• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Around The World At Epcot -Segway Tour

jpd3

Mouseketeer
Just returned this past weekend and had a wonderful time. Our first day in the parks, 16th, we had the opportunity to do the Around the World at Epcot Tour on the Segways. What a blast! We showed up at Guest Relations at 8:45 and were taken over to a back room in the Innoventions building. When we walked in the Segways were parked against the wall and there were traffic cones on the floor. We sat down, had a brief safety discussion and within ten minutes of showing up were on the Segways practicing. They ran us through all the basic maneuvers; starting, stopping, getting off/on, powered assist, and inclines/declines. After a short break we loaded up and went for the tour of WS. The coolest thing was driving through all the other people walking around FW. Pretty neat and we got a lot of stares.
The tour itself was not so much a tour. It was more a chance to drive the Segways around in WS. We didn't see any backstage stuff and there was no formal structure to the tour. We got to drive through some of the gardens in China, Japan and drove through all the columns in Italy, USA. Neat stuff.
The tour is a great one but don't expect to learn anything earth shattering about WS. It's more a chance to ride a Segway. For me and my party, that was enough and worth the $80 per person. It's also not a sales pitch so you don't have to worry about getting a hard sell. I would have liked a certificate or something saying we had done the tours but we were only the third class of 10 to take the tour. In the future they may have something like it. We did get some great pix and videos and the memories will last forever. I just have to find a way to convince the wife I need to buy one!

Made the reservation about 2 weeks ago for March 12th for the tour. Very excited for it! Thanks for the review, I'm counting down the days....

I heard the weight limit for this is 250 pounds. My husband is right around that--sometimes a little more-sometimes a little less. Do they make you get on a scale prior to tour? Were there any olderand or bigger people on the tour? Do you have to be super-coordinated to do this? Thanks so much in advance for your help and your input on this tour.

Hey...I must have seen you! We were leaving the Princess breakfast in Norway that morning and saw the whole group cruising through the WS. We were some of those people staring at you. I'm glad it was such a great experience. It looked like fun and is something my DH was dissapointed that we didn't arrange to do.

" Were there any olderand or bigger people on the tour? "

I know of one who is 64 and 225.....no, you don't have to be super coordinated. But you do need to follow their instructions:smooth:

My husband just said he'd love to do this! How do I make a reservation? I've looked everywhere and haven't found a phone #.

Thanks!

Thanks so much, jctwizzer! I'm going to book it! I can be an awful klutz sometimes and I was worried about the weight issues but thanks to you I feel confident enough to do it now! Thanks again!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

you will need to call 1-407-WDW-TOUR. your credit card will be charged upon booking. we are booked to do this in may! can't wait. i would recommend calling ASAP as it is limited to 10 and the CM said the days are filling up fast. we booked on the second day after it was on the boards so we were able to get our date. good luck!:tongue:

Whoohooo! I just booked it for May and the best part was I got an unexpected discount for being a DVC member. Can't wait! My husband doesn't even drive a car so this will be very exciting for him. Thanks for all the input everybody!

My group who did the tour consisted of:

1) Me- 5'11", 215 lbs, 32yrs, Navy Helicopter Pilot
2) Wife - 5'10'', 145 lbs, 32yrs, Athletic Domestic Goddess
3) Sister - 5'1", 195 lbs, 25yrs, Desk Jockey
4) Dad - 6', 190 lbs, 64yrs, Retired but in great shape

My sister is not athletic at all and initially had the most trouble with getting on and staying on the Segway. But within 25 minutes was driving it like she stole it. Learning to trust the machine is the hardest part. It was no way near as hard as hovering a helicopter for the first time, and easier than learning how to ride a bike. Trust the machine and you won't have a problem.

I finally figured out how to include pictures in my post. Not the biggest pix but you can still see Spaceship Earth. I still highly recommend the tour.

I just booked us for May 24th! I'm so excited!

As DVCTiff said there are discounts available. We got the DVC discount of 15% and I belive you get the same if you are an AP Passholder.

Just returned (3/8) from Disney and did the Segway Tour as well.
My DH and I loved it.
No, it is NOT a behind the scenes tour of EPCOT but rather a chance to ride a Segway around World Showcase while the park is closed.
They give you a discount if you use your Disney Visa too!
We had a blast.
Do it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter