Areas for Nice Walks/Hikes

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are driving to Orlando from Toronto and will be in the Orange Lake River Island Timeshare from April 21-28. We plan to do one Disney day, but mostly this vacation is just to relax and enjoy the pools and warm weather. However, we are not ones to spend entire days lounging at a pool, so are looking for half day activities. Shopping will be one activity (LOL), but are there conservations areas/boardwalks/nature walks in the area that we could spend a couple of hours just walking and enjoying the outdoors? Also any other ideas that take 3-4 hours? Thanks! Jo

My husband and I are driving to Orlando from Toronto and will be in the Orange Lake River Island Timeshare from April 21-28. We plan to do one Disney day, but mostly this vacation is just to relax and enjoy the pools and warm weather. However, we are not ones to spend entire days lounging at a pool, so are looking for half day activities. Shopping will be one activity (LOL), but are there conservations areas/boardwalks/nature walks in the area that we could spend a couple of hours just walking and enjoying the outdoors? Also any other ideas that take 3-4 hours? Thanks! Jo

There are so many trails everywhere in Florida and it seems so many of them are unknown. I'm always surprised when someone posts about one with photos.

Lake Louisa State Park is close to where you are staying and has several trails. And north of where you are staying in Oakland area are several trails.

Good source ... use map for location but it shows trails, description, photos, difficulty, maps etc.

https://www.alltrails.com/us/florida/orlando

Last edited:

We had a great hike at Shingle Creek right on 192. Also did Lake Louisa State Park and Lake Kissimmee State Park.

Shingle Creek was probably our favorite. Had a boardwalk to hike along, in the shade, nice and flat and VERY empty. Lake Louisa was a strong second.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter