Armed Forces Salute Room/Ticket Discount: 2011/12 (Spring Break Update)

Here's one I hope someone can help with...I know the service member can only purchase 6 tickets per year, but does anyone know if this is based on when the tickets are actually purchased, or when they are activated? I'm asking because we are considering a visit to WDW in Feb. 2012, but then I am attending a conference @ DLR resort in Mar. 2012 and would need tickets for that too.

Could we buy 6 tickets in 2011, to be activated Feb. 2012...and still be eligible to buy 6 tickets in 2012, to be activated Mar. 2012? :confused3

Here's one I hope someone can help with...I know the service member can only purchase 6 tickets per year, but does anyone know if this is based on when the tickets are actually purchased, or when they are activated? I'm asking because we are considering a visit to WDW in Feb. 2012, but then I am attending a conference @ DLR resort in Mar. 2012 and would need tickets for that too.

Could we buy 6 tickets in 2011, to be activated Feb. 2012...and still be eligible to buy 6 tickets in 2012, to be activated Mar. 2012? :confused3

Sorry the limit is 6 tickets during an offer period. The current offer ends 1 Oct. 2011 and tickets purchased during this offer must be used by then (like use or loose leave). After that date during the FY12 offer you can only purchase 6 tickets.

Have you thought about an annual pass? Compare the price to getting the Armed Forces Salute tickets plus the Magic Your Way tickets you'd need for your second visit to an AP.

If he has a Military retiree Id card, he is eligible.

Ugh so sorry I meant his ID is *expired*, not retired. He has been out of the military for years (honorable discharge) so his ID is now expired. He does not have the first clue about how to get it renewed, or if he could even do so. Does it matter if the ID is expired? He also has his discharge papers.

Ugh so sorry I meant his ID is *expired*, not retired. He has been out of the military for years (honorable discharge) so his ID is now expired. He does not have the first clue about how to get it renewed, or if he could even do so. Does it matter if the ID is expired? He also has his discharge papers.

Yes it has to be an Active ID card. If he is eligible for an ID card he need to go a base to the ID office with his discharge papers & his old ID card. They will be able to tell him if he is allowed a ID card if he get one then he can get the tickets but if he is not eligible he won't. Hope this help but just having the discharge papers won't help.

The active duty or retired member will have to show an Id when activating the tickets at disney. I forgot mine in the hotel safe one trip and had to go back and get it.

Thanks for letting us know! We have military id's (those that are vets, but did not retire) to be able to use the VA Health Clinics. I'm assuming this would not work.

Thanks for letting us know! We have military id's (those that are vets, but did not retire) to be able to use the VA Health Clinics. I'm assuming this would not work.

No the VA cards will not work. You have to have the DOD issued military ID cards. The only veterans eligible for this offer that are not active, retired, reservist, National guard, or dependent spouse are those that have been rated 100% perm disabled and have the Tan military ID card.

Just heard about this after making reservations today! I was told to call back when the discounts come out and they will apply the discount then. :yay:

Just heard about this after making reservations today! I was told to call back when the discounts come out and they will apply the discount then. :yay:
Yippee and :welcome: to the DIS P'colaBeachBum. I loved those white sand beaches in Destin/Ft. Walton and is Mesquite Charlie's still open in P'cola? They had the best steaks.

We booked for Sept 25th-Oct 4th and the last two nights are rack rate since they didn't update the current offer yet. Waiting for them to release the updated offer so hopefully they will apply it to the last 2 nights.

Yippee and :welcome: to the DIS P'colaBeachBum. I loved those white sand beaches in Destin/Ft. Walton and is Mesquite Charlie's still open in P'cola? They had the best steaks.

Thanks for the welcome. Mesquite Charlie's is still open, but I have not been there in years.

I just got off the phone with Dianne at Disneyland Travel. She said castmembers there recently received a memo stating that DL was not going to extend the 40% military discount. Anyone have better intel than this? What about WDW? I'd rather not bother making the call if they are not going to extend the discount. We'll just save for another year:)

I just got off the phone with Dianne at Disneyland Travel. She said castmembers there recently received a memo stating that DL was not going to extend the 40% military discount. Anyone have better intel than this? What about WDW? I'd rather not bother making the call if they are not going to extend the discount. We'll just save for another year:)

since wdw posted it on facebook
i am sure they will follow through
dl i don't think posed info so i could see them not doing it
kinda sad imo if they didn't

Thanks for the info. Maybe it's time to take the family to WDW. They've never been. I grew up on the east coast, so usually visited at least once a year. When I was in my late teens, early 20's, I spent three summers in Central Florida (Chuluota) and spent most weekends at the park. The last time I went (on business, of course!) was in 2005.

I even remember taking a bus tour of WDW (1970), and remembering the tour guide pointing out holes in the ground and telling us that those were the future spots for Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, etc.

My wife is a California girl who's never been to Florida, yet has refused to entertain the thought of WDW... until now. Although it's 16 to 20 hours of travel time/airport time, I think the family would love the visit. Any suggestions as to WDW hotels; mid-priced and enjoyable?

Thanks again :)

My wife is a California girl who's never been to Florida, yet has refused to entertain the thought of WDW... until now. Although it's 16 to 20 hours of travel time/airport time, I think the family would love the visit. Any suggestions as to WDW hotels; mid-priced and enjoyable?

I'll recommend the following resorts:
Pop Century
Port Orleans (either Riverside or French Quarter)
Coronado Springs

We like the Coronado Springs too, ask for a room close to the lobby. Port Orleans French Quarter is a smaller, less busy resort.

And Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge are lower cost Deluxe resorts which with the 40% off are priced similar to a moderate. We stayed at AKL last Nov. for $200 per night (w/ 40% off). We asked for and got a free upgrade to a savanna view.

Random but I was looking at disneyworld.com today and under offers, the military one wasn't there anymore. Maybe they took it down to modify it since it's being extended? I hope so!

Random but I was looking at disneyworld.com today and under offers, the military one wasn't there anymore. Maybe they took it down to modify it since it's being extended? I hope so!

I just looked and its still there-saying "stay tuned". I am about to pull my hair out waiting. I really want to book a trip for October, but want to make sure our dates are included before making any ressies.

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....romotionCode=fy11military&market=fy11military

Question about the tickets. If you get the 4 day parkhopper with water parks can you use a water park day as a 5th and 6th day as long as you don't go into a park like you can the normal Disney tickets? Thinking about getting this ticket for a 5 night trip just wanting to see if we can use the water park options like that.

Question about the tickets. If you get the 4 day parkhopper with water parks can you use a water park day as a 5th and 6th day as long as you don't go into a park like you can the normal Disney tickets? Thinking about getting this ticket for a 5 night trip just wanting to see if we can use the water park options like that.

I not sure but I would say no. I am going in June for 5 nights & asked my morale office & she said it was good for 4 nights unless you didn't activate it the first day of your trip. Can always call. If you are going more than 4 nights get another set of ticket which what I did. I don't go to the water parks but do park hop :) This is my view only

From my understanding, if you get the tickets with park hoppers and waterparks and more, you have 4 days of tickets to the parks plus 4 passes to waterparks and "more". So, you could be there 6 days, visit the 4 parks on days 1-4, then on days 5 and 6, you could visit the water parks or "more".

*If you visited TL and BB in the same day-you would have to use 2 of your 4 passes. (1 for each water park).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter