Argh! Pandora mess-up!

This is exactly what happened to me. I have motion sickness issues, so decided to do the river journey, but now i'm hearing it's similar to Soarin, which I have no problems with, so it should not be an issue. I've been refreshing constantly, but can't get a FOP fp now. :(

Don't lose hope! I originally had NRJ FPs but just kept checking back on MDE over and over and eventually FoP popped up and I was able to switch it. Basically every time I picked up my phone to check social media or email I checked MDE instead. This was just a few days ago so I would keep trying!

I didn't bother researching the rides because...I don't know. I guess I didn't really "need" to know about them. My husband said the River ride was supposed to be best at night, so fine. I made our FastPass for the ride at night and figured we'd have all day to stand in line for Flights of Passage.

Actually it doesn't matter when you ride na'vi river ride. It's an indoor boat ride and it looks exactly the same in day and night.. It's like saying dinosaur should be rode at night because it's a dark ride.. It's always a dark ride just like that...

You're coming near the opening here is what you need to know...

- there is lines for everything. Food, store, both rides.. Only thing with almost no line is face painting becaus emost just walk past it and realizing it was a thing until they see someone face painted.
- for food, mde app and order online to bypass that line.. You can't use dining plan with online ordering so it's a good time to make that a meal out of pocket and use your credits in another way during the trip like getting 3 snacks for each meal credit or a double table service credit location.
- FOP is the longest line so if your going to standby, na'vi will get you a little time back but only about 15-20 minutes of your time.. it's not a huge difference, don't change a fastpass unless you luck out and can modify the existing to get FOP.
- there might be a wait to get into pandora itself, but a fastpass will get you in faster, keep any fastpass you have.
- both rides are indoor, there is no difference to the experience for time of day.
- The store is a good 30-60 minute wait to get inside and you will not be running out quick if your getting a banshee, there will be another instore line for that..
- There is a good selection of clothing and other things available outside of pandora so maybe stop by the shops near the tree (both sides) and take a look in them for what they have and you might just skip the store entirely..

Other than that, I've just described all of pandora. It's not that large.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter