Arrested Development***spoilers***

My favorite episodes from the whole series are the "Work Outing" and the "Dinner Party." Although anything with Richmond in it is an instant classic!

Loved both of these. Loved Richmond's date in "Dinner Party", and his compliment "You know when you laugh I can see the outline of your skull". That Richmond, so romantic. But my favorite episode is definitely "The Haunting of Bill Crouse". Seeing Jen's "disembodied" head flying through the air while she screams with delight. So funny.

Back on topic, I definitely have to watch AD again. I've seen them so many times but forgot a lot of these quotes until they've been posted here.

ETA:

A "NeverNude"

LOL! "Do these effectively hide my thunder?"

And how about the "Don't call it that?" jokes. Anytime the OC comes into it.

Best show ever. I wish more people watched it so when I quote it in my daily life people wouldn't look at me funny. :laughing:
i always say "I love juice!" no one seems to get it lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfYI6oYVxlI
and my sister & I now greet each other with "heeeey brother"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo1pkHKHuts

Gob is my favourite character he is hilarious. The whole family is awesome.
I watched the show when it was on air, and I have a ritual of re-watching the whole thing about every 6 months. :rotfl:
I wish they'd make the movie....but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
2i8vtd5.gif

Best show ever. I wish more people watched it so when I quote it in my daily life people wouldn't look at me funny. :laughing:
i always say "I love juice!" no one seems to get it lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfYI6oYVxlI
and my sister & I now greet each other with "heeeey brother"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo1pkHKHuts

Gob is my favourite character he is hilarious. The whole family is awesome.
I watched the show when it was on air, and I have a ritual of re-watching the whole thing about every 6 months. :rotfl:
I wish they'd make the movie....but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
2i8vtd5.gif

I'm so glad I have a group of people to talk to about this even though I'm so late in watching it. I could go on and on and on. I love Gob too. He is my second favorite. I love the little inside jokes too, like when he gets divorce papers and he can't remember his wife's name but he says "When I remember it, I WILL make a pun. Like if her name is Amy, I'll call her Blamy". (Amy Poehler his is wife in real life and on the show). And they show her in the military in an Abu Ghraib setting.

OMG, and the episode when Michael gets the Valentines gift basket from the charity auction and tells George Michael they can have a Valentines Day with it. George Michael picks up a bottle and asks "What's kama sutra oil?"

Ann and George Michael making the Jerky Boys prank calls, but it's only Michael they are calling.:lmao:

My one little tidbit that I know is that Jeffrey Tambor, who played George Bluth was only supposed to be on the show for a couple episodes. He had done The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, with Ron Howard & Brian Grazer. They loved working with him so much on that, they asked him to do a couple Arrested Development episodes. Jeffrey, obviously did such a fantastic funny job, they made him a regular character on the show and had to give him a twin so he could do episodes OUT of jail. :dance3:

They are playing season 4 on IFC now. I loved the first episode but haven't been thrilled with the others. I think the last one was Italian for Beginners? It had something to do with Italian.

I think of Moss' reboot all the time, with the Windows startup music, when I need a chuckle.

I found a website that has season 4 episodes, but I could only get the first episode to play.

I love the answering machine "Have you turned it off and on again?" "Is it plugged in?"

Do you think we have enough fans to make an IT Crowd thread?

I found this on an AD fansite. They received a letter from someone in Army. Here's the letter and response:

Lessons From Army

Why Army should broadcast season 2 of Arrested Development. The O.P.(fansite) received the following email from Army.

I’m in the US Army, stationed in Germany. On a friend’s recommendation, I purchased the Season 1 DVD set of Arrested Development. I love it. I’ve leant the set to 11 of my fellow soldiers here thus far, and shown it to dozens of others, and all of them have loved it, without exception. The series is getting quoted up a storm, and we’re all ruing that AFN (The Armed Forces Network) runs only reruns from Season 1.
— J. H., from Army

That just makes me want to puke all over Army’s head.

Army officials should seriously consider airing season 2, considering how much we’ve learned about Army:
•Army wives get an $800 per month stipend.
•A hole in your heart isn’t enough to get out of Army.
•The Army doctor touches your Charlie Browns.
•They have half a day in Army.
•You can motivate someone by calling them “you ****” in Army.
•Army gives seals for marksmanship and gorillas for sand racing.
•Army teaches these kind of skills.
•The bus to Army can’t make change for $100.
•Army sergeants like to go Downtown.
•The best of Army goes to Hero Squad.
•Army censors black out “I blank you, Mother.”
•You don’t have to go to Army if a seal with bow-tie attacks you.
Perhaps someone needs to educate Army about the importance of public relations. It’s free publicity—it’s not like you have to pay an arm for it. Plus, right now, some people find Army odd and alienating, so it’s important to be seen and heard in such a positive (and natural) light. That’s a lesson you don’t need to go to the Milford Academy to learn.

I Love Army

Me & my fiance quote AD way too much in our everyday lives. :lmao:

Oh, oh, what about Gob's sexual harassment speech in Afternoon Delight?

"Please refrain from discussing or engaging in any inter-office *beep* or *beep* -ing, or finger *beep* or *beep* -sting or *beep* -esting or *beep* eing or *beep* or even *beep*. Oh and if anyone tries anything with my sister Lindsay, I'll take off my pants, I'll show you my *bleep* and I'll personally *beeeeeeeeep*."

Gob in his banana suit. He should've never given up animation rights.

:banana:

Oh, oh, what about Gob's sexual harassment speech in Afternoon Delight?

"Please refrain from discussing or engaging in any inter-office *beep* or *beep* -ing, or finger *beep* or *beep* -sting or *beep* -esting or *beep* eing or *beep* or even *beep*. Oh and if anyone tries anything with my sister Lindsay, I'll take off my pants, I'll show you my *bleep* and I'll personally *beeeeeeeeep*."

Gob in his banana suit. He should've never given up animation rights.

:banana:

When I watch Gob's speech, it makes me wonder if Will Arnett was really saying something worth censoring in real life.

I love Lucille 2. Liza Minelli did a great job. Anyone ever noticed that even though she suffers from vertigo, her foyer is decorated with nautical stuff, including a nautical wheel?

Gob to Kitty: Take your glasses off. No! Back on. Take your hair down. NO! Back up. Hair up glasses off. NO. Glasses on hair down. NO!

(or something like that, LOL)

Michael Bluth: You know what you do? You go buy yourself a tape recorder and record yourself for a whole day. You might be surprised at some of your phrasing.
Tobias Fünke: Butterscotch. Wanna lick?

Michael Bluth: You know what you do? You go buy yourself a tape recorder and record yourself for a whole day. You might be surprised at some of your phrasing.
Tobias Fünke: Butterscotch. Wanna lick?

Narrator: ...and he realized there is something distinct about the way he speaks. Tobias Fünke: Tobias, you blowhard. [chuckles].

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter