Armed Forces Salute Room/Ticket Discount: 2011/12 (Spring Break Update)

My only question now is... How does Disney define "mid June?"

I'd expect by July. And yes the blockout dates will be released then too.

Thanks WDWKook, you are spot on about reserving using the rack rates and converting to the Salute rate once released.

I have a question. If we are planning a trip for May 2012, can we purchase park tickets now that expire 9/12 (under the current promotion) and then purchase more tickets after 10/11 and use both sets during the same trip?? That seems almost too good to be true.

I have a question. If we are planning a trip for May 2012, can we purchase park tickets now that expire 9/12 (under the current promotion) and then purchase more tickets after 10/11 and use both sets during the same trip?? That seems almost too good to be true.

I know, but from what I've been told by Disney that's exactly what you can do.

below is from an email from Disney Military Sales.

"A hypothetical…if a customer buys six tickets now but does not use them prior to the original expiration date (of Sept 30, 2011) or only uses a few of the six tickets, may they purchase an additional six tickets beginning Oct 1, 2011 and activate more than the originally dictated six at a single time? The answer is “yes”…we will capture demographic info and the number of tickets that they have collectively activated to insure non-abuse of the program."

Question: If our stay starts during the discount period and ends outside of it, do we get the discount for the days in and not for the days out or do we get some variance of that?

Question: If our stay starts during the discount period and ends outside of it, do we get the discount for the days in and not for the days out or do we get some variance of that?

That's right if your stay extends past 30 Sept 2012 you'll pay rack rates for those days after the thirtieth. Or whatever other discount is available, unless they extend again...

I have a question about the military tickets that I'm hoping someone on here is able to answer...

If the party splits up and goes to different parks, or if the person with the military ID elects not to go to the parks at all that day, can all of the other family members still use their tickets, or will Disney not allow it since the person with the ID is not with us?

Or is the ID only needed at the time of purchase and then they can give them to whomever and no military ID is ever needed again?

I ask because my grandfather is the one purchasing the tickets, and I'm sure there will be certain days that he doesn't quite feel like keeping up with the youngsters ;)

Thanks in advance! :)

I have a question about the military tickets that I'm hoping someone on here is able to answer...

If the party splits up and goes to different parks, or if the person with the military ID elects not to go to the parks at all that day, can all of the other family members still use their tickets, or will Disney not allow it since the person with the ID is not with us?

Or is the ID only needed at the time of purchase and then they can give them to whomever and no military ID is ever needed again?

I ask because my grandfather is the one purchasing the tickets, and I'm sure there will be certain days that he doesn't quite feel like keeping up with the youngsters ;)

Thanks in advance! :)
:welcome: to the DIS!

After you activate the tix at guest services, you're free to go wherever you'd like without the sponsor/ID cardholder (grandpa).

Thanks so much for your speedy reply!

I'm actually a huge disneyphile, and have read these boards for ages, just never felt the need to register or post until now ;)

One more question to add on. If you purchase these tickets at a military base, do you still need to activate them at the parks? We're trying to avoid the long lines at guest relations ;)

Thanks so much for your speedy reply!

I'm actually a huge disneyphile, and have read these boards for ages, just never felt the need to register or post until now ;)

One more question to add on. If you purchase these tickets at a military base, do you still need to activate them at the parks? We're trying to avoid the long lines at guest relations ;)
You're welcome. Most of us start out as lurkers and then something puts us over the edge and we register. We're glad you came out of lurkdom:laughing:.

Yes, you'll still have to activate the tix at any parks' Guest Services or the TTC, even if you purchase them at SOG. But, if you purchase them on post/base, at least you won't have to stand in line at SOG for them. Last December when I needed to purchase APs, the line was very long at SOG; I'd say they're understaffed. Guest Relations was actually a much shorter line than SOG and they seem to have more staff. You'll be so excited to almost be in the park that you won't really mind that stop at GR first.

Have a great vacation!

There's usually no line at Guest Relations in Downtown Disney -- so depending on your schedule, that might be an option for you.

We are planning a trip for after my husband returns from Afghanistan in May 2012. My question concerns the 4 day military passes. I know you cannot add days, but can one person use 2 passes? I ask because there will be 3 of us and we plan to stay at least a week. So could I activate one pass for the first 4 days and then another for the second 4 days? Or would an 8 day pass be cheaper?

Thanks so much for the information!

We are planning a trip for after my husband returns from Afghanistan in May 2012. My question concerns the 4 day military passes. I know you cannot add days, but can one person use 2 passes? I ask because there will be 3 of us and we plan to stay at least a week. So could I activate one pass for the first 4 days and then another for the second 4 days? Or would an 8 day pass be cheaper?

Thanks so much for the information!
:welcome: to the DIS, doodlebug210! I think it's great you're already planning your DH's return from deployment trip to WDW. It really helps to have something like that to look forward to and plan.

Yes, the same person can use multiple tix. In fact, this was something we had considered doing.

DD and I have APs that we got when DH was deployed to AFG. Our APs are still good for our next trip, but we don't want to get DH APs because then he'll have a different expiration date than us.

We'll be there for 12 days so we're considering buying him three 4-day tix. The only inconvenience is that he'll have to activate them at any Guest Services window once every 4-days. BTW, we're also considering a 10-day MYW from SOG and not using it for two resort days since they expire 14 days from first use. This option is about $100 less and the ticket wouldn't have to be re-activated.

Remember to try to buy them on post/base so that you won't have to pay sales tax:)

The military discounted room rates have been released (only through the end of the calendar year so far).

Get with Disney CRO or your travel agent if your desired dates are Oct-Dec 2011.

The military discounted room rates have been released (only through the end of the calendar year so far).

Get with Disney CRO or your travel agent if your desired dates are Oct-Dec 2011.
Thank you, Steve! I'm not finding blackout dates that have been posted yet. Does the WDTC/CRO have them?

Annoyed..... I called...... sat on hold for 15 mins and the gal goes 'o thats not out yet' with out even LOOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter