Are you still allowed to Resort hopping (visit other resorts)?

Like everyone is saying, you should have no issues when using Disney transportation. I just spent a week in Orlando and pretty much only resort hopped (and visited Disney Springs) to look at Christmas decorations. Noone ever checked where I was staying and I would assume they welcome you as you may/will spend money in restaurants, shops, etc.

Really surprised to hear that you can't go there by Uber. What if you want to eat at a quick service or buy something at the resort and get there by Uber? Why would they mind?
Disney has decided they don’t want people being dropped off at resorts to walk to the parks. I have done this in the past when staying offsite, dropped off by Uber at Beach Club for Epcot or GF to grab some food before heading to MK. They don’t seem to care if you want to eat or shop at resorts close to the parks. No one checks at Swan or Dolphin so that is an option still.

As others have mentioned, it becomes a safety/traffic congestion issue when there are lines of those online taxis waiting to drop-off people who are trying to avoid paying for parking when they are mainly intending to go to one of the parks. Clearly Disney resorts closest to the parks have bigger issues with this.

thanks, We are staying off property at Vistana and will be there day after Xmas until after New Years. We just wanted to explore the diffrent resorts and thought maybe if we mobile order we could park, eat and explore. I know in the past this was never an issue but been reading about the restrictions put in place lately.
Some resorts will even adjust the "geo-fencing" when it's really busy so you aren't even able to place a mobile order unless you are physically there already or a guest of the resort.

Some resorts will even adjust the "geo-fencing" when it's really busy so you aren't even able to place a mobile order unless you are physically there already or a guest of the resort.
Yes. They started doing that when people started placing mobile orders to show at the guard gate, then canceling them once they were through the gate (until you click “I’m here, please prepare my order,” you aren’t charged). I’ve read of guards making people click it before being allowed in. The geo fencing is discouraging to many - but some people have posted that you can click through the warning and place an order anyway. Thus the reports here of people being turned away despite having a mobile order in place. Whatever Disney does, someone posts a workaround!

Hi,
Piggy backing of OP question. I would like to eat quick service at various resorts. If I moblie order will I be allowed to park. For instance we want to get beignets from the French Port resort. Eat at Geyser Point, and visit the bar at Coronado Springs.
Thanks, and Happy Holidays to everyone:)

When we stayed at OKW last year, we alternated between POR and POFQ to eat several evenings. At POFQ, we just had to say "We're here for the beignets!" and he'd laugh and wave us over in. When we went to POR, we got in a long line and the guard at the guard shack was interrogating every car at length. But then, about 3 cars before us, saw the long line, and just started waving people through. So we got lucky there, but others didn't.

Wow. Thanks, So I have to pay to park at one of the parks then catch the Disney Transportation to hotel because I am not staying on property this trip? What do people do to resort hop if staying off property. I was thinking about catching a bus from DS but that seems like a hassle

Wow. Thanks, So I have to pay to park at one of the parks then catch the Disney Transportation to hotel because I am not staying on property this trip? What do people do to resort hop if staying off property. I was thinking about catching a bus from DS but that seems like a hassle
Your option is to pay to park at either the TTC or another park (once you pay at one park, you can use that ticket to park at other parks, you don't have to pay again). Or yes, as you mentioned, park at DS and take a bus/boat from there.

We just used a handicapped taxi to get dropped at Caribbean Beach for Sebastian’s Bistro on 12/7/23. The gate guard required us to show our ressie to enter the resort.

Parking space at several resorts is an issue for the guests of those resorts. Disney NEEDS to insure those guests who paid for their parking spot through their room have one to easily pull in.

BUT the bottom line this is about money.

- Guests who do not pay for rooms or pay for highly priced table service (ADR) don't fall in the category that they want them using free parking spaces.
- Guess who really want to see the resorts or go to the shops, quick service or lounges will find a way to get there. Disney offers free transportation to those guests.
- Hotels do not need extra folks coming in to shop or grab some quick service, they have plenty via hotel guests and those who come via transportation.
- MOST of all Disney doesn't want people parking for free to avoid the toll booth at the parks. While the understood time limit is 3 hours, it would be costly for Disney to monitor that without a new system of paid parking for non-hotel guests.

The more they raise those theme park parking prices the more it becomes an issue. I was shocked last week so see the folks next to me pay $55 for their preferred spot. No doubt in my mind there are plenty who will try to park at any resort and get on transportation to the parks, I mean that savings would have paid for 2 quick service meals for us. Disney doesn't want to lose that parking money.

When we want to visit a resort we take Disney transportation, or we book an ADR and have a meal or even just have dessert. Last thing I'm going to do is waste time showing up to a booth without an ADR and then be turned away and have to completely change plans.

We recently dined at California Grill. Gate guard verified our reservation independently somehow. He didn’t look at our reservation email, but appeared to have a real time reservation data base list (to prevent people from using a previously cancelled reservation maybe?).
I have never had to show them my email, I always have them scan my MagicBand and ask for ID. They whatever pops up on their screen must show them the reservation. I remember before MagicBands they would take my ID and check their computer screen.

Hi,
Piggy backing of OP question. I would like to eat quick service at various resorts. If I moblie order will I be allowed to park. For instance we want to get beignets from the French Port resort. Eat at Geyser Point, and visit the bar at Coronado Springs.
Thanks, and Happy Holidays to everyone:)
Many Deluxe resorts have a bypassable warning QS mobile dining only for those staying at the resort.

We've always had to prove our ADR. And if the band they scan doesn't have the person listed it's a no go. DH is never listed so it has to be mine they scan.

Exception is PO beignets. Guard jokingly asked how we knew about them.

I remember when you could drive to the resorts to shop or get QS. Apparently, the scammers have ruined it for everyone.

I stayed at POR for a convention earlier this year, and used Uber daily. On every arrival back to POR, the guard verified my reservation, and a couple of times *demanded* the Uber driver roll down the back window, then rudely demanded my name from me and informed me that without a reservation I wouldn’t get in. I did complain at the desk about those instances, as I always gladly cooperated with the request for information and the guard’s interaction in those cases was quite frankly unacceptable. The response was basically that the guards aren’t supposed to be aggressive with their interactions, which I suspected was true, but wanted to let them know that was not always my experience.

Disney used to be so good about catching the scammers without ruining the experience for everyone else. I wish they’d get back to that practice.

Stayed at WL/BRV and BCV last week - the guards noted my car make/model/color etc. before they let me in…just to be sure I wasn’t towed later I guess…I’ve never seen them so strict.

Yes, park at Disney Springs, and bus from there. As a BWV owner who always drives, and sometimes has a very hard time finding parking at our resort when we're staying there, I am very much a proponent of not allowing just anyone to park there. We resort hop all the time, using Disney transportation, and do not have any issues with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter