying at that night in case our kids lose their minds and need to go to bed. Disney Springs is always fun at night though, and the shops are open so thats fun- they usually have live music... and of course, Gideon's Bake Shop!

Personally, I’d stay at CBR and eat at Sebastian’s or at Riviera, or take the Skyliner to a Boardwalk area restaurant. I just find the bus to DS tiring on arrival day (and the walk through the DS maze is very tiring too, even on less crowded days). Recently stayed at CBR and had an arrival day dinner at Shula’s. The trip on the Skyliner was an absolute breeze compared to catching the bus to DS. The walk over to Shula’s was so straightforward too.

We make a DS reservation through opentable at Boathouse, and go to Jocks first. Gives a chance to pick up Magicbands, get some Gideons, look around shops, and if we are delayed Opentable is easy to cancel.

I loved Bluezoo at the Dolphin. It was the best meal we had at Disney.

Trattoria Al forno was good too. And I love the atmosphere of the boardwalk at night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter