Aren't Graduations Grand! - May 2015 TR (New 10/30 - MK and California Grill)

I thought these turned our rather well since I was still full of Mucinex and antibiotics! (And blowing my nose constantly!)
You'd never be able to tell

We both love the Pooh French toast. Along with the omelet/egg station, it’s my favorite part of the Crystal Palace breakfast. It’s like eating a donut with syrup (so, super healthy… but it’s vacation?). ;)
The food at CP is soo good, you're making me want the Ppoh French toast

Anika HATES being the center of attention so she was DYING. Don’t let that smile in the picture fool you – she was being polite as she didn’t want to make our server feel bad. I thought this was rather hysterical and laughed about it for the rest of the day.
OMG, I would have died too, what a weird song to sing.

ANIKA gave a character a HUG. This is similar to Sheldon hugging Penny back in season two of The Big Bang Theory. Anika HATES meeting characters, but will put up with it as she loves me and I love the characters.
That's the magic of Disney and Winnie (he's my fave)

Some people in our photo missed the instructions to be scared:
Lol, such the range of emotions here

Anika was a much happier camper at the end of this meal than she’d been on her last visit here. Hooray for a disaster-free morning!
Yay, for good moods. I'm excited to try LTT for the first time in December.

Thanks! I may have to try it on my solo trip in April!

Yes! If you can work it into your plans, I'd highly recommend Liberty Tree Tavern!

Definitely keep it in mind!
Besides... you can afford to take a bit of time for yourself. It's okay!

It's a really good reminder. You are on vacation, after all. ;)

::yes:: I like that Disney seems to be making more of an effort in that department.
7DMT and PP come to mind.

Even though I try my best to wait in a short line, the interactive queues are great for the attractions that often have long waits.

It was a birthday neither of us will ever forget!

But I don't want to be lugging a wet poncho around if I don't have to.

That's definitely the downside to the heavier-duty Disney ponchos. It is certainly easier to toss the cheap ponchos (assuming you have a spare along in case you get another random rain shower!).

<sigh>
I had hoped to try the burger there, but...

Well, you'll see (when I get that TR started.)

Oh, no! I hope it was for a good reason instead of a bad one!

Yes, I would think so!
I have done it once or twice, but only because I was there for ADRs, not as a guest.
I can't imagine waking up and doing that. Nice!

It was SO NICE! I can see how spoiled you would feel after staying at a monorail resort. It was really fun to experience once, though!

Nice photo!

Thank you!

Me too! Looking forward to the report.

It will be an interesting one, for sure! Fewer thrill rides (and probably fewer restaurant reviews), but hopefully plenty of fun and cute toddler photos!

Very well! So much so that I thought you were all better.

Thanks! I hid it well. I'm pretty sure I couldn't breathe through my nose the entire day. :headache:

I did too. :)

I really liked the original hub (at least the more recent-to-me "original"), but it was a very nice design. I'm glad they kept all of the little character statues sprinkled throughout!

:) You're converting her!

I'm trying my best! :goodvibes

Thanks for the tip! I seldom eat breakfast in Disney, but... one never knows!

It's my favorite in-park Disney breakfast. (It's a tough call whether Kona Café or Boma are my favorite resort breakfast - both are SO GOOD!)

Nice of him, but...
:laughing:
… this. I was thinking the same thing. How does he know if she's lost that loving feeling or not???

It was such a strange song choice! Poor Anika... she doesn't like birthday attention in the form of restaurant antics in the first place, but it seemed worse that it was such a goofy song!

That's so sweet! I love that!

It made my day! I don't think I'd believe it happened without the photographic proof! :laughing:

My goodness, I'm SO EXCITED to return to Disney World! A ton has changed (new attractions, new restaurants, our touring strategy :laughing:), but it will certainly be a great new adventure!

:wave: But please post a link to the TR here... or else I'll miss it!

Yes, you can find it in this post...
or via the link in my signature. ;)

We were very efficient with our breakfast that morning! (My dining partners may have also been under threat!) :laughing:

I couldn't believe it! What bad luck...

I know just how you feel. it's a real problem!

A first-world problem, certainly, but definitely a Disney problem!

I was thankful it was a short delay, but it certainly put us a bit behind. We were onto our second ride on our 2013 trip just a minute or two after our line started moving for our first ride this time!

I always have my camera!

I had a similar reaction to it the first time I rode it.

And this as well. Subsequent trips on 7DMT have been very enjoyable.

I'm glad I've had the opportunity to enjoy it several times. I'm looking forward to the time when M can enjoy it, too!

It's a little thing, but I always think it's so clever!

:laughing:
But at least you got it!

They improved dramatically when given the same direction in front of Tower or Terror a few days later. At least they can learn!

Ugh... not great for so early in the morning.

The Jungle Cruise has become crazy with Fastpass+. I'm hoping to make it a first ride of the day on our upcoming trip so we can reduce our wait in line as much as possible.

A good skipper makes or breaks this ride.

I've been lucky to have never had a bad skipper... but I'll take a great one over a good one any day!

Feast? They're just babysitting that sleeping zebra.

:rotfl:

Really! Why? (apart from the views)

Honestly, I'm not sure! I know we climbed it twice on our original sister trip in 2012 - once during the day and once at night. We especially enjoyed it at night as so few people were there with us so we could backtrack multiple times. We felt like we were on the attraction all by ourselves, which is not a feeling you get often at Disney! I think that positive feeling follows us each time we experience the attraction on each trip!

That's about the only reason I'd go in there. But I'd prefer to mosey just a bit over to Aloha Isle and cool off with a Dole Whip.

It's not my favorite, but it's kitchy and fun. And AIR CONDITIONING!

I had the family style the two times I've been there. But I really want to try that burger!

I hope one day you can!

It's such a fun way to to be called into the restaurant.

That looks good!

It's a really tasty salad! It's a great choice if you want a lighter meal.

Yum! I love a good clam chowder!

I know you're a big chowder fan!

<sigh>… some day...

:goodvibes

It's practically a law, isn't it?!

That looks pretty tame when compared to the Toffee cake.

It's not nearly as special, but Anika enjoyed it anyway!

Happy Birthday! Get out!

If only my budget had allowed for more than two nights! It was definitely fun to stay there, though!

All rules go out the window on vacation! I've never made it to CP for breakfast but it has been on our ADR list several times before being cut. One of these days I'll know all that awesomeness.

You should make a late-breakfast reservation - that way you could enjoy breakfast and lunch at once!

:eek: I know that guy! He was our server when we had lunch there this summer! I absolutely understand her discomfort. :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

Super nice guy, but he does enjoy serenading his tables while you while you eat. And it is kind of awkward...

I can't believe you recognize him! :laughing: He was a really nice guy and a good server, but it was really the song choice that made it so ridiculous. At least it was a unique experience!

I'm SO excited to bring M to Disney World!!! I'm excited to bring G, too, but I think M is the one I can make into a super-Disney fan! :goodvibes

I'll be happy to answer any questions or help the best I can. For a lot of things, just remember, there's no right or wrong answer, just do what you want.

Thank you so much! Your reports have already been so helpful in my initial planning thoughts, but I appreciate any extra help! Also, that's excellent advice as every family is different!

Blech... at least it didn't end up wasting a lot of the morning.

It was disappointing to lose any of the morning minutes of touring time (especially since we beat the rest of the crowd by ten minutes!), but thankfully we weren't waiting there long after park opening!

That's about right... fun ride, but 75 minute wait? No thanks.

Indeed. I don't think it's a ride I'll ever do without a Fastpass (or certainly without waiting long in line).

Are you trying to make her sick for her birthday?
Seriously though, CP and LTT... both are among my favorites. I probably would make myself sick eating those 2 back to back. I'd probably also go for the family style meal at LTT though.

We've actually done Crystal Palace and LTT back-to-back twice - both in 2013 and 2015. I think since we don't go overboard at Crystal Palace and order individual entrees at LTT it seems to work for us. If you filled up at both due to the "buffet" aspect I can see that it could be a rough go!

Good call.

I know when it's necessary to keep the embarrassment to a minimum. ;)

That's awesome!

Thank goodness! She was due an actual "happy" birthday at Disney - I'm so glad it was!

You'd never be able to tell

Thank you! I couldn't believe how well I appeared in the pictures - I felt like a bit of a train wreck!

The food at CP is soo good, you're making me want the Ppoh French toast

I know, Crystal Palace is delicious! That's the danger of trip reports that include dining reviews... they always make you hungry! :laughing:

OMG, I would have died too, what a weird song to sing.

Thank goodness it wasn't me! :laughing:

Yes, if only he'd sung a different song it wouldn't have been nearly as strange!

That's the magic of Disney and Winnie (he's my fave)

Indeed it is! (I still wouldn't believe it if I didn't have photographic proof!)

Lol, such the range of emotions here

I know! At least they were being good sports about stopping for the pictures.

Yay, for good moods. I'm excited to try LTT for the first time in December.

I hope you love it! LTT has been a consistent favorite of mine.

Would it be weird to eat at LTT alone? I'm going on a Girls' weekend, but they only have 4 nights on the DP, and I have 5....

Not at all! I ate lunch alone there in 2016 and didn't feel at all awkward. The food comes out fast enough that you don't have a ridiculously long meal and there's plenty to look at in the restaurant so you're not bored while waiting for your food. As mentioned (for multiple restaurants), I'm also a big fan of being able to escape into the air conditioning!

I ate at several restaurants alone in 2016, including Boma (breakfast), Prime Time Café, Via Napoli, and LTT. The only one where I felt awkward was Via Napoli, likely because most of the restaurant was made up of such big groups and it took awhile for my pizza to arrive. I would hesitate to eat there again while solo (although I'd hate to miss the pizza!), but would be happy to return to any of the others solo.

Would it be weird to eat at LTT alone? I'm going on a Girls' weekend, but they only have 4 nights on the DP, and I have 5....

No it would not.

It's a really good reminder. You are on vacation, after all. ;)
::yes::
Even though I try my best to wait in a short line, the interactive queues are great for the attractions that often have long waits.
Very much so.
That's definitely the downside to the heavier-duty Disney ponchos. It is certainly easier to toss the cheap ponchos (assuming you have a spare along in case you get another random rain shower!).
I wouldn't know. I carry a poncho... but never use it. I have the VIP weather package.
Oh, no! I hope it was for a good reason instead of a bad one!
Afraid not...
It will be an interesting one, for sure! Fewer thrill rides (and probably fewer restaurant reviews), but hopefully plenty of fun and cute toddler photos!
:goodvibes
It was such a strange song choice! Poor Anika... she doesn't like birthday attention in the form of restaurant antics in the first place, but it seemed worse that it was such a goofy song!
:laughing: Poor Anika.
My goodness, I'm SO EXCITED to return to Disney World! A ton has changed (new attractions, new restaurants, our touring strategy :laughing:), but it will certainly be a great new adventure!
Yay!!!
I've been lucky to have never had a bad skipper... but I'll take a great one over a good one any day!
I've had one. I was amazed at how unenjoyable the ride was.
Honestly, I'm not sure! I know we climbed it twice on our original sister trip in 2012 - once during the day and once at night. We especially enjoyed it at night as so few people were there with us so we could backtrack multiple times. We felt like we were on the attraction all by ourselves, which is not a feeling you get often at Disney! I think that positive feeling follows us each time we experience the attraction on each trip!
That's an excellent reason. :)
I know you're a big chowder fan!

No it would not.
I'd totally do it!

It makes me feel better that both of you agree! :goodvibes

Thanks! Dining day is this week, and I'll be sure to book it- all thanks to your yummy description!

I hope LTT hasn't taken a major nosedive in the three years since I've been there! :laughing:

Seriously, though, I think you'll really enjoy LTT. Enjoy the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!

I wouldn't know. I carry a poncho... but never use it. I have the VIP weather package.

:rotfl2:

That's true! Silly me for forgetting!

I've had one. I was amazed at how unenjoyable the ride was.

What a bummer! I'm surprised they keep skippers that are sub-par considering how high in-demand that position is!

An Afternoon of Fantasy and the Future
Day 7 – Part IV

Full of lunch and plenty of tasty dessert, we said goodbye to Liberty Tree Tavern and continued on with our afternoon in Magic Kingdom.

Our first stop was a walk back to New Fanstasyland to board a clamshell:

P1080576_zpsrxdlrqid.jpg

It’s been so long that I don’t remember if it was a short wait or if I switched our 7DMT Fastpass to this. I think we had a Fastpass as it was only a six-minute span from the exterior of the attraction before we saw Scuttle at the beginning of the ride. From what I remember of that queue I’m pretty sure it takes at least five minutes to walk through!

I know Ursula is evil and all, but I do enjoy hearing her sing “Poor Unfortunate Souls”:

IMG_1456_zpsqhmbhh7v.jpg

I also captured a happier moment for Ariel (although it would’ve been better if Eric would’ve manned up and kissed the darn girl):

IMG_1459_zpsvp7zxhiy.jpg

It’s such a cute attraction. I think Haunted Mansion is my favorite dark ride, but Under the Sea is so fun and colorful that it’s worth a couple visits each trip.

All three of us were excited about our next attraction:

P1080587_zpsfm5yqljf.jpg

We all LOVE Space Mountain. (Well, Anika and I love it and Wade is happy with any roller coaster).

The section with the running and flashing lights before you blast off is one of my favorite parts of the ride:

P1080590_zpslvkbyfyo.jpg

I think we look pretty happy on the ride photo, too:

wdw2015149243652232_7379353327_zpswqv6cj52.jpg

Okay, Wade looks more nervous than happy, but I think he was trying to adjust the lap bar when they took the picture. He proclaimed it was a great ride when we were done!

After blasting through space we stuck around Tomorrowland for a few additional favorites. We enjoyed a spin on the Peoplemover:

P1080594_zps8sxzlvpa.jpg

Followed by a spin on one of Anika and my favorites:

P1080601_zpszrhbalwq.jpg

If they ever remove this attraction, I may riot. I understand the need to keep things exciting and fresh, but the Carousel of Progress just screams “DISNEY!” to me. I’ve managed to get Anika to adore it – now I just need to do the same with the thousands of people that visit Magic Kingdom every day. (Although I don’t want to turn the lines similar to those outside Peter Pan, so perhaps I’ll just convert hundreds of people… enough to keep the attraction popular but not crazy!) :laughing:

I managed to pick up a fourth Fastpass for Winnie the Pooh, so we headed there next:

P1080603_zpssm4mh6ai.jpg

It’s such a trippy attraction but always fun. I do love the dark rides!

Our final ride in Magic Kingdom was a ride on the happiest cruise that ever sailed:

P1080613_zpstifbnsrr.jpg

I know it doesn’t always get a lot of love (really, more anxiety and distain than love), but I really enjoy It’s a Small World. I wouldn’t want to ride it over and over, mind you, but it’s quite nostalgic for me to ride this every trip.

My favorite is the drunken (or high?) hippo:

IMG_1470_zpszmnc67z7.jpg

I believe I get a picture of him every time I ride this attraction!

After our happy cruise (happier for the hippo than most! :laughing: ), we headed out of the park.

We enjoyed a nice ride on the boat back to the Grand Floridian:

P1080627_zpspw2ihllx.jpg

I do love all the great transportation options for the Magic Kingdom resorts!

We picked up our luggage from bell services and brought it out to Wade’s car. It was time to make our way over to our final home on our vacation.

Hello, Port Orleans Riverside!

P1080628_zpsckgpabep.jpg

I’d already received a text that our room was ready (I was LOVING online check-in!) so we bypassed the lobby and drove right around to Magnolia Bend (the “mansions” portion of Riverside):

P1110026_zpscmc0nm8v.jpg

This picture was taken on a different day from the middle portion of the resort, but it’s a good representation of Magnolia Bend!

Our home for the last ten days of our trip (yes, we still have ten days to go!) was room 8277 in Acadian House:

P1110035_zpsfao8jd4l.jpg

P1110042_zpsbpyh0lgi.jpg

My room requests for our Port Orleans stay were for the mansions in a higher floor… and they delivered! I had overall good luck with my room requests this trip. The only request that wasn’t fulfilled was my request for the 50’s at Pop Century – we were given the 60’s instead, right next door. I don’t know if it was because I submitted my requests directly through Disney via Orbitz, or because my room requests were pretty general (“high floor” is my most common request), but I was very happy!

I was even more happy to realize that our room happened to be one of the coveted corner rooms with double windows!

Here is the inside of our room:

P1080630_zpsax3i9z5q.jpg

P1080643_zpslbcgbelh.jpg

P1080629_zps387v4vd8.jpg

P1080635_zpscmmclgs2.jpg

And the bathroom area:

P1080632_zpsralukdkl.jpg

P1080633_zps09ub1icf.jpg

P1080631_zps35pzpfms.jpg

It’s a bit of a flashback as these pictures still include touches of colored bed linens! I must admit that I like the splashes of color a bit more than the all-white bedding that’s available now. I feel like it really enhances the theme of the individual rooms and the resort.

I appreciated that we had a towel Mickey waiting to greet us:

P1080636_zps35w9c5wd.jpg

And I will miss the individual bottles of shampoo and lotion:

P1080638_zpscjcuit3a.jpg

I know it’s must more eco-friendly to have the dispensers (and I’m all for that!), but I loved coming home with a big bag of Disney toiletries after a trip!

We enjoyed settling in our room for about an hour before we dressed for Anika’s fancy birthday dinner. Where were we headed? For someone who’s not a fan of characters, we certainly weren’t headed for a character dinner! In case the “fancy” didn’t give it away…

P1080644_zpsfxqxzm2u.jpg

Up Next: Dinner at California Grill

Last edited:
A Very Magical Birthday Dinner
Day 7 – Part V

I was super excited about this meal. Anika and I had not been to the California Grill since our original sister’s trip in 2012 as the restaurant was under refurbishment on our last trip. I was looking forward to seeing the redesign and also looking forward to the surprises to come during the meal!

We made it to the Contemporary Resort in no time thanks to Wade’s car. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I really love the Contemporary Resort lobby:

P1080646_zpstsshro3m.jpg

I know it’s not as “Disney” themed as some of the other resorts, but it had so many cool touches!

We made our way up to the California Grill check-in desk a full fifteen minutes before our reservation. I checked us in with Wade and Anika and then had them take a step back from the check-in desk. I quietly confirmed that the special dessert I’d ordered was noted on the reservation – it was! We were all set.

P1080648_zpss4nkw1xv.jpg

We waited all of two minutes before we were ushered up in the elevator. The redesigned restaurant was really cool and I especially liked the light fixtures!

P1080654_zpsptm809id.jpg

We soaked up some of the amazing Magic Kingdom views before being called back to our table:

P1080652_zpssjgg9s6c.jpg

P1080650_zpsrcrre9ud.jpg

Just five minutes later we were seated. Rather than the main restaurant we were seated in the back section (I think it’s the wine room?) which is a smaller room.

P1080659_zpsuqk7s055.jpg

Rather than views of Magic Kingdom, you can see Bay Lake, the Wilderness Lodge, and all the way to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I shoved my disappoint aside as I thought it was a pretty neat dining space!

P1080669_zpsrpgkuidq.jpg

P1080670_zpshep9yt6c.jpg

I was also excited by our table. Not only did we have the usual Mickey confetti to signify Anika’s birthday, but they even included a special birthday card from the California Grill:

P1080655_zpszlv0qeyi.jpg

P1080657_zpsabdy41xg.jpg

I was impressed. :worship:

Our dinner at California Grill is where my illness (and lack of being able to smell, and hence taste, anything) really caught up with me. Our breakfast at Crystal Palace and lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern were hardly fine dining and the flavors are tasty but pretty average. Since we were at the California Grill I knew I wanted a glass of wine. Our server offered to bring a few to sample, which I appreciated. I chose two different ones (although no memory of which ones, beyond them both being white wines) and tried them.

I honestly could hardly tell a difference between them. I know multiple wine studies have shown that “wine tasting” is not nearly as nuanced as the “experts” make it seem – but I can usually at least tell which wine I like better! :laughing:

I think I drove our server nuts with my commentary on the wine. I don’t remember what I said, but I could tell she was a bit pained. I didn’t mean to cause issues – I just seriously could not taste the wine! I just picked one (a wine called Conundrum, which is a California white wine blend) and went with it.

I figured since I could hardly taste anything it was not the night to attempt great cuisine. Instead, I decided to split sushi with Anika and get two appetizers for my entrée. This is one plus of forgoing the dining plan – you can order whatever you want!

Our servers, bless them in dealing with my cray ramblings about wine, soon brought out our bread basket:

P1080660_zpsudncxchy.jpg

Wade was excited for more opportunities to use butter!

Our sushi followed shortly after:

P1080661_zpsqzn5n4bj.jpg

We ordered the Spicy Kazan roll, which includes crab, shrimp, scallops, tuna, and fireball sauce. Anika decided to take advantage of the fact that I had no sense of smell or taste, and could hence handle such a spicy sushi roll! Generally spicy is not my thing so Anika was excited to order it!

For our main dishes, I chose to get the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli appetizer, which includes a tomato-fennel broth, crispy mushrooms, basil, and olive oil:

P1080664_zpstulogymx.jpg

It’s a shame my taste buds weren’t working this evening as this is an excellent dish. I actually ordered it again in 2016 to properly taste it and it is delicious! Highly recommended if you’re looking for an appetizer!

I wasn’t sure if the ravioli would fill me up, so I also ordered a flatbread:

P1080665_zpsurhn0pht.jpg

I was not as good at taking pictures of the menu at California Grill as I was at Narcoossee’s, so I don’t remember exactly what I ordered! I know it was a mushroom flatbread (I LOVE mushrooms!) and also seemed to include onions and microgreens. It was very tasty!

Wade ordered the filet:

P1080662_zpsigyi7ibq.jpg

While Anika ordered the fish, which was Halibut:

P1080663_zpsfahzbqjw.jpg

Again, I don’t know the exact accompaniments as I’m without the menu and the California Grill lineup changes regularly, but both of them enjoyed their meals.

Next up was dessert, which I was most excited about. When I knew we’d be having Anika’s birthday dinner at the California Grill, I knew I wanted to order a special dessert. I needed to throw her off, though, so I also ordered this dessert:

P1080673_zpsldkelhlg.jpg

What is it? I have no idea! :laughing: It was some sort of rich chocolate dessert and it was very good, but in no way compared to…

P1080672_zpsyyak6ynn.jpg

The Glass Slipper dessert!

Anika was very excited (and quite surprised!) when this was set down in front of her! I was SO excited (and relieved!) that they spelled her name correctly. I confirmed the spelling of her name about five times when I’d placed the order. Anika has a fairly unusual name (and with a slightly unique spelling), so I wanted to make sure it was right!

Let me tell you, this Glass Slipper was SO good! It was also amazingly detailed, which was awfully neat. Isn’t the “picture” of the castle with the cocoa powder and the candle great?!

IMG_1485_zpspkygikkk.jpg

I also ordered a cappuccino for fun:

P1080667_zpsgxnttkcu.jpg

It came with this lovely plate of accompaniments, including these brown sugar cubes:

P1080668_zpsawp82lcu.jpg

I don’t tend to put sugar in my coffee (I’m strictly a cream gal), but even I added one as they were fun and different!

I was so happy with our entire experience at California Grill. Between the decorations and the card and their great service, they really exceeded our expectations!

We were more than an hour away from the fireworks and were pretty tired, so we decided to forgo staying to watch them on the balcony. Anika and I were both okay with that since we’d watched them from the balcony on our last visit. We did walk out on the balcony before leaving to soak up the Magic Kingdom views before calling it a night:

P1080680_zpst2u0zpov.jpg

My favorite detail was the top of the bus depot at Magic Kingdom, which was outlined with lights:

P1080695_zpstdsipsc2.jpg

What a cool detail that probably goes unnoticed by many people!

I got a few additional pictures of the restaurant on our way out:

P1080674_zpsnrkjjdgm.jpg

P1080675_zpsp9fkckyv.jpg

Final Thoughts – California Grill

We loved our evening and it was the perfect place to celebrate Anika’s birthday. She loved that the attention came in the form of some confetti and a card and a tasty chocolate dessert, rather than a crooner singing to her! Everything we ate was delicious (even if I couldn’t taste all of it!) and our servers were great. We would absolutely return to the California Grill!

Up Next: Morning in AK

That's true! Silly me for forgetting!
Silly girl!

;)
It’s been so long that I don’t remember if it was a short wait or if I switched our 7DMT Fastpass to this.
Could be either...
From what I remember of that queue I’m pretty sure it takes at least five minutes to walk through!
And it's usually completely empty.
That and Nemo in Epcot... grossly over estimated crowds.
I know Ursula is evil and all, but I do enjoy hearing her sing “Poor Unfortunate Souls”:
Me too!
I also captured a happier moment for Ariel (although it would’ve been better if Eric would’ve manned up and kissed the darn girl):
Yeah, he's a loser. That's why she picked me, instead.
. I think Haunted Mansion is my favorite dark ride
The section with the running and flashing lights before you blast off is one of my favorite parts of the ride:
Mine too. :)
Except I may be done with Space. Just getting too rough for my old bones.
I think we look pretty happy on the ride photo, too:
We enjoyed a spin on the Peoplemover:
What??? No foot shot????
And you call yourself a DISer!
If they ever remove this attraction, I may riot.
Me too!!!!
now I just need to do the same with the thousands of people that visit Magic Kingdom every day. (Although I don’t want to turn the lines similar to those outside Peter Pan, so perhaps I’ll just convert hundreds of people… enough to keep the attraction popular but not crazy!) :laughing:
:lmao:
It’s such a trippy attraction
Oh Lord... No kidding!
Our final ride in Magic Kingdom was a ride on the happiest cruise that ever sailed:
I'm so sorry. Was that an accident?
I know it doesn’t always get a lot of love (really, more anxiety and distain than love), but I really enjoy It’s a Small World. I wouldn’t want to ride it over and over, mind you, but it’s quite nostalgic for me to ride this every trip.
Okay... to be honest... I'd be upset if they removed it too. While it's definitely not my fave ride, it's an original and should absolutely stay.
:laughing: ::yes::
Our home for the last ten days of our trip (yes, we still have ten days to go!) was room 8277 in Acadian House:
Ah!
Close to the bridge. Good choice.
(We stayed in Magnolia Terrace)
My room requests for our Port Orleans stay were for the mansions in a higher floor… and they delivered!
:)
I was even more happy to realize that our room happened to be one of the coveted corner rooms with double windows!
Score!
And I will miss the individual bottles of shampoo and lotion:
Not I. Had an incident there...
In case the “fancy” didn’t give it away…
If that didn't...
...that certainly did!

I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I really love the Contemporary Resort lobby:
I haven't been much at all... but will pay more attention when I do. :)
I quietly confirmed that the special dessert I’d ordered was noted on the reservation – it was! We were all set.
Oh, boy!
We soaked up some of the amazing Magic Kingdom views before being called back to our table:
Wonderful views!
Just five minutes later we were seated. Rather than the main restaurant we were seated in the back section (I think it’s the wine room?) which is a smaller room.
Cool!
Rather than views of Magic Kingdom, you can see Bay Lake, the Wilderness Lodge, and all the way to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I shoved my disappoint aside as I thought it was a pretty neat dining space!
I think it's great! I've never seen those views before (On other TRs.)
they even included a special birthday card from the California Grill:
Nice touch. :)
I just picked one (a wine called Conundrum
I think it's funny that you picked a wine called conundrum when you were having a conundrum about which wine to pick.
Nice presentation!
I want that.... yum!
The Glass Slipper dessert!
Beautiful!
My favorite detail was the top of the bus depot at Magic Kingdom, which was outlined with lights:

P1080695_zpstdsipsc2.jpg

What a cool detail that probably goes unnoticed by many people!
::yes:: I have noticed that. :)

So glad you had such a nice meal!

It’s been so long that I don’t remember if it was a short wait or if I switched our 7DMT Fastpass to this. I think we had a Fastpass as it was only a six-minute span from the exterior of the attraction before we saw Scuttle at the beginning of the ride. From what I remember of that queue I’m pretty sure it takes at least five minutes to walk through!
Probably just a walk on! I think up until this past summer, we've always gone standby and pretty much walked on.
If they ever remove this attraction, I may riot. I understand the need to keep things exciting and fresh, but the Carousel of Progress just screams “DISNEY!” to me. I’ve managed to get Anika to adore it – now I just need to do the same with the thousands of people that visit Magic Kingdom every day. (Although I don’t want to turn the lines similar to those outside Peter Pan, so perhaps I’ll just convert hundreds of people… enough to keep the attraction popular but not crazy!) :laughing:
I agree! I enjoy it. I could definitely get on board with an update to the last scene, in particular, but I wouldn't want to see it go away.
:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:
Awesome!
I know it’s must more eco-friendly to have the dispensers (and I’m all for that!), but I loved coming home with a big bag of Disney toiletries after a trip!
They're great until the pump quits working and you can't get any shampoo out of it... :rolleyes1
::yes:: Maybe not the ideal view, but that really is a pretty spectacular vantage point too and not really many other ways you can experience it!
We loved our evening and it was the perfect place to celebrate Anika’s birthday. She loved that the attention came in the form of some confetti and a card and a tasty chocolate dessert, rather than a crooner singing to her! Everything we ate was delicious (even if I couldn’t taste all of it!) and our servers were great. We would absolutely return to the California Grill!
I'm glad this ended up being such a smashing success and an enjoyable meal.

What a wonderful meal! I haven't been to California Grill in a really long time- I'd love to go back! I love all the special touches they did for Anika's birthday!

My anxiety rising, I hated to give up our great spot in line but also hated to waste prime early-morning time. I left it up to Anika on what she wanted to do and she decided we should tough it out. Thankfully, we only had to wait until 9:05 for the line to begin moving.

Ugh that's the worst feeling! You don't wanna wait and have it be forever but you also don't wanna leave and then the ride comes right back up. Glad it worked out that morning though!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Well, funny story, it took us almost 30 MINUTES to get through the line! Good grief. I was thus far unimpressed what this Fastpass+ business had done to some of the ride lines.

You'll be unimpressed to know the Jungle Cruise line and FP line are always insane now.

If they ever remove this attraction, I may riot. I understand the need to keep things exciting and fresh, but the Carousel of Progress just screams “DISNEY!” to me.

Agreed.

It’s a bit of a flashback as these pictures still include touches of colored bed linens! I must admit that I like the splashes of color a bit more than the all-white bedding that’s available now. I feel like it really enhances the theme of the individual rooms and the resort.

Also agreed.

Wow! That's awesome.

Oo wow! That's almost too pretty to eat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter